Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

CBD products

Hi! So, I live in Tarrant County in Texas and the DA still says she will prosecute those with CBD oil as possession of a controlled substance. Are the face products I’m seeing legal everywhere? Is there any chance I could pop on a drug test? At 38, Ive tried it all and my skin is so red and sensitive and full of cystic acne, I’m dying to try this.

Re: CBD products

I work as a nurse and my hospital randomly drug tests people. There have been cases where people have tested positive and "using CBD oil for medical or beauty reasons" were not adequate reason for the hospital to give the person the benefit of the doubt. They were immediately dismissed, and there is now a clear message sent by the administration of the hospital that there is zero tolerance. They even sent out a system-wide memo to that effect (which is how I know about it).

I don't use products containing CBC and feel like I am missing out sometimes. But with the possibility of loosing my job... its not worth the risk.

RE: CBD products

The Farm Bill signed into law in December 2018 somewhat clarifies this—anything labeled as CBD is legal in all 50 states, as long as the thc in it is .03 percent or less. Many CBD products state they are thc free. You shouldn’t be prosecuted for it at all, but some might not be aware of this change in the last Farm Bill.

Re: CBD products

@Lins1631 If it's for sale/ships to your location from a mass retailer I feel pretty certain it would have to be legal. CBD isn't psychoactive so I can't see as how it would trip a drug screen since, to my understanding, those look for THC. I would do your own research to be sure, but it seems like if they were going to prosecute those in possession they'd also be prosecuting those selling, which in this case would include sephora.

If you're still unsure, tea tree oils/products may be a good alternative to try for your skin concerns

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing