Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Broke out, which product caused it?

I am 51 and rarely break out. I recently used Tatcha Silk Canvas primer and Sunday Riley "Good Genes" around the same time and now my face has bumps all over it. Some are regular pimples with white heads, but many are just big red bumps. I'm trying to figure out which one is the "most likely" culprit. I SO want it not to be the Good Genes. lol. Anyone else experienced a problem with either of these?

Re: Broke out, which product caused it?

I broke out really badly with surface acne (thank god it wasn’t cystic) when I used Good Genes with other skincare items, such as Missha’s FTE. I have no experience with the Tatcha primer. @mamajennie

RE: Broke out, which product caused it?

Well the easy way to narrow it down would be to discontinue use of both products immediately and get your skin back to it’s normal presentation. After that, start using only ONE of the products. If that doesn’t break you out for after a week of use, then stop using it. (That’s ruled out). Next, use the other product (make sure you’ve discontinued use of the previous product) and see if that’s the culprit. If you still don’t get any breakouts after a week, then try the two together. It could be that they don’t “play nice” with your skin. Also, since you’re a woman of wisdom and grace- I would probably check with your OBGYN or your derm to make sure you’re hormones are behaving the way they are expected to. After “the change” our skin can do the weirdest stuff. My cousin couldn’t use Dove products any more and that was 5 years after! Or it could just be allergies that pop up later in life. Hope this helps!
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing