cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best Moisturizer For Sensitive and Dry Skin

Hi all,

I have recently tried several different moisturizers and they have all been breaking me out. Some of the most recent ones have been Philosophy's "Renewed Hope in a Jar" and Fresh's "Rose Deep Hydration Face Creme." My face is very dry currently, so I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for super sensitive skin.

Just a side note- I think I am going to get an allergy test at some point to get more insight into what products might work best. 

Thanks in advance,

Lucy 

RE: Best Moisturizer For Sensitive and Dry Skin

Hey, I'm currently using the Belif Aqua Bomb Moisturizer and it works wonders. I have sensitive, combo skin and it reduced my oily spots and got rid of a lot of the dry spots on my cheeks. Obviously I can't really compare because I have a different skin type than you, but I would definitely try it! It also has some really small packages and an Aqua bomb mask (but I haven't tried that myself). But anyway, I totally recommend it!!

Hi, personally I have severe rosacea with terribly sensitive & dry skin. I would have an immediate chemical burn if I used any you listed & most mentioned in responses. Drunk Elephant whipped lotion that is mentioned twice will help calm skin down. It’s more expensive & doesn’t truly hydrate your skin inside of the pores to help create a smooth, glow, hydrated look to me because LANIEGE face cream is an allure award winner, a best seller at Sephora & is made with water. This will change your skin for the better in a significant way!! 💋💋

the Saturday Skin featherweight moisturizer is absolutely amazing. it doesn't break me out at all and is very moisturizing but doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy like other moisturizers do.

Re: Best Moisturizer For Sensitive and Dry Skin

I found the First Aid Beauty coconut skin smoothie priming moisturizer was good for my sensitive skin. It didn't break me out and also wasn't to heavy on the skin. 

Its not at Sephora but the Mario Badascu line is really good for sensitive skin. I have used so many of these products and I've had no problems so far!!!

When I go through dry spells with my skin it gets super dry and patchy and is so sensitive that I can’t apply any other products. I actually use aveeno lotion at night or a light moisturizer with a face oil. I’d also check your face wash and take a break from other products because it could be a product thats increasing your skin’s sensitivity.

I've tried a bunch of great moisturizers from different brands, but when I break out with eczema I immediately get drunk Elephant's lala retro whipped moisturizer. it has nourishing oils. I broke out horribly twice last year from bad products and both times the drunk elephant moisturizer helped me heal back to normal.

I also recommend the CeraVe PM or The Ordinary's Nautral Moisturizing Factors + HA. Both are inexpensive to give a try and lack perfumes, and two that I go back to anytime I notice my skin is inflammed. I've also had very good luck with the Keihl's Ultra Facial Cream (comes in a tub though, which is not something I like, so I use a clean or disposable spoon to transfer a small amount to a new container for daily use). I have combination skin that's very reactive, and the portions that are dry are VERY dry. Hope this helps!

Very similar to me! Thanks so much!

@lahirsch Renewed Hope in a Jar got 2/5 stars on beautypedia.  The review is pretty long, so here are the highlights:

Spoiler

Pros:

• Lightweight cream sinks into skin and leaves it feeling moisturized.
  • Contains AHAs at a pH that means they will work effectively to exfoliate skin.
  • Has antioxidants that can help fight free radical damage.

Cons:

• Packaged in a jar, meaning its light- and air-sensitive ingredients won’t stay stable for long after it’s opened.
  • Contains fragrance, which has the potential to cause irritation.

I couldn't find a review for the fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream, but my guess is that the fragrance is problematic for you.

I highly rec CeraVe PM.  Effective, gentle and rec'd by derms.  🙂 

Thanks so much! I'll have to check out that website! It's great that the Cerave PM is a drugstore product, so it's not too expensive! 

Dr jart tiger grass and ceramidin are both great. Tatcha water cream also is decent. I have sensitive skin that leans towards dry. Sk ii Essence and cream (rna power face ) recently have become one of my favorites. Hope you find one that works for you.

Thanks so much!

@lahirsch Everything about skincare is YMMV, so something that doesn’t break out one person might be terrible for you.

Since you’ve tried quite a few, maybe you can (kinda) pinpoint which ingredients break you out yourself if compare the ingredients of some of the products and see what they have in common.

RE: Re: Best Moisturizer For Sensitive and Dry Skin

That’s very true! Thanks!
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 25 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing