Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Any suggestions to prevent red eyes?

Everytime I wear makeup, my eyes get blood shot and that ruins my makep look. I found that not only eyeliners or eyeshadows but also face powder can irritate my eyes. Are there any products or tips you would recommend to someone who has sensitive eyes? (excluding "not wearing makeup")

I often use abh/morphe eyeshadow pallette, nars/marc jacobs eyeliner pencil, kvd setting powder, and benefit bronzer.

RE: Any suggestions to prevent red eyes?

I had the same problem...closing my eyes wasn’t enough when applying pressed powder foundation, loose powder, setting spray...I actually bought a pair of those tanning goggles to hold over while I put on loose powder and spray. It really did help!

Re: RE: Any suggestions to prevent red eyes?

That's a good idea! lol

I never thought of that. thank you!

Re: Any suggestions to prevent red eyes?

it's presumably particles of your makeup getting into your eyes that irritates them so pardon me if you've already tried this but maybe sticking to cream makeup and setting spray instead of powders would help? I don't know what to tell you about the eyeliner, though -- my eyes react badly to certain brands/colors (not just bloodshot but oozing, it's gross as heck) but I'm lucky that plain black doesn't seem to set me off, and I was able to make some educated guesses about what ingredients I should avoid. I'm assuming we're talking about waterlining -- does liquid liner along your top lashes bug you as well?

Thank you! I'm gonna try using only cream products.

And yes, I just have problem with waterlining.   Liquid liner doesn't bug me unless it touches my waterline. I hate saying this but maybe I should give up on waterlining...

there may be a brand that doesn't bother your eyes even in your waterline, but maybe it would be best to let your eyes calm down a little before experimenting with waterlining again, yeah. there are a couple of brands (MAC, Urban Decay and Sephora are the ones I can think of off the top of my head) that have liners designed specifically to go in the waterline safely, I would try and test them out if you decide you want to keep trying to find a product that works for you! I'm sure that if you went into a Sephora and explained that you needed to make sure you wouldn't have an allergic reaction before buying anything they'd make up samples for you.

I used to want to try urban decay's waterline pencil but now I'm a little scared by the low rating. (Some people mentions it doesn't stay long.)

I'm gonna go to MAC store and test out their product sometime!

Thank you so much:)

RE: Any suggestions to prevent red eyes?

Most likely those products have spf in them, trying getting products without spf

Re: RE: Any suggestions to prevent red eyes?

okay, I'll try to avoid products with spf. Thank you!

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing