cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Allergies

I have just found out that I am allergic to fragrance and 4 other components of most cosmetics (benzoic acid, sorbitan, balsam of Peru, and propolis). I am devastated! I have spent the last several days reading ingredient labels and have had to bag most of my make-up and skin care. Can anyone recommend any products for me?
Anonymous Insider

Re: Allergies

I'm sorry to hear about your allergies.  I'm chemically sensitive and know it can be hard to find products, especially fragrance free ones.  Drunk Elephant has no added fragrance and I have had a lot of success with their line.  I also tolerate some of Josie Moran - part of her line is fragranced but she has an unfragranced face cream that is lovely.  For make-up I use CoverFX for foundation, loose power, pressed power and highlight - all the products I've bought are fragrance free (I always check the label) and it is a very clean line.  Vegan as well as cruely free I believe.  I do not have much experience with Kat Von D so I can only say that her products are vegan and cruelty free so you may want to check her line out and see the ingredients work for you.  I do not recall they have fragrance since it is a line I would consider buying from.  Some of Becca's products are fragrance free - but not all.  Hourglass is another line to consider.    Tarte, Too Faced and Bite Beauty use natural fragrance in their products so if you are allergic to fragrance I would recommend that you avoid since even natural fragance can cause issues - incluing EOs.

I know it can be a pain to read the ingredient list on every product -- I have literally walked around Sephora with my mask on looking at their website for the ingredient list as well as googling.  In my experience most employees are super nice and helpful when you have allergies to certain ingredients and will help you look up info for you.  Also, I really recommend trying samples to see if your skin is ok with the product you are thinking about buying.    

RE: Allergies

I am hoping to try some of the natural makeup that Caroline Barnes uses in one of her Speed Beauty videos- huge fan of hers! Some brands, though, are only in the U.K., but available online. Maybe Sephora will start carrying more natural brands-that's what we need! Link for video: https://youtu.be/jpdaXS1Z41A
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing