Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿคฏ๐ŸœAllergic to Deodorant..it's like Fire ants...help!

In January completely out of left field I developed an allergy to Propylene Glycol, Aluminum and Sodium Bicarbonate - which are  ingredients found in every mainstream Deodorant. I saw a doctor and was told your body can just develop a resistance. FIRE ANTS is how I can describe it. 

After testing a bunch of Naturals Deodorants (Including ones Sephora has) I found one that did NOT contain Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda) and I didnt react too....PERFECT! ....Until now. Months later i'm reacting to IT also. Why does my body hate me?? ๐Ÿ˜ข Anyone out there use a natural deodorant you can suggest? Girl is desperate not to itch like a %%$%%

Re: ๐Ÿคฏ๐ŸœAllergic to Deodorant..it's like Fire ants...help!

*Update* 

I ordered, received and have now tried BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Bamboo Deodorant

OMG...I'm in love!! ๐Ÿ˜โคโค No itching...it goes on almost clear...which natural Deodorants NEVER DO and it smells so fresh and citrusy. 

@GG84

Thanks for the update! I get a reaction with baking soda as well but the one I'm using by Origins has been okay (it's completely clear, no stains or marks). I've been looking for another one to see if it lasts longer on me so I may give this one a try!

I've moved onto deodorants with more natural ingredients also. Personally, I love the Aesop Roll-On Deodorant in Sage. The herbal scent may be a bit strong initially, but I don't mind. 

@risa0225

Thanks! I checked out the ingredients and they all seem good. I'm okay with a strong scent, that's why perfume exists. It's mighty expensive but I think i'm going to try all three that were suggested. Thanks also @Aaliaa

I think I found one, I read the ingredient deck of all yhe ones Sephora has and BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Bamboo Deodorant

Seems to fit the bill

Alum Stone. My mum swears by it and its been used for decades in South Asia. I've used it too and you can buy a bag full for under $10 at a south asian grocery store. I don't know if its without all the ingredients you stated so please double check. I know there are 'natural' brands that use this too as their main ingredient. Hope this helps @GG84

@Aaliaa

Very interesting. The Aluminum in this appears to be potassium based so it may be okay. Theres tons of them on well dotca but you think I should just pop into one of the local shops? 

@GG84  Sometimes pharmacies carry bars of alum for medical purposes.  They're also used for helping to stop razor burn or bleeding after shaving.

So the version I've used was quite literally a piece of Alum Rock. The Biossance sounds interesting, let me know if it works out @GG84

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing