Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Acne scars!

i have a dry and sensitive skin. But i have real bad acne scars on my face. any recommendations of products to reduce scars?

RE: Acne scars!

Anything with a high concentration of Vitamin C such as Sunday Riley C.E.O. Glow oil. In the description sometimes it will say “concerns:dark spots” but anything that will boost radiance helps too.

Re: Acne scars!

Disclaimer: skincare is super personal and what works for me may not work for you. Without knowing anything about your current skincare routine, I'm going to assume you're not using products that are causing the sensitivity and dryness.

1. Use sunscreen all the time. Even if you're just sitting indoors. I primarily use physical sunscreens because certain chemical sunscreens break me out.
  2. Try a gentle chemical exfoliation serum at night (AHA and/or BHA) to encourage surface skin turnover. I recently got a sample of Tata Harper resurfacing serum and really liked it. Vitamin C works for a lot of people, but not so much for me. Start off every other day.
  3. Try using a facial oil after your serum. I like Drunk Elephant's Marula Oil. I also like 100% Argan Oil. These two oils and FAB Ultra Repair Cream is what I default to when my face freaks out due sensitivity and dryness.
  4. Keep your skin hydrated to help it heal.

Important: if you have a Sephora near you, go there and ask for samples. Tell them you have sensitivity issues and need to test before you buy. They 100% of the time would rather do that than have you spend $90 on a product only to return it two weeks later because your skin freaked out.

RE: Acne scars!

I’m sure the thought of trying any product that contains retinol or Retin-A is dreadful when you have dry and acne prone skin, but there is a product by Shani Darden called Resurface- Retinol Reform, which is a total game changer and makes using a retinol based product a surprisingly pleasant experience. I used this to get rid of past scarring from teenage hormonal acne (and to prevent wrinkles), and for scarring and balancing skin tone, it did miracles. It’s super gentle, it didn’t make me dry out. Also bio oil can help too, I put it on immediately after I’ve gotten a surface scratch, but sometimes on the face you run the risk of breaking out.

You could also try Bio-Oil. I have a scar on my chin where I had moles removed and managed to pull my stitches, but it is barely noticeable now compared to the ugly raised purple that it once was. I also was left with a lot of chicken pox scars and you can't really see those now either. It does transfer onto clothing though (but washes out without a trace) so it is more of a night time treatment. 

@santiasw I also have very sensitive skin with acne scars and i used SK-II Anti-Aging Facial Treatment Essence 5.4 oz/ 160 mLit is super expensive but i had a really bad break out on my chin and up my jaw line and i tried it on a whim and i have nothing left. I believe it helps with skin cell turn over and i have no more scars left. It is now my HG product i can't live without it. A small bottle last me forever too!!

thank you so much @ather...will definitely try it...how long did it take to see results?

@santiasw This is why my face looked like before This is one from where it was really bad.This is one from where it was really bad.

This was as it was getting betterThis was as it was getting better

This is todayThis is today

This is todayThis is today

@santiasw I feel like it worked in like a month or two. It didn’t take long. 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos4
  • This is one from where it was really bad.
  • This was as it was getting better
  • This is today
  • This is today
testing