cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Acne and Sensitive Skin

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me. I’ve got oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin. I really want to get rid of the acne and the oily feeling, so I’ve been looking into exfoliating facial cleansers, but I’m worried it’ll be too much for my skin. Any suggestions?
Anonymous Insider

Re: Acne and Sensitive Skin

I'm a pale redhead and I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin so I feel you pain. When I stopped using harsh "acne" products with things like syscalic acid and benzoyl peroxide is when my skin started clearing up. I've wasted too much money on expensive acne treatments and have found fragrance free/reduced, natural ingredients work best. Heres what I use: 
remove makeup with Simple - hydrating cleansing oil (I thought this would make my oily skin worse and it does the opposite) 

wash twice a day with Vishy - normaderm deep cleansing purifying gel (so amazing doesn't dry out my skin) 

nightime moisturizer with Simple - replenishing rich moisturizer 

daytime moisturizer with Neutrogena - hydro boost gel cream 

*ocasionally use Yes to Tomatoes combination skin mud mask and Saje zap toner 

*side note I use the body shop tea tree oil body wash for back acne. 

Sorry it's a lot of info but it's taken me so long to find something that works for me, if I could help anyone avoid going through what I went through then I would be happy. 

I seriously tried everything, Clinique, Peter Thomas Roth, Olenhenricksen, First Aid Beauty, Boscia, Kate Somerville every drugstore brand... and more. I hope you find what works for you! ❤️

Acne and Sensitive Skin

hi I know exactly how you feel. I have ezcema and very oily skin. I found first aid beauty is the best to use and I have tried just about everything. right because of summer my skin is even more oily so I've been using the first aid beauty acne line and had had no issues. the exfoliating though is an issue. what I do is just have a wet face cloth and drape it over my face for a few minutes, rinse and gently fold over ezcema, dry flaky skin slowly and lightly in circular motions and then use first aid beauty ultra repair cream. I now have very little dry flaky skin and eczema is almost no existent. Be very careful with anything too harsh, it can make things worse. hope this helps and best of luck!! 🙂

@Anonymous You may also want to check out this thread for lots of great pointers:

https://community.sephora.com/sephora/board/message?board.id=skincare-aware&message.id=60112#M60112 

@Anonymous This sound counter intuitive, but have you considered trying a facial oil for you skin? It will balance your own oil production and the fatty acids in the oils will soothe your sensitive skin. Oftentimes, you skin products oil, and then acne, because it’s damaged and it’s trying to repair itself. You are right to think over-exfoliation can be damaging, but you don’t want to avoid it completely. Two products I think would be really helpful for you are Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil and Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder. What are you currently cleansing your skin with? 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Acne and Sensitive Skin

I’m actually currently using drug store stuff, the brand is “Simple” and it’s foaming facial cleanser. Thanks for the recommendations! I’ll definitely give them a try.

Re: RE: Re: Acne and Sensitive Skin

@Anonymous How does your skin feel after you use it, before using moisturizer? Do you feel any dryness?

Hi @Anonymous,

You may want to try First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser or Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser. Both cleansers work well for sensitive skin. Exfoliating is great for your skin, however, you should exfoliate twice a week especially if you have sensitive skin. I hope that this helps. 

Best,

Zakiya

https://www.sephora.com/product/clear-complexion-cleanser-P199612?icid2=:p199612:product

https://www.sephora.com/product/face-cleanser-P248404?skuId=1217710&icid2=first_aid_beauty_lp_bestsellers_carousel_us:p248404

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Acne and Sensitive Skin

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely look into those.
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing