Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

brush cleaner

help - I need help finding an amazing brush cleaner but for cheap! usually I just use dawn dish soap but I wanted to try an actual brush cleaner because the dawn dish soap can cause my brushes to get hard and stick together!

Re: brush cleaner

@MadisonKovach I use Johnson's Baby Shampoo to clean my brushes. A big bottle cost less than $10. I wash my brushes every week and a bottle lasts me about a year. It's gently and really effective at cleaning makeup out of my brushes. 

RE: brush cleaner

I actually use makeup wipes to clean my makeup brushes... it’s quick and easy for me! I get lazy when it comes to cleaning my brushes....

@MadisonKovach @Not a Sephora recommendation but I use the African Black Soap bar from Shea Moisture. It’s under 4$ at Walmart. I saw tarababyz mention it on her YouTube channel and figured at that price why not give it a shot. It’s worked out great for me. I’m on my third bar. 

RE: Re: brush cleaner

@missjeanie thank you!! I will definitely try

@MadisonKovachI love the Beautyblender blendercleanser® solid Lavender

Beautyblender blendercleanser® solid Lavender and Beautyblender blendercleanser® solid pro

I usually wait until sales to stock up on these because they can be a bit pricey; however, they do last me quite some time and generally, they clean my brushes pretty well without requiring use of a lot of soap!

I do also like to use the SEPHORA COLLECTION - The Cleanse: Daily Brush Cleaner

for a quick clean daily. All you have to do is spray and wipe with a paper towel! It usually rides me over until I can do a full brush wash!

RE: Re: brush cleaner

@myxducky ,thank you for the awesome recommendation. I will definitely be trying this out!!

@MadisonKovach I totally agree with @myxducky on the solid cleanser--it's absolutely 100% worth every penny.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing