Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

am I the only one not receiving the three free samples from online order?

Hi, I am new here, I am curious...am i the only one not receiving the three free samples with online order? when I received my package, I have to call customer service, the rep stated that the free gifts are not guaranteed and even the supervisor stated there is no guarantee you will get them in the future order as well. what kind of response is that? then why would they offer it when you are placing the order? I suggest they remove it when it's out of stock and not give us false hope. I mean it's no big deal but it seem like 3 out of the 3 orders in the last month I placed were not in there. instead of the 3 samples i selected, they gave me a couple pieces of postcard with the pull out sticker of sample perfume. it's so wrong and especially the way the supervisor had handle it too, by stating "it's no guarantee, and read the fine print and also no guarantee in the future because they have so much orders that the sample runs out of stock."

Re: am I the only one not receiving the three free samples from online order?

I got 4 identical sample in one of my recent orders, and they are not my choice of samples. An extra sample will not make up this situation... 

Lately if I don't complete my order immediately after adding the samples, they disappear from my basket.

Same here, I had to talk to customer service as well, it...

Same here, I had to talk to customer service as well, it is very annoy and unprofessional ! Wonder if we all leave messages in Social Media would help to stop that !

Lately my samples have been getting underneath the cardboard flaps inside, its never happened before, but my last 2 orders, the foils were stuck right at the very edge. seems kind of strange both orders the samples end up there.

Nope, and it's why I haven't purchased anything from Sephora for months. There are so many more reliable retailers out there I just got to a point where I couldn't be bothered. I won't even make VIB this year.

RE: am I the only one not receiving the three free samples from online order?

I'm getting short changed on samples too.

I received an order yesterday with two samples I had not requested and that were of no use to me. Honestly if theyre going to have to substitute a sample it shows absolutely no common sense to send foundation, it was useless to me and I would imagine would be the same in the majority of cases. Also, some sort of gel for curly hair - again useless to me. I place my orders when there are good samples on offer and look forward to these things. It sucks when I see them still showing as available even after my order has been shipped - so it would appear they have not gone out of stock - yet when my order arrives I get random cr@p that just gets thrown away. I am sure many of us go on to purchase items after receiving the sample we want and liking it so when we dont get our samples Sephora are losing business as well as upsetting customers. This is something they really need to get a handle on. I did write to customer service yesterday but no one replied. 😕

Here's what often is the problem with the samples and the deluxe promo codes. 

1) An Item is out of stock that you chose or even a deluxe sample or points reward you have added to your card. The out of stock can happen in an instant and the last ones go to the order in which they were received by Sephora. This happens all the time with high demand products people want to test out. I have added things to my card only to receive an email a day or two later that it wasn't in stock anymore. I wouldn't mind this if they would include another sample that was in stock. 

2) A lot of times when I pick 3 samples online, I get none of the ones I picked. My last few packages actually were on point with the samples so maybe they are trying to improve that. 

3) Another thing to note is that you can ask for samples at the checkout counter. They will toss a few random ones in the bag for you. Usually you have to ask if you do this at checkout but some cashiers just add them for you. You can also ask for 3 samples of almost everything that can safely put in their sample pots throughout the entire store from serums to foundations so don't be afraid to ask. 

My last order only had 2 samples when I selected 3...

sometimes i also recieve 2 samples from each order especially if the orders came in 1 box.

I'm pretty frustrated with their sample program. Every time I select perfume samples I really want to try they never send them. I have looked after I order and the samples remain online for hours or days after I selected the samples and I never get them. Some of these perfumes are only available online so there is no way to try them. I honestly do not think they are sold out as far as samples- I think no one in the warehouse cares at all and they randomly throw stuff in our orders. A in store manager told me my assumptions are in fact correct as he did tour a warehouse and it's very disorganized.

Re: RE: am I the only one not receiving the three free samples from online order?

I think that whether or not the samples are available depends on which warehouse your order ships out from.

But I feel you.  I always select the non-fragrance samples, since even walking by the fragrance wall/aisle of the store will give me a headache (I'm super sensitive to fragrances).  I even called to have a note put on my account that I'd rather not receive any samples than receive fragrances.  And yet I seem to always receive fragrance samples.

Nordstrom has an option to not receive scented mailers since I'm not the only one with this issue.  Sephora should take this into account as well!

Re: RE: am I the only one not receiving the three free samples from online order?

yes, that has happened to me several times, and it's not pleasant because the other orders are for friends and co-workers who expect their 3-samples and so do i ...

so then we have to wait a week or so to order two separate times to ensure everyone gets their 3-samples, and then by the time of the 2nd order most/all of the samples have changed...seriously? is that good customer service, good business, good management, good reputation, false advertising, unprofessional, like cheating and stealing ... hmm, i wonder ??

happend to me ALL THE TIME!

happend to me ALL THE TIME!

Yes! Just had it happen to me, too! I wish they'd remove what is out of stock, too. Or at least give a comparable substitute. I just ordered again...fingers crossed! I really want to try the perfume!

this has also happened to me several times to the point i would get very dissappointed , especially when they kept sending me Tocca Samples instead of the 3 different ones i chose; i like Tocca, but i have enough Tocca, and same with Chloe samples...lol...i could open a Chloe & Tocca boutique 🙂

....???what to do??

I've had it happen more often than not, even receiving the correct samples in a replacement order for an originally incorrectly delivered package. However social media customer service has always been on top of following up to issues and at least giving extra points for missing samples. Definitely doesn't resolve the issue and can be disappointing when samples you really wanted to try aren't there (especially since getting to the actual store around me is a nightmare) but Twitter's customer service has been pretty polite and apologetic every time.

yes, this is true, forgot to mention that they won't send you what you asked for even if you call them, but they will add-on bonus points so that's trying a bit, i guess.

..."especially since getting to the actual store around me is a nightmare"

lol, we must live near the same area, i prefer doing my shopping online 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Yes...several times Ive purchased online and haven't gotten any samples. It's too bad, they should fix it. I was frustrated at first but I just don't bother with it anymore. It even shows that we were sent the sample even tho we weren't.

Yup.. I have gotten different samples than selected - which it is ok since it is stated that if those samples are out of stock they will send others AND also got no samples at all, but didn't bother calling customer service about. ALSO it has happened that I have added VIB codes for deluxe samples ($35+ orders) and have not received those either =/

21 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing