Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Your hands down go to mascara?

I’ve tried top rated mascaras todrugstore and still have no golden egg! Seeking: $25 and under, curl, waterproof but not a deal breaker. Not loyal to any specific brand.  (flopped with better than sex so please don’t mention 😉 ).   XX

Tags:

Re: Your hands down go to mascara?

Thanks @kbmatthews! Trish McEvoy is another good one — also curling. I haven't checked, but I have a sneaking suspicion they are made by the same manufacturer.

RE: Your hands down go to mascara?

Maybelinne! Cheap and works but can clump esp if you dont comb it out with a clean brush. Better than sex is a good day to day for length and a natural lash look!

For waterproof I like Tarte Lights, Camera Splashes! FOr non waterproof I like Lancome Monsiuer Big. Apply it 5 thin layers and it's like yu're wearing falsies!!!

I'm also going to suggest MAC False Lashes mascara. I usually buy their mini $10 version. 

Mac: FALSE LASHES EXTREME BLACK MASCARA

Definitely It Cosmetics Superhero mascara. It's the best...

Definitely It Cosmetics Superhero mascara. It's the best mascara for me.

Re: Definitely It Cosmetics Superhero mascara. It's the best...

I agree. I have two sample size products and LOVE the long bristled wand and wetter formula. It gives my lashes so much length and lasts all day! 

After what feels like hundreds of different mascaras there is nothing better than Dior Show Curl for me

Rollerlash by Benefit is my go to. I love how the wand swoops my eyelashes up and out, and they last all day. It’s a staple item for sure!

I love Loreal Lash Paradise too. After I curl my stubborn...

I love Loreal Lash Paradise too. After I curl my stubbornly straight lashes and apply the mascara, they stay curled and look long and beautiful. They stay curled all day and not clumpy either.

Maybelline pink and green tube. I always end up going bac...

Maybelline pink and green tube. I always end up going back to it. Benefit They're Real is my runner up. It would be number 1 but maybelline is so much cheaper.

@Kaylay05 Benefit They're Real! Is the BEST mascara on th...

@kaylay05 Benefit They're Real! Is the BEST mascara on the block

L'Oreal Lash Paradise. 

Another vote for Lash Paradise.  I havent used Lancome Monsieur Big yet but i think it's around $25 or so

I opened a sample of Monsieur and it isn't bad at all. 

Lancome Monsieur Big:

I got both the travel size and regular size, the product is really really thick not for my liking. It weighs down lashes. The brush is chunkier on the travel size. I am glad I didn’t pay for it, freebie, or it would’ve been returned. You might want to use a naked spare lash wand when applying the mascara to get access off. Best of trial though! 

I actually really liked Monsieur Big but I also really enjoy Lancome Hypnose Drama; it adds a lot of curl to my lashes and the formula is really black!  I must be in the minority opinion, though, because I REALLY didn't like Lash Paradise.  It just didn't really do anything for my lashes and the formula is incredibly dry (which I normally like, but not in this case) to the point that I literally got a little less than a month's use out of the tube before it became so dried up and clumpy that I had to toss it.

37 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing