Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Your hands down go to mascara?

I’ve tried top rated mascaras todrugstore and still have no golden egg! Seeking: $25 and under, curl, waterproof but not a deal breaker. Not loyal to any specific brand.  (flopped with better than sex so please don’t mention 😉 ).   XX

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: Your hands down go to mascara?

I want and need the same thing, but i want it to both lengthen and thicken my lashes without clumping.

@kaylay05 wrote:

I’ve tried top rated mascaras todrugstore and still have no golden egg! Seeking: $25 and under, curl, waterproof but not a deal breaker. Not loyal to any specific brand.  (flopped with better than sex so please don’t mention 😉 ).   XX

@kaylay05 wrote:

My usual go-to is the BTS, but since you didn’t have luck with that one, I’ll suggest what’s quickly becoming a new favourite: the MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml. I LOVE the brush shape, and it feels really light on, but it does give nice length and volume without getting clumpy. Also I see you mentioned the desire for waterproof: if you tried the Better than Sex waterproof, that may be the issue. I love the original, but the waterproof version was such a horrific mess on me, I couldn’t believe they were even trying to pass it off as a waterproof version of the original. They’re SO different

Hi @kaylay05,

I am loving the Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL. It has become my go-to mascaras. It is extremely volumizing and lengthening. Hope this helps! 

Best,
Rebecca 

I like Benefit Rollerlash. I have straight eyelashes and it's the only thing that keeps my curl all day. I also like Lights Camera Lashes from Tarte, but it's a little liquidy for me. Rollerlash also stays on me and doesn't smudge or flake through my dance cardio classes I teach! 

I love Benefit They're Real. Its my favorite, makes my lashes look long and full, but never clumpy or too fake looking.

A few dollars above 25 but I love Diorshow.

Anonymous Insider

Lancôme Hypnose Drama Waterproof or Fairydrops Scandaleyes Waterproof mascara.

Anonymous Insider

love the Fairydrops mascara; wish they were easier to get a hold of, @Anonymous

@kaylay05 - I have short, straight Asian lashes. Western brands just don't work for me. Have had much more success w/ Japanese drugstore brands. Kiss Me Heroine, Dejavu Fiberwig, and Majorlica Majorca all worked great.

Another vote for Japanese mascara - Heroine Make Long and Curl Super Water Proof!  This stuff makes the tips of my upper lashes reach my eyebrows, people ask if I'm wearing falsies.  I will never buy another western mascara again!

@lilzoe *looking for it on Amazon and adding to my cart ASAP* I've heard so many great things about Japanese mascaras....

<333

I love Stila Mile High Waterproof mascara.  It is by far the best mascara I’ve used.

Too Faced better than sex mascara is my go to!

kaylay05 wrote:

Most accessible and more re-purchased: L'oreal Voluminous. I've tried every version of this and always come back to the original.

The BEST mascara I've ever tried: Diorshow Iconic Overcurl mascara. So good!   

RE: Re: Your hands down go to mascara?

I second that. Diorshow Overcurl is the bomb

YSL Babydoll and also Lancome Monsiour Big i think its called 😉

RE: Your hands down go to mascara?

Ysl the shock. Gives me so much volume!!!

Benefit's They're Real mascara is perfection. I constantl...

Benefit's They're Real mascara is perfection. I constantly get compliments on my lashes and people ask me if I have falsies on. This mascara isn't waterproof (which I would normally want) but it doesn't seem to make a difference here.

RE: Your hands down go to mascara?

L’Oréal Lash Paradise is my absolute go-to for drugstore. I love dry formulas.

My go-to is Kevyn Aucoins' Curling Mascara. I used to love Blinc's version, but @jozkid recommended this to me a long while ago, and it's definitely a step up. It's not perfect, but definitely still great. It's a tubing mascara, so it's pretty close to smudge and flake proof. Pretty water resistant in the sense that it doesn't run (but the tubes will come off altogether if you get them wet and then rub your eyes). Decent amount of volume and curl. 

37 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing