Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Wrong samples

I received the wrong samples and they are not remotely anything I would be interested in. I would rather not get samples than get something that I'll just toss--its wasteful. Why give options if you are not going to honor it? The samples I selected are still on the website as options, so I am having a hard time believing they ran out. Sephora needs to up their customer service. There are plenty of competitors, I may chose one of them in the future.

Anonymous Insider

Wrong samples

this happened to me today! I wanted skin care samples in my box filled with skin care items and I got hair care and poor quality makeup samples.

RE: Wrong samples

When I received my package on Monday I didn't receive any samples at all. I was very upset because samples are what makes the customers try new products they may want...

I thought it was just happening to me. I have been getting same samples which I didn’t even select . I don’t know why they are not looking into it.

Always. Rarely do I get the samples I ordered. Usually it is perfume that I cannot wear. With this shipment it is all samples of body creams. None of which I ordered.
Anonymous Insider

same here, i have never received the actual sample that i...

same here, i have never received the actual sample that i have chosen

This happen to me as well, they sent me the wrong sample. What is the point of using the app and choosing what you want for samples, if your going to get something you don’t need to try. It’s useless, and frankly if the samples are free and available than send what the customers ask to try, for better feedback.

Definitely the same thing over here! I was so excited to get a specific sample and it wasn’t in my delivery! ☹️

Same!! I’m either getting no samples, or items I would never have picked to begin with. I also just received a wrong promo item. Apparently the Amika blowout spray has turned into the Amika dry shampoo for the current beauty offer.

I think sephora no longer prints our sample selections to the packing slips. That means people at the warehouse just grabs whatever they want to put in our package. What a disappointment.

Agree. The packing slip that came with my recent order did not list the samples I requested. Only listed the products I ordered.

Re: Wrong samples

Same happens to me...everytime I order!

That happens so often to me! It's always so disappointing! I have a big bin of samples I keep for -- dude, I don't know why I keep them. Hahaha

Same, I just gave them away to my friends

I've been having the same problem. I received two orders last week with not one sample in either - and I did select them at check out.  In the past few months when I did receive the samples they weren't what I chose. They really need to fix this because WE WANT OUR SAMPLES!!  We're paying top dollar and they offer the samples as a small incentive. I hope they fix this and soon!!!

So glad you posted this!  I just opened an order tonight and once again, only 2 samples included in the box.  This is the 4th time this has happened within the past 60 days.  Not only do I not receive any of the samples that I request, but I don't even receive 3 free samples.  I have also received orders where they put 2 of the same sample in the box and then they add another sample.  I've had this happen 3x.  I have been wondering what is going on. 

I sympathize I do, I'm not a fan of hair products so when I get them, it's like meh. But there's no where on the site that says-you will get 100% all of your Free samples. I mean 1) they are free 2) if they've run out of a specific sample you want, they just replace it with something else, so at least you still get the promised three 3) sometimes they push a product or brand because that company gave it to sephora to promote, so they gotta and 4) if you've ever shopped in store, unless you say "I would like a sample of.." they will literally grab and throw some miscellaneous Free samples into your bag.

I ordered three times from Sephora and did not receive the correct samples ordered even once. So annoying. It is understandable not to fulfill the correct sample occasionally but it seems they never send what you order correctly.

really Sephora get your order process fixed!

The same happened to me on my last purchase! I emailed cu...

The same happened to me on my last purchase! I emailed customer service and within 24 hours they responded and added 100 points to my beauty insider.

they gave me 75 for the same incident. it sucks though be...

they gave me 75 for the same incident. it sucks though because I would have rather tried the samples

@pryancey Posting this in the customer service group will ensure the mods see it.

Conversation Stats
testing