Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Wrong samples

I was so disappointed in my order I received today. I had picked out three samples that really looked great. When I opened my package none of my pre selected samples were in there! Instead I received a face powder that was a skin tone color on the opposite spectrum of my own. A perfume I didn't select and another sample I couldn't even tell what it was. I was very disappointed because typically when I like the sample Ill purchase it afterwards. I've done this with quite a few samples and have spent a good amount of money at Sephora. What is the point of selecting samples when you don't receive the correct ones? This is the first time I've been truly dissatisfied with this store. Not a happy customer.

Re: Wrong samples

After tonight's order a survey popped up.  While it was mostly about the website experience, it had a place for thoughts about Sephora in general so I mentioned the sample issue.   Maybe if they keep hearing about it something will get fixed.

RE: Wrong samples

Same happened to me with my two previous orders selected three samples and only got one that I didn't even request. 🤷🏼‍♀️

RE: Wrong samples

Yeah... I know... in all of my last orders I didn't receive not even one of the samples I selected. Definitely it is one less purchase if I don't try it. Or a purchase and a return. And I'm allergic so I can't really use anything and besides that I use only cruelty free brands so I choose the samples carefully for nothing 😕

I had the same thing happen. I emailed customer service a...

I had the same thing happen. I emailed customer service and they applied some beauty points to my account. While I'm disappointed with the samples that were sent, I am satisfied with their resolution. Their customer service is pretty amazing.

Agreed - sample accuracy has been terrible lately.  And sometimes they are missing altogether!  Not sure whats going on.

I can totally relate and it seems to be happening more and more.  I just received a series of orders today and decided to really look at the sample situation - mind you all of the samples I selected are showing on the site as viable options still - 

Order 1 - none of the 3 samples selected were included and no substitutes

Order 2 - none of the 3 samples selected were included and no substitutes

Order 3 - none of the 3 samples selected were included - 3 perfumes were included instead (I don't wear perfume so this is a waste)

Order 4 - none of the 3 samples selected were included - all were substitutes - one was a sample I had wanted from order 1 so that kind of works out

Order 5 - none of the 3 samples selected were included - all were substituted - one was a sample I had wanted from order 2 so that kind of works out.... so out of 15 possible samples technically all were either missing or wrong for those orders but since 2 out of 15 total were at least ones i was interested in that gives them a 13% success .....really sad stats Sephora .....

This looks very much like my sample success lately. It's pathetic. If you shop Nordstrom's you'll notice that you get EVERY sample you choose EVERY time. I have never had missing or substituted samples. If Nordstrom can do it, why can't Sephora? I think they just do not care. In which case, why offer options? Ulta just has you pick a category - skincare, makeup, fragrance - and you at least always get samples accordingly. Sephora lately just skips them entirely. And if I do get any, they are just random. I got tired of wasting time selecting samples I never get. If I can get it at Nordstrom's or Ulta I shop there now. Samples are an important draw for many of us, and Sephora is just not up to par with other retailers.

My last order contained 3 of the exact same samples, a face cream I will never use. I too have started to order all of my beauty from Nordstrom and Ulta. No long trust Sephora. 

At least you got samples.....I got my package today and none of the samples I selected was included nor substitutes!  Makes me so mad!

Hi @michelle62889,

I am so sorry that you did not receive the samples that you selected at check out. I know this can be disappointing and thank you for reaching out. I will send you a private message in regards to this. Thanks! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

They say on the samples selection page that they will make substitutions if they run out, and sample choice isn't guaranteed

RE: Re: Wrong samples

I've noticed that oftentimes i don't receive the samples I've ordered. However getting@no@samples@seems ridiculous. On an aside has anyone else here received either broken/pre-used-partially empty products? Usually I keep them because my closest Sephora is pretty far away. I'm interested to know where returns go AFTER they've been returned. My spendy Glamglow set arrived. Two of the smaller sizes were used and the Supermud was dry and completely worthless. Thoughts anyone?
12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing