Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

What shampoo is best for super greasy roots?/what do you use?

I've been having crazy oily roots lately and I just can't find a solution for it. I was washing my hair just once a week, but I've had to start washing my hair every other day (because it's actually that gross). I've been having to dry shampoo second day hair and my hair is still super greasy! Please help meee!!! (PS, I change my bed sheets pillow cases weekly so it can't be that)

RE: What shampoo is best for super greasy roots?/what do you use?

I have the same issue, oily roots but dry ends. I've tried so many shampoo's. Kiehls tea tree oil shampoo is amazing at clarifying the scalp, the only problem with that one is, if you have color treated hair it strips your color. I've just tried the Davines Minu shampoo and I've used it 4 times already, every time, I get that clean hair, no residue or oil feeling. My roots feel light and I condition my ends, it lasts a couple days. I do shampoo twice and it comes really clean. It is for color treated hair. Good luck!

Re: What shampoo is best for super greasy roots?/what do you use?

Like others have said, the Christophe Robin sea salt scrub is phenomenal at giving your hair and scalp a good deep clean. Yeah it is kind of pricey but you only need the tiniest amount. I find the smallest pot of it lasts me a long time, with weekly use probably 4 months. It looks and initially feels, like there is no way this stuff is going to cover my hair and foam up but it is really quite magical, and it will!!

Christophe Robin has a purifying salt scrub (I think the same thing @misskeo is talking about, too) that makes my roots look and feel so clean. I only use it once a month, but I find it really keeps the base/root of my hair looking "ungreasy" for days. It's wicked expensive, so I would either try a sample or get the small trial size ($19, I think) before committing. I wash my hair twice a week at most (more like every 10 days) and have found it helps get rid of the grease build up that happens with using non-sulfate shampoos don't currently have dyed hair, so I can't speak to how it behaves with color, but I would be cautious if you have dyed hair.

One other thing to consider is did anything about your diet, routine, or living situation (new apt with different water hardness) change since you noticed your hair being greasier? That might be the underlying cause, which may be easier to deal with?

I totally second @snoflakefaerie on the Christopher Robin salt scrub. I got a sample in one of my Play! boxes, and that stuff is awesome! I have problems with oily hair as well (still searching for that one dry shampoo that will work a little longer than 30 minutes, and give me volume. Everything I've tried just doesn't cut it which stinks). Good luck!

Oh and I really like the Kendra purifying shampoo. I do not have dyed hair BTW. They don't sell that brand here on Sephora, but they do at Ulta and Beauty Brands.

try a dandruff shampoo a couple times a week... oil build up can be caused my dry scalp. if you dont have dry scalp try it anyway it makes my hair feel super clean and i have super greasy hair. i have found that i cant use drug store shampoos for whatever reason the cause immense build up.

i have oily scalp too. Have u tried Pantene clear shampoo? and usually after that Im just spray acv toner on my hair. it works wonders.

I use Christophe Robins sea salt shampoo. It's a little on the pricier side but I've had oily hair forever (genetics). I've never been a fan of dry shampoo, makes me feel dirty, and I literally wash my hair every day if not twice when I go to the gym.
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing