Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers

What's hard to find in your Country?

I frequently travel into the States from Canada and have another trip coming up.  I was wondering what brands or products do you find are hard to get in your country but more readily available in the other? 

eg - Drunk Elephant Babyfacial isn't available in Canada but can be found at Sephora USA.

Are there products/ you love to look for when in Canada or the States?

cropped-canada-usa.jpg

Re: What's hard to find in your Country?

@missjeanie if you’re interested in the Herbivore Emerald Hemp Seed Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

i don’t think we can get it in Canada, same goes for the Origins Hello Calm™ Relaxing & Hydrating Face Mask with Hemp Seed Oil 2.5 oz/ 75 mLI’ve heard rave reviews about the Origins, and was lucky enough to receive the Emerald Oil as gratis and it’s SO good, I easily would cross the border to pick up another bottle when I run out! As for other items, I know every time I cross the border into the US, my friends always ask me to bring over ketchup chips 😂 and when I come back to Canada, my mom asks me to bring unfrosted poptarts back because we don’t have them here!

@cianniYes, this is the kind of thing I was wondering about!  What should we look for when we go to the states and vice versa.  I'm not a huge oil user, but that Origins mask sounds nice!  Un-frosted pop tarts eh?  Hmmm.... I'll have to keep an eye out for those!  I did see pop tart bites in the States. not long ago and haven't seen them here yet, but now I'm craving a pop-tart lol!

@cianni Oh, interesting. I wonder if there's some sort of regulation regarding selling cannabis products across the border? 

@missjeanie Speaking of food products, you'll find lots of different things in different regions. Here in Texas, we have a lot of snacks and candies from across our other border, Mexico. And our grocery stores sell crackers, tortilla chips, chocolates, cheese, cake pans, waffle makers, etc. all shaped like the state. I had culture shock when I moved here in 2006!

@txcatx yeah! I don’t know how it works with regulation because we have some products available in Canada, like the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Oat & Hemp Seed Dry Oil 1 oz/ 30 mLand the Peter Thomas Roth Green Releaf Calming Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

but not other things 🤷🏽‍♀️

hahaha!  Every waffle should be in the shape of Texas @txcatx ! lol Mexican snacks sound pretty good to me!  Do you have a favourite?

@missjeanie Nah, I'm a wimp and can't handle the level of spice in a lot of those snacks and candies, ha. I do like the watermelon chili candies, though. And I love drinking the water from Mexico--in the form of Topo Chico, which I think is now sold at a lot more places ever since Coca-Cola acquired the brand a couple years ago.

Oh, here's a waffle. I took this picture at a hotel during a long weekend beach getaway. The pats of butter were strategically placed where I live and where I was visiting. 

04F052AE-E0F1-4A4D-A952-F1850896462E.jpeg

@txcatx How cute is that!

Best,

Rebecca

@txcatx  That is so cute 🙂 strategic butter!

@txcatx  I LOVE it!!  The butter pat land markers might be the best part!  Okay, I must be on BIC... cause now I'm craving food again! mmmmm

@missjeanie now that i think about it, I think I’d also pick up a bunch of Colourpop while over the border just to avoid having to place a $50 min order for international free shipping

I never really delved into Color Pop... maybe because of that shipping charge! @cianni lol

@missjeanie The only thing I can think of is Coffee Crisp! I'm not sure about beauty products since I've only been to Canada a handful of times and never to a Sephora or other beauty shop.

Lol... Coffee Crisp are good!  I have a friend in the States who loves getting care packs for his birthday, Stuffed with Canadian chocolate and chips! lol. Hey I'm open to all suggestions, just curious what it is that Americans wish they could get easier that we have ready access to and vice versa.

Can Americans find Bioderma products easily @txcatx ?  We have them in drug stores here.

@missjeanie The only place I can think of off the top of my head that sells Bioderma is the Beautylish website, so I guess not! I don't recall seeing the brand in drugstores, though admittedly, I mostly get my beauty products from Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, and the grocery store and am not familiar with the products carried at traditional drugstores.

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 65 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos2
  • cropped-canada-usa.jpg
  • 04F052AE-E0F1-4A4D-A952-F1850896462E.jpeg
testing