Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

What item have you been debating about buying the longest, but still can't pull the trigger?

In honor of finally pulling the trigger on the Bite Lush Lip Tint in Lychee AND Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Powder last night after literal year(s) of waffling... I mean really, wtf. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Post your product and maybe even why you're hesitant and let the fine BTers offer a gentle (or not so gentle, as it were) nudge one way or the other! ๐Ÿ˜‰

RE: What item have you been debating about buying the longest, but still can't pull the trigger?

The Newish Sephora Pro Editorial Palette. It went so quick from my local stores, that I didn't get to see It in person. I'm not a fan of ordering on-line. I'm a textile person and I love to be able to see and swatch it in person before buying. I'm also not someone who returns things, unless it's something obviously defective. So, I like to see stuff first. I hope they get it back in the stores soon.

Re: What item have you been debating about buying the longest, but still can't pull the trigger?

I'm trying to get my skincare regiment together so I'm been slowly piecing my products together. I've been eyeing Korres black pine serum and herbivores blue tansy mask for a long time. 

Also so trying to decide on a vitamin C serum, I'm looking at Dr Gross C+, Drunk Elephant C firms, or Dr Brandt Vit C. Almost got a deluxe sample of the Dennis Gross C+ with my purchase but they sent me an email saying, they ran out of the deluxe sample. So I'm still figuring it out.

lastly, I'm considering a wrinkle reducing laser that Sephora occasionally carries for around the mouth. It's like $500 with decent reviews.

Re: What item have you been debating about buying the longest, but still can't pull the trigger?

1. Chanel Vita Lumiere foundation

2. Too Faced Sweet Peach palette

3. Milk Makeup Holographic stick

Anonymous Insider

I finally pulled the trigger on Hourglass Mood Exposure, but I've been wanting a Chanel blush for basically just as long. I just wish they weren't so difficult to see in person.

Anything La Mer... I have to admit I'm intrigued, but wow that stuff is pricey!

Now I can't pull the plug on the Dior Airflash foundation...

Now I can't pull the plug on the Dior Airflash foundation or Dior Forever foundation, the Sisiley primer or the Gurlain primer!

Viseart dark mattes. I have and LOVE editorial brights, b...

Viseart dark mattes. I have and LOVE editorial brights, but the reason I've held back on dark mattes is that I'm quite certain I have those colors (lime crime Venus 2?) - are they the same quality as Viseart? Doubtful (even though LC is really, really good.) I keep going back and forth on whether purchasing better quality of something you have in good quality is the right decision!

Tom Ford Solar Exposure: Do i need it? Nope! Do i want it? Yes! I have it in Neiman Marcus shopping cart the day it got released.  I already have the Soleil Warm and Cool.  They are expensive for what they are but they make me happy every time i use them.  Uggh!!!!

I've been thinking about an Illuminage system for a while but I can't decide if my hair growth is enough to make it worthwhile. 

Anything Dior, a few frangrances... Jo Malone specifically, and a couple of Atelier Cologne ones. 

I want some atelier frangrances soo badddd but dont want to pay for them.

You reminded me of MM Replica: Flying. I've been eyeing that up ever since it was released, but at $200 I can't take the plunge. Not yet anyway. ๐Ÿ˜›

Anonymous Insider

The Tom Ford's honeymoon quad... I already have Viseart's minx and Anastasia's Modern Renaissance so I just can't justify spending over $100CAD on another little red toned quad.

Another one is Sunday Riley's UFO oil. I have been wanting to try it for ages but it has been out of stock on the Canadian side for a year now? maybe more? the thought of using a mail forwarding service crossed my mind but it would make this already expensive oil more expensive. If it ever comes back in stock on the Canadian side (or that awesome new Sunday Riley set that has it) I would buy it in a heartbeat!

You should get Honeymoon. It is literally my favorite TF Quad ever. 

@mrsbaine Honeymoon has been in and out of my cart for months. It's in right now. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Great thread! ๐Ÿ™‚

The main one that comes to mind is the Makeup Forever Aqua XL eye pencil (in Khaki). It's only $25 so I really have no excuse. There just always seems to be something I want more.

A few others: Hourglass Ambient blush in Ethereal Glow, Too Faced Love Flush blushes and the Nars eyeshadow primer. 

Tom Ford eye quads and the new YSL tint-in-balms. I want so many of the latter and I've been eyeing them since their release but I haven't found a good enough justification yet. I don't know what I'm waiting for though LOL.

Anonymous Insider

@myumew the tint-in-balm are very similar to the volupte sheer candy but are somehow cuter because of the little lips in the bullet. After sitting on my hands for so long I finally got one... and now I somehow have 3 ๐Ÿ˜› 

This is an awesome topic! Hmm, there are a few things.

--Tom Ford Nude Dip and Cocoa Mirage (so expensive, and do I really need more neutral eye palettes? But I want them!!)

--Becca liquid pearl highlighter (I'm loving the sample I have way more than pressed pearl, but the bottle looks huge and I'm not sure I could ever finish it)

--Kevyn Aucoin Contour Powder-- would I use it enough to make it worth it?

--By Terry eyeshadow sticks (so expensive, are they really better than Laura Mercier's?)

--Modern Renaissance. No, I do not own it either! I am not sure if it would be too red on me.

I got a sample of the KA powder. And its great.  I dont contour often so I'm kinda whatever about it.  But when I use its amazing.  The last time, I even contoured my friend's face as we were getting ready together.  

Also - I havent tried the by terry sticks, but I've read from many that theyre not worth it over LM ones, unless its a shade LM doesnt have...

50 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing