Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

@RGbrown , I saw a similar comment on IG, I'll still wait, with baited breath 😂

@RGbrown I know that people were losing their minds over the news but I honestly feel very "meh" about it.  I've realized that I think that PMG is vastly overhyped; her lip liners will always be top favs of mine but there isn't much else that I feel really checks off all of my boxes.

@CookieGirl1 

I'm excited to see Ulta expand their Luxury offerings, having more competition is a good thing for everyone, but yeah, I'm a little bored with PMG myself. All pink palettes, all the time 🤨 I love the shadow formulation on the palettes I have, but the color range is abysmal, I swear it somehow gets smaller with every new release. I've got a few blushes and like them pretty well, and desperately miss the LuxeTrance line...not sure I've tried much else. 

It's nice that they're getting more luxury brands, but I wish they'd get some more mid-tier, non-US niche ones like Bioderma and Nuxe (which they had for a bit). 

@RGbrown  I think there really was a Charlotte Tilbury plan but the deal fell through. Don’t know the details though, and I think “details” are just speculation about what went wrong. 

Pat McGrath at Ulta would be fantastic. For me, anyway. 😂 It’d be another thing I’d happily spend some of my Ulta points on. I’m sure some folks will be against this for the same reason(s) they were up in arms about Chanel and Dior makeup lines coming to Ulta. Those are mostly folks who still associate Ulta with drugstore-only products, and Ulta hasn’t been that in a very long time. 

If this does happen, I wonder how much of Pat’s catalog would land at Ulta. I assume it’d be a subset. Might not even include Motherships—and at this point, that wouldn’t bother me since Pat (and/or whoever else has product-owner/creator pull within her brand) refuses to move beyond pink palettes. I suppose the Ulta catalog would include lipstick, gloss, mascara, lip liners, eyeliners, maybe foundation and concealer and setting powder… maybe blush. And some smaller palettes. 

@WinglessOne 

"...refuses to move beyond pink palettes"

Seriously, what is up with this? I've stopped paying attention to the brand almost completely lately, between the loss of LuxeTrance lipsticks and nothing but pink palettes, I am eternally bored even though I was a huge fan at one point. Saw about 10 seconds of the IG video with the newest palette, rolled my eyes and moved on. I was mildly interested in one of the two most recent Star Wars 5 pans, but Sephora never got it (that I saw, at least, though it is possible it sold out before I checked up on it), and I'm sitting on a pretty sizable Sephora GC. 

I do imagine the selection will be limited, only part of the core lineup and little to no LE stuff. 😕 I'm happy to see the brand is coming to Ulta, but I'm also falling out of love with Ulta, and rarely wear makeup anymore anyway, so I'm not sure it means as much for me as it would have 2-3 years ago (I'm thrilled for everyone that's excited about it though, it's always good to have more choices!)

Were there really some folks upset by Chanel and Dior? Why on earth? Good grief 🤦‍♀️

@RGbrown  The only good thing about all these pink Motherships is the money Pat’s saving me. 🤣 I know she personally loves pink. I get it. But I also know she’s a huge Star Wars fan, loves sci-fi in general, and is one of the few brand founders I expect to crank out more unique color stories based on her editorial/runway MUA background. I guess I have to wait for the next major Star Wars movie or series before Pat will release any non-pink palettes. (I do have 2 of her last 5-pans: the Darth Vader and R2-D2 ones, which I ordered direct from PMG. I think the C-3PO palette is the only one Sephora got.) 

Ulta hasn’t started losing me yet, but they will if they ever mess up their reward program. I say this despite their site/email/backend system issues. I still won’t apply for their credit card because who knows how glitchy that’ll end up. (Well, also because I don’t need another card.) But I do kinda like being able to stop into one of my local Targets and shop a small selection of Ulta-carried brands. Now I’m curious: what’s making you fall out of love with Ulta, beyond not having much need to shop there anymore? 

About Chanel and Dior: some people insisted an Ulta presence (beyond fragrance) would cheapen those brands. 🙄 Seems like a very “let them eat cake” attitude to me. I mean, why would anyone wanna make a Luxury Brand™ more accessible/available to a wider audience of consumers who like omg might not even spend money out of pocket on Luxury Brand™ products—what if they *gasp* use Ulta points to get Chanel and Dior products?! *clutching pearls* 😂

@WinglessOne 

Ah, there were three 5 pans! Ha, I wasn't paying super close attention then lol. I think it was R2-D2 I wanted at the time, but ah well, it wasn't meant to be.

As for Ulta, I had some fairly serious issues back to back on three orders (after not contacting cs for well over a year), and they kept saying "yep, we will reship this and refund that and give you a GC for this", but then...just not doing it? I waited a week between each follow up, and had to keep begging for them to actually follow through with it for three weeks. Then my next two orders didn't show up in my account at all, and I got no points (but I had order confirmations and shipping notices and got the merch just fine), and that took several more requests to get handled. CC points are a train wreck lately too. I have the MC, and while I hardly ever use it, I'll put a little something on it now and again, and my last round of points took three months to show up (they normally post a few days after the statement closes). It wasn't many points, and considering how often I've had to contact them lately, I had decided to let it go, so getting them was a pleasant surprise, but I feel like I shouldn't be surprised by getting something they promised as a basic reward. Ulta is a hot mess in so many ways right now (and coupled with my lack of makeup wearing and massive stockpile of skincare I may never finish off, I'm just so over it all for the moment).

In the midst of all this, I managed to rediamond anyway (sigh...those two missing orders were actually what pushed me over, ha) and I used my diamond gift q last week, so I am currently waiting on an order, and am gritting my teeth until I see what's wrong with it. If UPS goes on strike next month, I don't see myself ordering at all until that's resolved.

Oh, and once upon a time, a coupon didn't affect the diamond shipping threshold...if you had $25, but knocked it down to $20 via q, it would still ship free, but not anymore, at least not with the diamond q (tried to test with the current $3.50 q, but hey, the app won't load for me right now 🤨). I had $50, minus my $34 diamond gift, and while I still qualified for the $50 gwp, I had to add more stuff to hit $25 for free shipping. I know it's been this way for regular and platinum members for a while, but I miss that small perk, even if it might have been a glitch. Just another small disappointment.

Both of my closest Targets were recently remodeled and have the Ulta now...I haven't been in to check them out yet, but maybe I should soon. One target is smack dab in between two Ultas that are maybe two miles apart, the other target is half a mile from another Ulta (if even that far lol, they're practically right across the street from each other). Ulta is really blanketing my area lately...I went from having one that was convenient and one that was less convenient (but still accessible) a few years ago to five that are convenient and 2-3 others in decent-ish driving distance (maybe more...I haven't checked how many other targets got the remodel lol).

Ah, gatekeeping, got it 🙄🙄 I just wish Ulta would have some Dior polish, or more shades of Chanel polish, that's all I'm annoyed about. Dang skippy I'd spend my points in a heartbeat on that 😅

@RGbrown  Sorry you went through all that crap. 😞 And here I was hoping Ulta’s site redesign was an indicator of simultaneous backend updates/fixes, but nope. Sigh… I still don’t understand why Ulta can’t get it together. Even the customer service issues are probably tied to their glitchy system(s), if CS reps rely heavily on automated processes. 

And sheesh, Ulta fulfillment sure has been wonky within the last 12 months or so. I used to not worry about missing or incorrect items in my orders. (Broken items are a different story.) That changed for me last fall. In my last Ulta order, they accidentally sent me 2 of the same item; that was at least a pleasant surprise. But getting missing items shipped does take more effort lately, when it should only take one email (or phone call, or chat) to customer service. 

I keep putting up with it all because of the rewards program. I’m also lucky/privileged to have several local stores (plus a couple Ultafied Targets) in my city, all within easy reach, so I don’t need to rely on online ordering unless something’s OOS in all stores or only available online. If I couldn’t easily get to a store and was having many ordering and system issues, I’d start falling out of love with Ulta too. For now, I think Ulta and I are in the “but we still got some good things goin’… right?” phase of our relationship. 

Anyway… I saw today that UPS workers won’t be on strike (congrats to their union for getting a good wage agreement!), so hopefully your in-progress order arrives with no issues. 

@WinglessOne 

Something definitely changed last fall and fulfillment went way wrong. I thought maybe it was just a particularly bad batch of poorly trained temps for the holidays, but it seems to be a persistent drop in accuracy. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many lip balms and other small fillers I haven't received over the last several months, though I have been thankful nothing more expensive has been missing from mine (I've seen terrible stories on Reddit of things like missing Dysons that folks struggle with getting Ulta to replace).

The site redesign is still terrible to me, not sure I'll ever like it. I keep telling myself I just need to get used to it, but it doesn't feel intuitive at all. Menus pop out from weird places, there's no quick look anymore, and there's so much wasted space, ugh. I rolled back my app to an older version so I could at least keep the old layout there, but now some pages are coming through with the new layout anyway and I hate it. (But I can still see points in the app for now, even with a coupon, so at least there's that)

I do probably 98% of my Ulta shopping online...even with ready access to stores, I just don't enjoy shopping in person. I'll go a couple of times a year and peruse clearance, but other than that, I'm in and out...I'm so gwp addicted that I hate passing them up, but then we circle back to fulfillment issues and yeah...there's my annoyance lately. 

I am thrilled UPS came to the table with a good offer for their employees, and I hope they are happy with it! Ulta has started using FedEx for some stuff lately, but I always cringe when I see them as the carrier because they are absolutely terrible down here...packages are just as likely to vanish into the ether as they are to show up. I know they needed a backup carrier (and there are no regionals down here that I know of), and it was wise to get them in place long before the strike became a threat, but I would have much rather seen them go with USPS over FedEx, they're way more dependable.  

The rewards and gwps can't be beat though, so for now, I'm still a glutton for punishment (just with reduced demand, thankfully) 😅 

@RGbrown Too bad about Ulta not treating you right lately. They don’t know this of course (or maybe they do?), but you alone brought them a bunch of business via this very BIC forum. What a drag about your missing orders & points… And a huge bummer about the Diamond lower shipping threshold with coupon hack getting nixed! I was really enjoying that one, especially when those $10 no minimum coupons roll around.

I hope they make it up to you! 🩷

@civ2ru 

I finally got a chance to test the $3.50, and it'll let me drop below $25 and retain free shipping, so perhaps they've only fixed the glitch on the Diamond q? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the next round of $10s!

Beauty Break, item 2615313

Screenshot_20230724-164821.png

Screenshot_20230724-164829.png

Member Love multiplier, today only 

Screenshot_20230723-000234.png

Another multiplier, good all week 

Screenshot_20230723-000240.png

And it's National Lipstick Day Week! There seems to be two major sale categories: select items are BOGO50, and others are 40% off 

Screenshot_20230723-001548.png

Screenshot_20230723-001617.png

For anyone holding out for the actual National Lipstick Day it's Saturday (the 29th).

I’m also holding off purchasing anything until 7/29 @mwg1 . Hopefully there will be an awesome lipstick GWP this year. I’m also looking forward to 10X point day.

@Loretta55 when is the 10x point day?  Mid-August?  What do you think we can expect?  I didn't pay too much attention during the pandemic.  I seem to recall the last couple years were more just 10x points on certain brands rather than specific products (not that I'm complaining!).  The funny thing is that I stocked up on flat iron spray and anti frizz spray before the pandemic and haven't made a dent since, as I've been giving my hair a break.  At some point I replenished my dry shampoo and miscalculated so I have a ton.

Since I missed the Redken 10x points I'm hoping for that, but idk if they'll have it since they just did it.  Btw, is it my imagination or has Ulta decreased their haircare buy 2 get 1 free?  I feel like that used to be more prevalent but I might be mistaken or could have missed the sales.

Tagging @RGbrown on this, too.  😀

@greeneyedgirl107 also here to see when 10x's pts is 😅 I'll be looking for a few perfumes Ive been wanting...as usual, lol 😁🙈

also, last year I think (and maybe the year before? 🤔) it was 2 days in a row!! so that was cool...I hope they do that again this year. 🤞

@treestar86 what perfumes are you interested in?

A few years ago the entire site was 10X points @greeneyedgirl107. I mainly got items that were 10X points during the event which usually takes place third week of August. We just need @RGbrown to weigh in.

@Loretta55 @greeneyedgirl107 

Projected for Aug 14-15 based on last year's dates. 10x select items/brands, everything else is 5x. For Platinum/Diamond only, and last year it was online only. Online only was a new restriction...will be curious to see if it sticks or is tossed out.

Looking through the spreadsheet (which goes back to 2017), this event has been just for select items/brands those years. Not to say it wasn't sitewide before we started tracking in 2017, it absolutely could have been, but that's definitely not an expectation based on the last 6 years. 

26,876 Replies
testing