Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

@WinglessOne Good points there. If I had just one wish for Sephora’s future website redesign, it would be “Please delete items from your Sale section that are OOS” (and have been so for years).

@civ2ru  I hate that too. In fact, Sephora has a database issue in general: they don’t seem to have a robust enough content management process in place. They need a process—be it manual, automatic, or a combo—that scrubs OOS items, or at least prevents them from being displayed in search results and product landing pages. That process should also remove duplicate product listings in the database, which would make tagging products on BIC posts much easier. 

I’m not the only one who’s brought some of this up to Sephora in the Beauty Insider Community Feedback thread, and I think it’s on Sephora’s list of things to bring up with their tech vendor. I kinda wish Sephora would hire some IT, content management, and UX design folks in-house (or more of them, if they do already have some employed) instead of relying on a 3rd party contractor, but I have no idea what their vendor partnership looks like and how efficient it is (both work- and cost wise) so maybe that’s firmly out of the question. And I don’t mean to sound so negative about whoever the contractor group is. I mean, they do seem to address issues in a fairly timely manner, and I appreciate the work they do. 

I wonder if Ulta has an in-house “tech team” or farms that work out to a contractor group. Or in Ulta’s case, multiple vendors who don’t seem to communicate with one another, based on all Ulta’s system glitches. 🤦‍♀️

Beauty Break, item 2614508

Screenshot_20230814-132425.png

Screenshot_20230814-132431.png

A teeny tiny gwp today, new Surprise Sampler with select items, adds to cart automatically

Screenshot_20230814-003320.png

And this is back, also adds to cart automatically

Screenshot_20230814-003432.png

New brand – billie

IMG_2995.jpeg

In case anyone is interested in this, I've had their subscription before and they're really nice razors. Haven't tried the skin stuff, though.

Please post your 10x hauls! I want to see!

@makeitup305  I’ll post all of this in the monthly hauls thread once my shipped order arrives. (I already have my BOPIS order.) But here’s what I got: 

B03D0FDD-2DE8-4343-9D06-70A17DBF7F8E.jpeg

34C1F651-7285-4557-9805-3A278D0ED9E0.jpeg

Since I’ve never used The Ordinary’s niacinamide serum before, and a few people have asked me about it vs. COSRX’s and Glossier’s serums, I decided 10x points on COSRX and The Ordinary was a good excuse to do a head-to-head. (Glossier’s serum contains an ingredient I’m iffy about—doesn’t mean it’s a bad product, just that my particular skin might not like it.) And I guess I was kinda making up for not doing my usual “buy all of the things” orders for National Lipstick Day. 😂

I didn’t bother adding one of the big GWP bags/bundles/whatever because I stopped chasing those at Ulta a few years ago. I got tired of ending up with lots of samples I can’t use or simply don’t need, and then trying to donate or otherwise offload ‘em before ending up with big bins full of foils. I’m much more choosy about GWP nowadays. Heck, sometimes I don’t even add any available samples to my Sephora orders. 

@WinglessOne I agree that often times foils just build up.  I rarely get a sample I'm interested in.  And I'm at the point where I need to buy more storage containers for them.  But I'm not ready to stop!

@greeneyedgirl107  Needing more storage bins was my cue to back off the foils. 😂 I couldn’t even donate them fast enough to prevent a huge backlog at home. I also have way too many GWP makeup bags and need to offload more of them. 

Sometimes I ask friends or relatives if they’d like something in a certain GWP bundle before I add it to cart. That way, at least I know beforehand that things I don’t need will have a loving home elsewhere. 

@WinglessOne I'm looking forward to your impressions of the niacinamide serums. I don't use it much in my routine atm but it's always helpful to know what's out there, especially when you're a skincare junkie like me

@makeitup305  It’s been maybe 4 years since I last used a standalone niacinamide serum; I usually just make sure the ingredient’s included in some of my other skincare products. My skin’s going through some age/hormone-related changes now, so this is a good time to boost niacinamide in my routine and see if it helps regulate things. And it’ll be good to compare these 2 serums to things I’ve used in the past (standalones by The Inkey List and Paula’s Choice), though I’ll be basing that comparison heavily on memory. 

For the last 4 or 5 nights, I’ve used The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  once a day. It stung the center of my face the first 3 nights. The first night was so irritating, I had to apply a licorice root serum on and around my nose to soothe that skin, and decided to skip my nightly retinaldehyde that night. Some people’s skin can’t tolerate niacinamide at 10% strength; I was never one of those folks but sheesh, maybe I am now. 😄 I mean, my skin is historically inflammation-prone, but niacinamide’s not an ingredient I’d ever expect my face to throw tantrums over—especially since I used to apply Paula's Choice CLINICAL Niacinamide 20% Treatment 0.67 oz/ 20 mL with no problems. Eh, could be a formulation thing. Burning/stinging is a common complaint I hear about The Ordinary’s niacinamide serum, and I can now say those complaints are likely valid. 

On a positive note, this serum does help regulate oil production, as I’d expect from any niacinamide serum. Over time, it may also help with various other things. I need to keep consistently using it throughout September before switching to the COSRX serum, if I want a true result-driven comparison. Or I dunno, I might open the COSRX serum and alternate it with The Ordinary’s this week, so I can see if my skin has the same “EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE” reaction to 15% niacinamide—though COSRX’s formula includes skin-soothing allantoin, which may prevent the burn. 

@WinglessOne Good to know on the stinging. I feel like my skin could take a lot before but now it’s become more picky. I don’t have oily skin so I never really reached for Niacinamide specifically but appreciate when it’s included in products just to have another nice active in there to balance out my skin. I hope the Cosrx is more gentle on you, I’ve liked their products that I’ve tried in the past.

@makeitup305  Niacinamide’s good for other things besides oiliness. 😉 Heck, it’s most famous for pore size management (regardless of skin type) and skin brightening. My skin is mostly-dry combo, and I find niacinamide helps my skin retain moisture. And it helps with skin texture. And it of course has antioxidant properties. It’s definitely good to have somewhere in your routine. 

Last night I opened the COSRX serum and applied it to my whole face. No stinging. So yeah, it’s probably a formulation issue. Doesn’t mean The Ordinary’s serum is bad, it’s just potentially irritating for some people’s sensitive skin. 

I’m also a COSRX fan. I still love and use some of their centella asiatica products and hydrocolloid patches. This niacinamide serum’s from their new line of products that seem to have a more “clinical” branding feel and more concentrated ingredients, kinda like The Inkey List’s latest product line. This reminds me I have an unopened GWP bottle of their 23% vitamin C serum to try. Gotta work that into my routine soon for testing. 

@WinglessOne I knew about the pore size properties and a little bit about texture but hadn't considered moisture retention or antioxidant properties. I looked at my current products and it's in my Beauty of Joseon Glow Deep Serum, the Benton Snail Bee toner, farther down the list of my DRMTLGY Needle-less serum, and Good light Milky Toning Lotion, so not too bad. I might add the Naturium Niacinamide 3% essence to my "wants" list. Do you think that concentration is enough to be effective? 

I'm glad COSRX worked out for you and didn't irritate your skin. I've heard good things about the Vit C serum so I hope that one's a hit as well.

@makeitup305  Efficacy % may depend on what specifically you’re treating with niacinamide. There’s been lots of buzz (backed by clinical data) about 5% being effective, but there’s also a study that shows 4% is enough to help treat one type of acne. (I haven’t read that study.) 

3% may be fine in addition to whatever amounts are in your other products. Eh, not everyone needs a standalone serum; what’s in other products may be enough. 

@WinglessOne I feel you on the overload of gwps!! lol. Partly cuz my family complains about how much stuff I have and now that I have to move...it makes one realize even more how much stuff u really have. 😳 The gwps are what would make me order online, and order more to get the gwp. Now if I have to spend more or get something instead of what I wanted to get a gwp then I probably wont. Perks of a reformed shopaholic, I guess. 😅 LOL.

I was waiting for 10xs pts day to get one of the perfumes Id been wanting, but was disappointed to see the selection didnt include the ones I really wanted. 🤧😭 I was gonna forego the gwps to use the $10 off coupon on Good Girl Blush but it wasnt 10x pts. So then I considered getting one that was 10x pts online, to get the 2 gwps. But ultimately didnt wanna spend $90 on another perfume I didnt need. 😌

@treestar86  Hooray for shopping wisely! You resisted both GWP and 10x points. Good job! 👍 

Point multipliers are still my downfall. I’m not as bad about it now, but every now and then I’ll buy something I don’t really need more of *coughlipstickcough* because I’m tempted by a multiplier. Just did it with Sephora’s 4x Fenty points. 😅 At least the extra points get me closer to another rouge reward, and the 2 lipstick shades I bought were sold out at Ulta (otherwise I’d have used points to get ‘em for free), but still: point multipliers are the retailer mind trick that works on me. The promise of a big reward down the road (free shopping spree with my hoarded points) is too big a lure. 

Free shipping also used to do me in. Eh, it still does sometimes. But I’ve gotten better at asking myself, “if you’re $10+ away from the free ship threshold, and shipping your current order costs less than that, then why add another item to cart that’ll make you spend more overall?” I have to look at shipping rates as money savers—unless the rate is quite high, of course. 

I went ordinary, 😂, the ordinary @makeitup305  with a BOPIS to avoid shipping.  Cleanser is new to me, currently using their squalane one.  The serum is a repurchase

Screenshot_20230815-122925.png

@danielledanielle nice! I like that Ulta now has the BIPOC since they don't offer free shipping without a threshold. I have a few stores in my area so usually at least one of them carries what I need.

I hoarded gift cards in anticipation of the sale @makeitup305 .

IMG_1350.png

IMG_1351.png

26,885 Replies
testing