Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

New gwp (note that it's an app exclusive)

Item 2587052

Screenshot_20220107-000204.png

Screenshot_20220107-000212.png

@RGbrown Listed as a “beauty break” but appears to be still available in-app today, like an all-day GWP.

So, no 4x/3x/2x point day today, unlike in 2021? At least, RMN is at 8%, so I’m still considering placing an order... Multiplier would sure make it sweeter!

New multiplier 

Screenshot_20220106-000508.png

@RGbrown Unfortunately I didn't get this one 😕 which is a bummer because I've been wanting to re-purchase the foundation after not using it for a while and a 5x multiplier would've been a good enough reason for me to splurge. Oh well, maybe next time 😂

@QueenMarceline 

Double Wear? If you're in no hurry to get it, maybe wait for 10x day...it has been a staple in that promo for years now, and while I hate predicting future events, I think it's a fairly safe bet (hopefully lol). Or maybe there will be a sale or other reason to splurge between now and then too!

@RGbrown Honestly I have a couple of foundations to roll through so I definitely can wait til the 10x the points event (love that one). Plus I'm on a low-buy so honestly I'm trying to "shop smarter" and leave my purchases until the best sale or multiplier events.

I was wondering- what is the oldest return anyone has tried to make at Ulta?  I see a 60-day limit for same method of payment refund, but it seems like you can return older products for store credit.  Is this correct? 

I tried to look up some earlier orders, but they are marked as "not available" or something similar.  Thanks!

@Ispend2much6  yes, but they only give u the lowest price in the last 90 days, I believe. 😕

also if u return an online order in store, u need to have the packing slip, too, or else they will just give u store credit I think.

@treestar86 @Ispend2much6 

Getting the lowest price from the last 90 days is what's called a "blind return", and it only applies if there's no receipt and the SA can't find the purchase on your account history (blind returns tend to be low value...if someone used points to get it for a penny, you're getting a penny...). Bring the order confirmation (or packing slip) for an extra bit of security and to make finding the transaction a little quicker, but even if you couldn't find either, they should be able to pull up your account/purchases and find it that way.

There was a recent thread on reddit (that has unfortunately been deleted, so I can't reference it anymore) with more specific timeframes from an employee, but I thiiink they said they can pull up a year's worth of transactions in-store. The 2 month time limit is for the purchase to go back on your original payment, but after that, as long as they can pull up the transaction in the system, you can still get a merch credit for what you paid.

@RGbrown  Thank you for your help!

@RGbrown well a few yrs ago, I had tried returning something that I bought in store. it was just after the 60 days (an UD blush trio that was 50 % off on 21 days of beauty. I bought 3 bc I didnt see the fine print that said only 2 @ the 50% off price, so when I checked the receipt after leaving the store and saw that 1 was full price, I went back to try to return it, but they had already closed, and wouldnt let me back in.), but the receipt was hard to read by then, BUT according to their policy, yeah, they should have been able to look it up, but the girl said they could only give me the lowest price in the last 90 days (and this was literally like 2-3 days after the 60 days). I asked for a manager, but she said she was the only one there. so I just kept it and stormed out. lol. 😤

needless to say, I havent bothered trying to return anything since. It also didnt say anything about that on the return info on the receipt, and I looked it up online, and it didnt say anything there, either...but I think they may have added it, since...

@treestar86 Wow, that's so terrible. I've been lurking on your question within this thread because of wondering the answer to that question myself but that's absolutely horrible customer service and I'm truly sorry that you were treated that way (despite having no affiliation with Ulta). As someone who used to work in a customer service manager role (NOT at Ulta) I can assure you that oftentimes if you have a "rewards account" they most certainly can see/look up your purchase. It's really as easy as typing in your associated phone number and scanning the items barcode you said you bought. Worst case scenario you no longer have the packaging/barcode access, this should be easy to pull up on an inventory slip-list (even if discontinued item) to check for the UPC/SKU of the product. Then when the UPC/SKU is typed in along with your scanned rewards card (ie. your ulta phone # or member ID#) that purchase and all it's associated information pops up and it's an easy return to the original payment method and/or for store credit, depending on store policy.

Honestly, I totally understand because I would have probably reacted exactly like you did. I hate confrontation even when I'm in the right and even if I 100% know it. I once got so badly treated by a sales associate at another store and it really bummed me out but I wasn't going to act on it. Unfortunately (for me and them), I was with my S/O who would not let the situation go and knows how to somehow be extremely kind yet simultaneously assertive and matter-of-fact in such a way that makes it impossible to even argue with him and he was able to promptly sort it out with the manager. It was still really awkward and I somehow was the one shaking despite being the one getting the short end of the stick for no reason. Ever since that time, I find it easier to call customer service after the fact and even maybe the store manager the following day. It allows me to calm down and stop feeling anxiety over the confrontation and helps me explain the situation to a more neutral party that doesn't have as much stake and association with the store location itself. Once again, I'm so sorry you were treated this way that's just flat out wrong.

@QueenMarceline thank you. 🙏 it is definitely nerve-racking whenever u have to deal w/customer service, and there's an issue. you want to remain calm, but also want to scream lol, bc it clearly states "xyz" right there on the receipt/policy, but then they're claiming something else, and there's not much u can do. later I thought I should have just said that I'm not leaving until I get my money back, and since they were about to close, I figured they'd call the police, and then I could explain to them the situation, and point out that it doesnt state anywhere what theyre claiming. but I hate dealing w/the police, and always feel like I look guilty or at least they think I am, so...

I had another experience at a different store, when my dad wanted me to try to return a bunch of items bc you can only do that like 3 times if you dont have the receipt, so he wanted me to do it bc he already reached the max, and you needed to show ID, too, which I previously only had an expired one, since I never drove...lol. well, they check my ID at the beginning, then after scanning all the items, when its time to give u the refund, they instead said (almost gleefully) "so, it looks like we're not gonna be able to do the return, since youve already returned items within the last 90 days" I was baffled and almost enraged, bc 1) if that was true, then why would they wait until AFTER scanning everything, to tell me that. they had already checked my ID, so, if that was the case, why wouldnt they have just said that from the beginning, before bothering to scan everything? and 2) IT WASNT TRUE, bc as I just mentioned, I had only recently gotten the ID, and had never used it to return anything, and would have been unable to do so previously, bc my other ID was expired, and they refuse that, too.

So, I was seriously like WTF. I just said no, I didnt, bc I didnt even HAVE ID when they claimed I had returned stuff previously. but I guess they could tell how peeved I was, and were just like "ok" and gave me the refund, LOL. 🙄😒

W.T.F. 😤

dealing w/customer service is seriously enraging sometimes, which is why I now try to avoid returning things at all costs, I'll just sell it online rather than return it, even if I have to lose money.

lucky that u have a good CS-sorter at-hand, tho. lol. 😅🤗 my dad used to always scare them into conceding, but I guess old guys arent as threatening, sadly...lol. ;/

and I totally get the shakes too, after situations like that. 😪

@treestar86 Coming from a past CS management point of view, there's many many times I was abruptly called in to handle a situation that realistically could have and should have been handled by the associate but wasn't for whatever reason rather that be misunderstanding the policy, a personal vendetta against a frequent returner or simply kinda being a not-so-kind-individual and wanting to take that out on others. It's super awkward when your associate has just argued and infuriated a customer for 10+ minutes then had them wait for me for another 5-15 minutes. Then when you walk in and realize its a 20 second fix, it's extremely awkward because the customer is confused as to why they had to pull an arm and a leg out in order to get whatever it was they wanted fixed in the first place.

Once had a guy argue with a woman who forgot to use her coupon on a purchase and wanted to come back to apply it. The coupon was now expired (by like 2 days) but she had made her purchase 4-5 days ago when the coupon was very much so active. The associate refused to apply her coupon because "it was expired" and told her up and down that we could only apply coupons on past purchases that weren't yet expired. While this may be true, that applies only if the coupon was expired at/before the time of the purchase. This woman was a regular customer and she was pretty peeeeved to say the least. She used to buy and return and coupon quite a lot so she would make her way to the Customer Service desk quite a bit and I personally think he just did not like the woman because she was a handful. As in bringing back several items at a time. However, whenever I pulled up her account (because like I said you can see everything from a CS point of view) she was spending thousandsssss of dollars with our store per month. Her returns were barely making a dent compared to her expenses. It's not a good look to alienate a consumer like that over not taking off some 10% coupon off a blouse. 🙄The return amount on the coupon was like $10-12. Definitely not worth that headache, hassle and embarrassment.

@treestar86  Thank you!! 

@Ispend2much6 did you by any change get an email sent to you as a receipt? 

@makeitup305   I still have the original packing slip, thanks.  I thought I'd thrown it away.  I'm not sure about a huge points purchase; I need to use it again to see how it lasts, and Chanel is calling...:)

I love how the Hourglass shadows look on me, but if they don't last even without a primer, not sure it's the best use of my points.  Shame because the shades are perfect for me.

So no beauty break today?  Womp womp. 

So, we have a pretty exciting development tonight......!

Chanel has a new line of skincare

N°1 de Chanel

And surprisingly, it's available online, so out of curiosity, I checked out the regular Chanel brand page...and Chanel makeup is online now as well 😮

Screenshot_20220105-000808.png

Screenshot_20220105-001028.png

N1 de Chanel is the brand for the newest line (it's not under Chanel)

Screenshot_20220105-001009.png

Guess who's getting a Chanel polish in her next points haul? 😅

@RGbrown I'm not going to lie I was a little pleasantly shook logging into the ULTA app today with this news. Honestly, never thought I'd see the day where Chanel makeup was sold at ULTA and was not a Sephora exclusive. I wonder what other luxury beauty is going to be next, ULTA has been expanding like crazy the last ~2-3 years with acquiring previously Sephora-exclusive and also indie brands. 

I was so surprised when I saw that on their homepage late last night. Usually, there's some news about them acquiring a brand. But this was a total stealth move. I bet Sephora's CEO is hella' shook. Is Fenty and Huda still their best selling brands? Anyway, I'm gonna' be a point hoarding fool. 

@RGbrown I can't thank you enough for your help. My order finally shipped on Monday, so I am indeed Diamond. Now we'll see how long it takes them to send me my Welcome Gift. 😁

26,817 Replies
testing