Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

Thanks for sharing ! I was looking for something to pad up today’s order!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻😃😃😃😃😃

Yay!!!! Thank you. :-)

Yay!!!! Thank you. 🙂

Ulta GWPs

So for all the ulta fans I heard that Chanel is coming to ulta does anyone know if it includes foundation and beauty products. So I just tried the Chanel Perfection Luminere Velvet Foundation and I really love it but its currently only sold at Macys and of course chanel I want to buy it but if ulta is going to carry it that will mean I have a chance to get some points so im trying to figure out its going to be in stores or not

Re: Ulta GWPs

I think it's only supposed to be in (extremely) select stores, and not online at all? Or that may just be for the initial rollout.

Only Westford, CT for now. I forget If it’ll be online. More info should be deeper in the thread. 

I didn't really start shopping at Ulta until the end of January, but it's ended up getting all my random Target/CVS/etc business...

Screenshot_20180325-191535.png

I definitely have you all to thank as I lurk and learn how to work the system. I've held fast to my goal of not buying things I wouldn't otherwise get just for the sake of accumulating points, but a couple 5x multipliers have finally crossed my path. Thanks Ulta mavens! 💹👍

Spoiler

Finally, an upward growth trend!Finally, an upward growth trend!

@fieldsofclover I can't reply to your post below, so I'm...

@fieldsofclover I can't reply to your post below, so I'm putting it here. 🙂 The following is not meant to negate or minimize anyone's great experiences with any of these product lines, they're just my own observations. I also understand that many love H2O+ because they have great memories of using them at Disney properties & scents are amazing for immediately transporting us back to specific places and times. H2O+ is a line that sounded so appealing to me that I went back and forth for ages on various buys from them on both Ulta & Dermstore (the latter has had some solid GWP offers for it). My problem is that I've developed sensitivities & cross-reactions to many common skincare ingredients & now random fragrances after working with essential oils for many years and reactions can have me down for the count for days with all over itching and/or wheezing & lung irritation. (I love fragrance, so it's been hard losing many products I used for years with no problem.) Anyhow, I finally spent a good amount of time carefully going over the entire H2O+ line, including ingredients, reviews on many many sites and found that overall they're nothing special compared with similarly priced lines & seem fairly overpriced considering the wholesale cost of the ingredients used. They also tend to add fragrance to everything, which is a dealbreaker for me, so I'm now happy to simply grab their eye masks when available since they're dirt-cheap, refreshing, non-irritating (to me), a fun treat, and the gel pad is amazing/doesn't fall off if you're moving around. I did break down & try their teak rose oil spray; though I didn't react, it initially smells so heavily of alcohol & the scent and moisture are so ephemeral & minimal, it's just not worth it. I did the same thing with the Hey Honey line and Soap & Glory (a Marcia Kilgore ofBliss line) and came to similar conclusions. They both sounded so appealing to me, but the former has few actives & very overpriced for the ingredients used, while the latter are mainly fragrance bombs. I do love S&G's Hand Food and Heel Genius & often gift them, however I end up wheezing roughly every other use, so I'd kill to see them offer fragrance-free at some point. I may also try their rosy shimmer blush that's similar to Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks, but I'll wait to use a 20% off. The same goes for the Hey Honey lip balm. Again, just my thoughts and how I was able to break my STRONG urges to fill my cart with them each time they came up as multipliers, BMGM, or went on sale. I'd enjoy & appreciate hearing about anyone's experiences with resisting specific brands that seem appealing, may not be worth it, as well as any of your must-have products from any of these lines above. 🙂 P.S. I love Drunk Elephant for using both actives in several of their products while refusing to add fragrance, however if you or anyone is addicted to DE Marula oil but in need of tighten your beauty budget just shoot me an IM. An old friend sources hers beautifully for a fraction of the cost & provides full details on the batch. (I receive nothing, I just like to help anyone save when they can.)

Re: @fieldsofclover I can't reply to your post below, so I'm...

@NatureGirlSD Oh, I don't have an attachment to their brand story... are they the type that tries to tout their "natural" cred? I buy Pacifica for that 😂 I just prefer salt scrubs to sugar ones so I got a few of those, and was excited to try the oil mousse moisturizer (the only one Sephora carries is the TCFS one which has a ton of mineral oil in it). Their facial skincare seems unimpressive for the price; not really my scene.

I don't know anything about the whole Disney thing... when I was going frequently I had a FL resident pass so I didn't stay in the properties. Are they the hotel toiletries there or something?

Re: @fieldsofclover I can't reply to your post below, so I'm...

@fieldsofclover  I mainly use the Sephora app where posts abruptly 'dead-end' with no option to reply, but the desktop version is just fine.   

H2O+ made it on my radar after a FutureDerm post about their Oasis set, but her blind spot is overlooking added fragrance ("natural" or synthetic) in leave-on products, so it took me a while to get samples and discover one of their signature fragrances is akin to powdered dish detergent. Bleh.

The H2O+ Beauty backstory is that they're into (gasp) using pure H2O and are a water-based skincare company. LOL. They exploded when they were picked up by Disney and are now found in their spas and hotel rooms.

That sucks about the mineral oil in TCFS. I'm also picky about ingredients after too many years in the "natural" industry and go bananas when I see companies touting naturals who then use petroleum bases. I have one product with petroleum oil that's useful and it's a Tokyo Milk lip balm I grabbed to get a feel for their perfumery. It's great for removing long-wear lip products when I'm sampling several in a row. Ha!

Yay! Being strategic and timing purchases to get as many...

Yay! Being strategic and timing purchases to get as many GWP's as possible while using the best promo code really is great fun. Those multipliers really add up! (I've finally started resisting the urge to buy multipliers unless I know I'll love & use them.)

Re: Yay! Being strategic and timing purchases to get as many...

@NatureGirlSD Fighting the urge is hard! The H2O one last week was the first one where I didn't feel like I would be justifying a purchase that had extra points 😂

It definitely takes a finding a balance between just "buying points" with mediocre stuff you might not want or using the points system wisely to really stock up on loves while there's a great bonus. Totally worth it though if you're able to avoid every single temptation and watch for the deals 😄

@fieldsofclover@NatureGirlSD

@RGbrown Exaaactly... I felt a little silly with my boatload of scrubs (I went back a second time after the one haul I posted) but they are definitely all going to be used and loved. 5x points and 20% off at the same time? I filled up a drawer in my bathroom haha 🚛

@fieldsofclover

As a former heavy couponer, I can assure you that there is absolutely nothing to feel silly about. Walking out with a pile during a deal is a badge of honor 😝

Unless you had the cashier ring each one up individually so you could get freebies with each one. Then that might be a bit overboard, even for me 😄😄😄

@RGbrownI do individual purchases like that at CVS to take advantage of ExtraBucks, but only when it's slow and I know the cashier. 😛

I can't imagine trying that anywhere else. 😮

@NatureGirlSD

Exactly...there's a time and place for everything, and I've never gotten the feeling that Ulta is where I want to spend hours at checkout 😅

I used to run 10 CVS cards and 30 RA cards once upon a time. I was friendly with practically every cashier in town and only spent serious time there if the store was slow or if there was a second cashier to handle other customers. Any other time and I was in and out, or else I'd stop my transactions and let the folks behind me go ahead if a sudden wave came through. But nope...never ever gonna do that at Ulta lol.

@RGbrown Nah, I only do that for Sephora online-only promos. The the UPS guy is the only one who knows my secret shame 😂📦📦📦

@fieldsofclover

I do 99% of my shopping online for the same reason 😋

@fieldsofclover - oh good for you for sticking to your no-buy/low-buy! i just returned a buncha stuff i didn't really need to bring my status down as i already hit platinum and felt guilty about it! i did way too much damage over the holidays. 

They have some fun things

@howconnie Ya, this is 80 percent Dr. Teal's and 20 percent "ooh shiny" 🙈

26,891 Replies
testing