Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

@RGbrown I always think like that, but then I eventually find a way to justify the purchase for the samples lol.

@ohheyitscindyk

I do too, and my wallet hates me for it 😄

So I just opened my email about the Origins Beauty Break and found a 5x multiplier for Origins mentioned, but it isn't on my list. Is it showing up for anyone?Valid through 4/28Valid through 4/28

And speaking of missing multipliers...has Ulta done away with the Anniversary 5x? My Ulta anniversary is in April, and for one week during the month last year, I had 5x everything as a bonus. That hasn't happened this year, and we're on the last full week of the month. I don't see it listed as a benefit on the rewards page (but TBH, I don't recall seeing it on there last year either...it was a surprise to me when I got it). Has anyone in Jan/Feb/Mar had an Anniversary multiplier this year?

I did some googling & it appears that Ulta will no longer be offering the 5x anniversary multiplier.. This apparently started on March 1st 😞

@RGbrown

@ohheyitscindyk

Well d@mn 😥

I guess those points are now being funnelled into the Diamond tier perks instead, so it makes sense, but I'm still sad that it's gone.

@RGbrown My understanding is that it is part of the 5X Natural brands that came out last week. Do you have that multiplier?

@lippieaddict19

I do; I jumped the gun without thinking or paying attention. Totally forgot Origins was a part of that one...I was just looking for Origins on my list and didn't see it lol.

Yeah, it's really confusing that they featured it by itself like that, but my immediate thought was that they have never released multipliers in the middle of the day and then I remembered Origins was part of the natural brands multiplier. I would totally take advantage of it if they had the new cooling primer, but I guess that's Sephora exclusive

@RGbrown I was confused too but I managed to do some Instagram digging and see that Origins is apart of the "5x Natural Brands."  I immediately thought, oh yes so an additional 5x the points but couldn't find the list either....Possibly a case to get additional points added if you contact CS?

Great catch!

Great catch!

@ElleElleG

:facepalm:

Yes, indeed it is part of the 5x Natural multiplier. Oops. Now I feel silly lol 😛

You shouldn't @RGbrown!  The way they placed it in the email looks like they're advertising a special point multiplier for Origins.  Like in addition to the late night beauty break here's another multiplier.  I'm planning to call or ask CS when they respond to my email about the 20% off adjustment.

@ElleElleG @RGbrown Exactly. They tried to make it seem like something new & special by saying the points needed to be activated, then following up with nevermind, they'll appear. Now we know we already had the points, but this offer lasts longer than the original offer, so they'll need to send a new Origins multiplier or extend the one for the natural products.... all because of the way they worded a Beauty Break combined with a multiplier. Ugh!

@NatureGirlSD

Expiration dates are the same for this "Origins" offer and the "select Natural" offer, so at least that's consistent here. But I agree, the email was a bit deceiving in making this sound like a new offer instead of one that's been around for a few days (as made obvious by my now completely unwarranted rant lol)

@RGbrown Nah, it was warranted. Little things build up and make it easy to lose trust, while the idea of calling CS is enough to make anyone wince. 

Mine showed up in January, around the 22nd, and it was a visible multiplier, I may even have had to activate it. I have seen some simliar complaints around here about the anniversary multiplier, between my anniversary and now. So maybe I noticed that in March.

@RGbrown

@RGbrown I did a double-take with that too since I didn't...

@RGbrown I did a double-take with that too since I didn't have a multiplier, but it says the points will be rewarded automagically. 🙂

Re: @RGbrown I did a double-take with that too since I didn't...

@NatureGirlSD

I have conflicting emotions on this

Yes, I 100% trust Ulta to make it right after the fact, if I contact their CS and inquire. Their service really is phenomenal.

But... I hate contacting CS in the first place, and hate it when a company forces me to just to get what should have been automatic. Since the normal mechanism includes putting the multiplier in my account where I can see it, I don't trust these "ghost" multipliers that don't show up. When deciding on a purchase, if one option potentially leads to me having to call CS to fix a problem, I typically skip the purchase altogether. I've actually been contemplating a couple of Origins purchases, and while the 5x could push me over the edge, I likely won't bite if it doesn't show up...I don't want to have to follow up with CS, and I'm not sure it really will apply "auto-magically".

I love Ulta, but a lot of that stems from how dependable they've been in the past. Multipliers that don't show, site crashing during the 20% (and I'm sorry, but how they handled that "extension" was just one giant bungle)... I'm starting to see some small things I'm not sure I like, and I hope Ulta can eliminate them.

@RGbrown I hear you. I started feeling the same way with Sephora on a few different fronts right around the time Fenty launched. Fortunately, it seems to have evened out, but maybe only until the next big launch. It can be crazy-making when the consumer needs to fix things when massive companies either refuse to take the time to plan ahead and/or don't have resources in place to meet potential demand. In this case, it looks like Ulta didn't plan ahead or made a tradeoff when they started loading the site while they had so much traffic, so they didn't have a lot of room to immediately follow up with a poorly-worded offer. Maybe we'll get a GWP to end all GWP's to make up for it this week. 🙂

Me too -- like today when I bought 2 tonymoly masks that were buy 1 get one 50% off, and some hair clips, and tried to use the $3.50/$15 coupon, and it wouldn't work because "it won't work on a sale item". How long has it been like that? I don't think it works that way online but not sure. Also that reminds me I meant to try out that same purchase on my online cart.

Edit: I figured it out, the hair clips were on clearance, marked down to 3.47 from 6.99...so it's like I got to use the coupon after all. I can tell they were on clearance because of the price ending with .47 -- I think prices that end in .97 and .47 are clearance prices. And the regular weekly non-prestige coupons don't work on clearance items.

@gingerleigh

I've noticed more tightening with the $3.50 coupon too...it wouldn't work on the Spring Haul stuff the last two weeks, even though sale stuff hasn't been excluded in the past.

But, it is working on the bogo50 Tonlymoly masks online, so...not sure what happened in-store. Dis the cashier actually try it, or just deny it without attempting it?  😞

26,891 Replies
testing