Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

heres my diamond code. plz comment when used.

claimed.

@treestar86 Oh I'm going to use yours! Thank you. Can you delete?

sure. and youre welcome. 🤗

Anyone else wondering what is going on with Ulta these days? Pushing some really terrible brands, weak GWPs, overly high minimums for the beauty bags... wondering if they got new management right around the pandemic because have not been impressed with them since, and I was Diamond for years. Will be my first year falling off this tier and I really tried to support them! Yes, they have added some good brands but they never seem to offer any value for them; they can't even seem to give away the Kylie stuff (huge fail - would think they would learn but now Jacyln?? oh boy). Have you all kept up with your spend? Am I missing something?

I’m barely halfway to Diamond for next year, so I won’t get it. It’s a few things for me (I work from home now, had a baby at the beginning of the pandemic so I hardly ever go out/wear makeup anymore, I used to get my hair cut there but my stylist left), but even in 2019 I barely qualified. Honestly I use pretty expensive skincare mostly bought from Ulta but that’s not enough to get to Diamond. 

@rbkh I agree with you — I don’t get excited by the random indie brands, drugstore brands, and influencer brands. 

I have kept up with my spend this year. I bought the drybar flat iron brush when it was 50% off.  My husband is actually addicted to the hempz bath bombs so keeping him in bath bombs is probably a good part of my spend. I’ve also bought a lot of hair care from them recently: drybar, and verb mostly. I picked up the hourglass mascara duo set. The ouai pet shampoo. I’m thinking about picking up a few fresh lip balms ($24/each)

ive noticed they don’t have as many gift sets from prestige brands like fresh, Nars, or Sunday Riley, but I still find plenty of things to buy. 

As I stated below in my reply to @treestar86 @rbkh , everyone has a different idea about what is a good deal to them. If I wasn’t well stocked on my Kate Somerville Retinol skincare I would have a point haul because 30% off is a good deal on it. I would have qualified for many of the GWPS offered. Anyway I placed 3 separate orders yesterday to receive 10X points. 

@rbkh yes. 😔 I was just thinking how, since the diamond gift always seems to disappoint ppl, they should offer a few different ones, to choose from...if most platinum & diamond shoppers wait til perk day to shop, but then the 'perks' are disappointing, so they give away their codes, and dont buy anything, then...seems that 'perk day' isnt really a success. 😕 perhaps they will overhaul the rewards program, or something, since many are disappointed w/them, these days.

I'm almost diamond again, and theres plenty I want, I just want a good gwp to go w/it. lol. 😅 I also wonder if, all the deals and gwp's they used to offer, made them not very profitable, and thats why they had to cut back? or perhaps its just the pandemic, and less shoppers? I do miss those glitches, tho... 😏😅😩

the $150 for 36 pc beauty bags, are ridiculous...I've gotten enough of those, and still have nearly everything in them, lol, that those dont really interest me, anymore. I've gotten the best deals on the post-holiday clearance items, though, so I'll probly just wait til then, again. 😅

oh, and I hope they dont come out w/more weird gimmicky 'events' like the "come into our stores at 9am, for a huge giveaway!" and its just $5 coupons... 😒

@treestar86 Ugh, I'm definitely not putting pants on for $5 coupon.  I'm glad Sephora killed their events, too, because it was always such a gamble as to whether it'd be worth it or just a waste of time.  99% of the times I went it was a waste of time but the chance that there was something good going on is what kept me coming back.  So hilarious how Sephora is now charging for make up applications that were, in my experience, never any good anyway.  I think I can say I had one good make up experience with Sephora between 1997-2017.  I just stopped trying after that.  It's not worth my time to be disappointed and then trying to fix my make up before going back out into public.  

Of course, it would be kind of hilarious to go get a make up application, take it off, and then reapply with your own makeup from home.

@itscarin lol. yeah, its a good thing theres no sephora near me, or I might be in trouble. lol. although, I wonder if the employees there ask if you need help every 2 minutes, like they do at ulta... 😒 It always annoyed me, but the latest time, when I went in there, I think I might have almost finally had a panic attack and almost screamed at them...lol.  I was smelling a candle, and a girl walking by said "oh, thats my FAVORITE one" I then dropped the top and sighed really loud. lol I think she could tell cuz at least she left me alone after that.  I always feel like I'm a suspected criminal whenever I go there.  I guess I dont even have the tolerance to go in there much, as I get older, and deal with being badgered constantly. 😕

Perk Day deals!

Don't forget your cashback options! 

• RMN 8%

• Mr Rebates 5%

• TCB 4%

• Rakuten 3%

GWPs

Item numbers and contents of the $150 bag are in the spoiler

Spoiler
Kopari 5pc ($35 skincare): 2587824
Ofra 3pc ($30 makeup): 2587844
Ralph Lauren mini + keychain ($40 fragrance): 2587166 & 2587168 

Clarins 3pc ($35 brand): 2591109
Frank Body 3pc ($20 brand): 2582582
It Cosmetics 4pc ($35 brand): 2569801
Lancome 2pc (brand fragrance): 2589182
L'Oreal Hyaluronic mini (brand hair purchase): 2585316
Maybelline mascara mini (Lifter Gloss Bronzed Collection purchase): 2591389
Skyn Iceland 6pc ($35 brand): 2591527

$150 bag 2590733
  • Supersmile Professional Whitening System
  • Ulta Beauty Collection Matte Face Primer travel size
  • Milani Matte Setting Spray travel size
  • Mascara deluxe samples from MAC, Grande Cosmetics, & Lancome
  • Primer deluxe samples from Smashbox, Benefit Cosmetics & Urban Decay
  • Mini Rollerballs from Tom Ford and Petite N Pretty
  • Nars Blush in Orgasm deluxe sample
  • Moisturizer deluxe samples from Estee Lauder, Shiseido, Clarins, & Dermalogica
  • Clinique All About Eyes Cream deluxe sample
  • Biolage All-In-One Intense Dry Shampoo travel size
  • Redken Volume Injection Shampoo & Conditioner Mini
  • Pureology Hydrate Sheer Shampoo & Conditioner Mini
  • Bumble and bumble Heat Shield Thermal Protection Mist deluxe
  • La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Serum deluxe sample
  • Vichy Aqualia Thermal deluxe sample
  • Bad Habit Wake Things Up Matcha & Mint Daily Cleanser deluxe sample
  • GLAMGLOW GlowStarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer in Nude Glow deluxe sample
  • Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Full Strength deluxe sample
  • Peach & Lily Power Calm Hydrating Gel Cleanser deluxe sample
  • Peter Thmoas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask deluxe sample
  • Dionis Creamy Coconut & Oats Goat Milk Hand Cream travel size
  • Kinship Supermello Moisturizer deluxe mini
  • Assorted samples from Philosophy, Kiehl's Since 1851, Pinrose & CeraVe

ulta perk day nov 21 gwp 1.pngulta perk day nov 21 gwp 2.png

DEALS

< see the lovely Miss Cindy's post just below! >

EARLY ACCESS

ulta perk day nov 21 ea.png

@RGbrown 🙂

UltaOfraPerk.jpgUltaHandSoaps&HandCreamsPerk.jpgUltaMatrixPerk.jpgUltaKateSomervillePerk.jpgUltaSkynIcelandPerk.jpgUltaJaclynPerk.jpgUltaLoracPerk.jpg

Free with $40 hair:

UltaAlternaPerk.jpg

Free with $20 PUR:

UltaPURPerk.jpg

Perk Day tomorrow!

Screenshot_20211031-160730.png

I hope its a good one tomorrow!  Only two left for this year and I want to spend my points sooo much!

@iwantitfree  me too!! 😃 well, I dont have pts. to spend, but I always figure Nov. and Dec. should be the best, bc of the holiday season...and so far, I'm not impressed. 😒 I was really pleased w/last months stacking of the YSL and Jimmy Choo fragrance gwp's, so I was hoping for something similar, or at least as good...but, so far I dont see much (I already have the frank body gwp). but, I'll hold out hope for the emails.🤞

@iwantitfree 

I hope it's a nice one too! (though I'm also 100% prepared to be disappointed 😂)

oh look, the frank body gwp is back!! 😃😅 (mine came w/all the items, in case anyone wants to get it)

and also...pssst... @RGbrown 😏👇

Spoiler
many of the ulta candles are on secret clearance for $9.99, and the rest are on sale for $15 🤗

https://www.ulta[dot]com/ulta-collection-candles?N=r6xqbv

@treestar86 

Great, I saw the $14.99 on the sale page, but hadn't bothered to investigate the rest of 'em and see they were $9.99 now. I may have to snag a few! 

@RGbrown yeah, I had some on my saved for later list, so I spotted the price...just a shame can only have 100 items on there, I keep having to bump stuff. 😅😒

@treestar86 

I hate the 100 item limit there...I keep having to shuffle stuff too 😆

Skipping this month’s deals which is good because I am shopped out from yesterday’s palette deals. PM me if anyone wants my code.

26,820 Replies
testing