Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

@treestar86  I got a call from Ulta this morning. Part of my order was accidentally sent to someone else.  I would call Ulta. The person who got my order called to let them know if the mixup.

People with 20% off coupons: what are you getting?

People with $15 off $50 coupons: what are you getting?

I got a $15 coupon...  I'd love to get something that was exactly $50 but other than the new mac palette didn't really see anything priced like that.  If anyone wants to trade a 20% off coupon for a $15 off $50 coupon, let me know!

I ordered the DE F Balm mini, DE Protini mini and an EL foundation pump. It’s the closest I could get to $50.

I haven't totally made my mind up, but I do want to buy these two hair items, some lip balms, and since I need to spend about $20 more to get a gwp bag, I'll probably choose a lipstick- Verb Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair and Madison Reed Color Therapy Hair Mask in the shade Caffe.

@itscarin 

@itscarin maybe one of these...although I like to wait for a good gwp, and the fall blanket gift, and brands usually have a good fragrance gwp around the holidays, so I'm not sure, I may wait til those better gwp's come out... 

Spoiler
gorg.JPGrem.JPGeewewewe.JPGmaracuja.JPG

I'm feeling a little lost myself. I don't need/want any makeup in particular, nor am I short on any skincare or haircare or bath stuff. My sis needs conditioner soon, so I'll probably grab some of that for her, but otherwise...meh. I keep looking at candles, or maybe an Ellis Brooklyn sample set (though I need to reorganize my existing samples...I think I may have more than I realize from the brand already, sigh). If Essie or OPI holiday collections come out soon, I'll probably grab some of those, but otherwise, there's not even any polish I want 😲

@RGbrown I love EB!! I have 2 of the samplers, plus the salt/sweet/myth rollerball trio. I also got the sephora favorites set w/BEE in it, mainly for that, but didnt really like it as much as I was expecting. 🙁 I'm hoping the next set has Super Amber in it!! 😃

@treestar86 

What do you think of Bee? I'm curious about it, but not curious enough to blind buy...I'm worried it'll be too sweet for my taste.

@RGbrown at first it smells like cleaner/sanitizer, when I sniff my wrists directly...after a while it changes to that sweet smell that matches the notes of rum, oat bran, vegan honey, and cocoa...but it seems a little more generic or old ladyish than I was expecting...not really worth the reg price, but at $68 in the sephora favorites set...im still not sure which one I'll pick. lol. I loved vanilla sky a lot more, but its a lower value, so im kinda compelled to get BEE anyway, since it would be my first full size EB, and I doubt I'll find it any cheaper.

@treestar86 

If there's something you love in the Favorites set, I'd go for that, regardless of value. Don't get something you don't like just because it makes the deal "better"...it's worthless if you won't use it!

Thanks for the info on Bee...I definitely need a sniff test before considering it 🐝

@RGbrown  thanks, I should remember that. 😊 its just that w/the small sample sizes, I've been rationing them, so maybe I havent sprayed enough to see how it really works, like on my clothes, etc. #poorpeopleproblems 😅😬 but then, I didnt need to spray much of vanilla sky to realize I liked it, sooo... 🤔 but, they just changed the whole line from EDT's to EDP's, so there was speculation about whether the code would even work on the EDP, but I just tried it, and in fact, it does. 🙂  I guess the other set w/SALT would have been a safe bet, since I love that one. 🤗

EB's website offers 2 free samples (of your choice) w/any purchase...I was going to get some travel sprays (fawn and ISO gamma super, which I have yet to try) during their labor day sale, partly to get a sample of bee, and super amber. But went w/the favorites set instead.  Its too bad they dont have it in store at ulta, to test. I hope you get to try it, though!! 🤗

@RGbrown I don't feel like I need anything in particular, either.  I spent so long wishing for a 20% off, and now that I have it IDK what to do with it.  And of course I just spend $95 on 10/1, and $36 on 10/3.

I also feel like now that it's getting close to the end of the year I exceeded Platinum but won't make Diamond, so I feel like some purchases can wait until 2022...I just hope they don't make us wait too long for a 20% off sale.  Also, there is some makeup I'd like to get, but I've given up on makeup for the time being as my workplace just made us start wearing face shields again.  I bet N95s at all times will be next.

@greeneyedgirl107  same, esp. bc its only good for like a week, which is a bit annoying...I also like to wait for a good gwp and stacking, esp. the fall blanket gift, which I cant remember when it comes out, but im sure after the coupon has expired. lol. im sure they'll have more 20% off cpns around the holidays, but things may sell out by then. ;/

I'm about $100 away from diamond, and Ive been wanting to get my brows done, lol...sooo, it would be nice to get that diamond renewal gift soon, so I can use the card to get my brows done, since I hear theyre only good for like 30 days these days. ;/

@treestar86 I like to wait for a good GWP as well!  Of course, that's also done me in a couple times with the waiting and waiting only to be left kicking myself.

It seems like I got a 20% off purchase code, and a 20% single item code (I think that one is non-prestige).

@greeneyedgirl107  same! I tend to wait til after the holidays, so everything (thats left, anyway) is on clearance. lol. 😅 but if its something really good, I may have to jump on it. 😬

I use the Dermalogica rapid reveal peel and I’m almost out, so I got that. They also have a bag as a GWP right now and I’m a complete sucker for free bags, so that helped too. 

I also received a $15.00 off $50.00 coupon @itscarin. Unfortunately I will have to order on line Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Edit Face Palette - Universe because no stores that are local to me have it in stock. I am hoping to get my birthday gift and Diamond renewal gift at the same time so I may be forced into contacting customer support for assistance.

I just repurchased some Josh Rosebrook staples, but I'll probably give the oil a try now. I wish they had the minis of the masks, I'd like to try those too.

Which of the josh rosebrook items are your faves? I’m considering using my 20% to try his line. Any recommendations? 

@itscarin Im getting a Pureology conditioner.

@SportyGirly125 Have you tried purology before?

26,884 Replies
testing