Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

OMG, that's ridiculous!! I was going to get that gwp, so I put a couple products in my cart, including the Cushion Foundation that's 3 shades too dark (anything to justify a freebie). I'm glad it sold out before I placed my order because I would've been pissed to receive a deluxe sample. The problem with Ulta's CS is that they're employed  through a 3rd party call center company and are not actual employees (many I've spoken to don't even shop at Ulta....). I suspect that they're not even in a traditional call center space with supervisors, but in remote locations like their homes. This is why there's such inconsistencies in their problem resolutions.   

@maxima  I had no idea they weren't employees!  And, there are many ways to justify a freebie.  I think I know them all!

Wow, super sucky!! This makes me wonder if the response was one Ulta gave the rep or if that was just their gut response. I recently had an interaction at Sephora during the sale that really made me question what was going on. I’m rouge and wanted to make a return, saw something at the check out I wanted instead and the girl asked me if I wanted to do an exchange instead. I said sure, I’d just like to use the coupon- her response was “why you’re getting it for free?” I was dumbfounded... uh no I had to pay for the original purchase and the coupon is like one of the only benefits of being rouge. Ended up having to have a manager sort it out, boggled my mind. I do appreciate all the freebies and gwp but also companies need to adhere to their posted advertisements. I was looking at making a Lancôme purchase as well solely for the full size gwp, i would have been very upset! Part of me thinks (or at least hopes) these oversights may be related to not educating younger/new employees enough. Good luck, and please keep us posted on the final results!

@mermaid805  Wow!  I wonder if that employee realized later that if she was actually giving away free merchandise she would be fired!  And, how do you take a coupon discount off of "free?"  Sheesh.

My rep kept putting me on hold to talk to someone else or check her manual or something.  Who knows.  I'm still waiting to hear back from them via email.

@Ispend2much6 I'd be frustrated too, because their reason...

@Ispend2much6 I'd be frustrated too, because their reasoning is questionable. The incentive to buy $40 worth of Lancome was clearly worded as a full size lip gloss, so while a credit might sound good to them, they're not taking at least a few what-ifs into consideration... like how to gift a $15 credit and a deluxe sample? (I don't use Lancome, though I almost took advantage of that offer as a gift of Lancome lip products.)

Re: @Ispend2much6 I'd be frustrated too, because their reason...

@NatureGirlSD  I think you're right; that's what frustrated me, their reasoning.  It didn't sound well-reasoned, to be on the positive side.  The rep couldn't tell me if anyone received the large size at all.  She suggested I contact customer service via email, so I did.  It should be interesting!  This is the first bad customer service experience I've had with Ulta, so I can't be but so irritated.  I just felt like it was deceptive from the start, and that is one of my huge pet peeves.

Re: @Ispend2much6 I'd be frustrated too, because their reason...

@Ispend2much6 Yes, definitely stay positive and hopefully it's resolved quickly via email. I've only had one similar situation where I called first instead of emailing them, which was eventually satisfactorily resolved via email. Good luck. 🙂

For those that have achieved Diamond status, how did you get your free gift & how soon after did you receive it? I made diamond mid-April, but haven't received anything. I've been in multiple stores since, but was never offered anything.

@wwTraveler I hit Diamond last week and received the orde...

@wwTraveler I hit Diamond last week and received the order, but no welcome email or set. I emailed last night & this morning they sent me codes to use online or in-store. (Online requires a $25 minimum purchase.) I've thought about scheduling a haircut with Ulta for a while, so the $25 off salon services will be nice. ETA photos & info on what the welcome gift contains.

Re: @wwTraveler I hit Diamond last week and received the orde...

Thank you @NatureGirlSD @dapt529 @RGbrown, I reached out via email and got my code. I also picked up the gift this weekend! I got a Lipstick Queen in Ice Queen. I haven't seen this variation before!

IMG_20180505_120753.jpg

@wwTraveler Yay! I love that lipstick. How do you you like it?

@NatureGirlSD I actually haven't tried it. I'm a little scared it'll be too icy and make it look like a galactic princess. How do you like it?  

@wwTraveler Ha! Maybe you can trade it? I just ordered my welcome kit since I didn't have the BareMinerals code. I'm actually hoping I get that shade even though I was terrified of the Diamond Crush & sent it to someone here. 🙂

I never received an email either. I did contact

cs by phone, they sent me a code to add to my order to get the welcome kit. HTH.

@wwTraveler

It's a coupon that arrives via email within a few days of making Diamond. The title is "Shine Bright! You're now a Diamond Member!"

@RGbrown thanks for that info! I never got the email. All I got acknowledging that I'm diamond was the diamond perk for the DOC Hidden Treasures palette. 

Is anyone else having trouble with this gwp/know how to get it to work? I've tried both the medium and large qualifying aura sprays and neither have it showing up in the cart

mugler.png

@KaitTheKatfish It's live now. That bottle is mesmerizing...

@KaitTheKatfish It's live now. That bottle is mesmerizing. 8-)

Re: @KaitTheKatfish It's live now. That bottle is mesmerizing...

@NatureGirlSD

I do have to say, thank you for trying to help though! x) ❤️

@NatureGirlSD

Nah, still not working. Otherwise that free gift button would say "view items in offer" instead ☹️

@RGbrown @JiMi2006 @KaitTheKatfish Bleh, I should have tested it first. I got excited when I found a slightly different looking GWP list under "Gifts" on the app rather than where I normally find them under "Sale" and assumed the lists were tied together. Here's to hoping it goes live Friday, along with a nice sampler.....

26,890 Replies
testing