Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

@RGbrown

Hahahahaha oh my gosh, thank you for thinking of me! And I'm so excited to see the elusive bottle is finally available! c;

The Gorgeous Hair Event will start this Sunday, the 13th & run through Saturday, 6/2.

Kindapuffy posted scans of the entire ad (44 pages) on reddit.

UltaGorgeousHair.jpgUltaGorgeousHair2.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Can someone talk me out of getting the GHD flat iron please lol... I'm seriously thinking about getting it at half off. But it is still over $100 after tax so please.. someone enable me or stop me!! Can't make a decision.

@Anonymous Things to consider: how often do you flat iron your hair? If you only do it a few times a month, you probably don't need something so expensive and high end.

If you do it often enough, what is the current state of your iron? What brand are you using? Are you happy with it? What would you hope to get out of a different/higher end flat iron? Do the reviews bear that out?

A final thing to consider, we know Ulta does these promotions yearly/bi-yearly. If your current iron is in perfectly good shape, it will likely last until another one of these pop up. Perhaps it won't be this particular iron on sale, but they do usually do a high end flat iron. Perhaps, by that time you'll have enough points accumulated that you can justify the price? Perhaps there will be an even better one available as technology improves or the ones like this will have decreased in price?

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

Thanks for the in-depth reply!! Looks like you are very knowledgeable on hair tools so please analyze the below for me if you can. I have Asian hair, a lot of them my hair is also thick so I usually get my Japanese straightening perm once every six months and I try to stretch them out as long as I can. I recently cut my hair shorter and hence I have less weight to hold down my frizzy hair which is why I figured I prob need a flat iron. Just to ease the frizz and the sometimes unruly hair in the morning. I won’t be flat iron in my entire head but just the front and the outer layer. I have one flat iron that I barely use but also because I bought it when I was in high school and it’s just a random one. Not a great one too barely works on my hair. I’m prob gonna use the flatiron two to three times a week so I would say quite often so I want a durable one. I went to ulta and consulted the hair department they recommended me the babyliss. It is very straight and lasted a long time but I don’t find my hair shiny as when I walk out a salon many people recommended me the GHD saying it is a celeb favorite and hair comes out shiny after ironing. I’m willing to pay, pricing is not my biggest concern. I guess what I’m trying to say is that is it worth it?

Re: RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

@Anonymousit sounds like you've done your own research and due diligence on this topic. I would say just splurge and get it, esp if price isn't a big factor for you (and also it's 50% off so you can't beat that deal!). You can always return it if it doesnt produce the results you're hoping for, but I think you'll always be left wondering "what if" if you dont try it for yourself 🙂

I'm excited about the Unwash & Kenra! Unwash Conditioner...

I'm excited about the Unwash & Kenra! Unwash Conditioner is magic on my dry, color-treated mop in the summer when I need to clean my hair every night after work but don't want to strip the color. Kenra is just yummy. They have the best shine mist I've found & quick dry spray when I need to rush out the door at o'dark thirty.

No shampoo on sale (the liter ones)?? Boo - also kinda underwhelmed by this sale.

I only buy shampoo/conditioner during the liter sales and they usually occur in Dec/Jan and then Jul/Aug. Although, I do remember that during one of these hair care events they added the special on the liters but not until about halfway through, but that could have been at one of those normal liter sale times. No guarantee but keep an eye out. 

Ulta does the liter-specific deals in Jan and (Jun or Jul? One of the two). But looking through the event page, there is one day with all Matrix liters 50% off (Platinum Perk/online only)...not much considering the range they carry, but it's a small bone, at least.

I always find the hair event underwhelming too...I'm much more interested in makeup and skincare, so I look forward to those events a lot more. I see a three-week snooze ad here 😋

Dang it, I had hoped to see the Deva Curl hair mask included again.

I wish more Living Proof were included! I’m curious about the Alterna products on sale—I don’t need more hair products though; I have a year’s supply in storage!

@Danzie89 Yeah, I was hoping for at least their Phd stuff...

@Danzie89 Yeah, I was hoping for at least their Phd stuff. Somehow it really does keep your hair cleaner longer.

Re: @Danzie89 Yeah, I was hoping for at least their Phd stuff...

I like their humidity shield and anti-frizz line. I heard great things about the Phd products and would have loved an opportunity to try them out!

@Danzie89  Maybe try a trial set of Phd the next time it's offered as a Sephora reward or 20% off at Ulta? I do need to try their humidity & anti-frizz products for work since I have straight/wavy hair on top and kinky hair underneath that refuses to stay in my ponytail & under my cap for more than an hour. The only Living Proof product fail of the dozen or so I've tried was their Restore Smooth Blowout Concentrate. It did nothing but leave my hair with a ton of static. 😞

That’s a good idea! I have very porous, thick, wavy hair that gets very kinky in humidity. The humidity shield works fairly well for me but doesn’t hold up completely in extreme summer humidity.

The Butter London Serum eyeshadow offer is multi-use.  I could get it to work when I ordered an NYX Butter Lip Gloss that is on sale for $3.49, but not when I tried to purchase a $1.99 facial mask.  Of course,  I still had to pay for shipping. 

@Ispend2much6 Good deal, I hope you got a few. I've wante...

@Ispend2much6 Good deal, I hope you got a few. I've wanted to try that shadow for a while since it sounds good for my experienced lids, but couldn't justify the full price or even 20% off for one shade. Yay for perks!

Re: @Ispend2much6 Good deal, I hope you got a few. I've wante...

@NatureGirlSD  I can confirm that the Butter London liquid shadows do not emphasize eye lines.  It won't make them go away, but it doesn't emphasize them.

I actually really like the formula.  They are light, and go on lightly (no heavy color here.)  All of them are actually neutral-type shades.  The Rose shade is actually kind of a pale creamy color.  I didn't think I would like the taupe shade, since it's not an attractive color in the tube (a brownish green,) but it looks good with my skin coloring and eyes!

@Ispend2much6 Yay, I'm glad to hear they don't dry up your lids and that the taupe one works for you! I went with Rose Petal since reviews described it like you did and that's exactly what I need for my fair skin/cool undertones to get a slight natural contrast for work. (I looove Cargo's Botany Bay, which is a light pink beige, but it's also $$$ unless on sale.) 

@NatureGirlSD  Oh, I got a few, since one good thing is never enough for me (except for husbands.) 🙂  I got them for the same reason you were looking at them, my lids are also 'experienced.'  Love that!  The swatches I've seen look like they'll play nicely with my eyes.  I'll let you know!

26,890 Replies
testing