Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

@PrettyPaint  Hmmm..I wonder what's going on.  I was getting all of them also.

@Ispend2much6 If you press the issue they'll take the tim...

@Ispend2much6 If you press the issue they'll take the time to work through it by troubleshooting with other departments. Calling and talking with a CSA about an issue they're personally not familiar with can be like banging your head against a wall while cringing at bizarre excuses, whereas putting it in writing allows them to pass it along to those who know how to resolve it. (I have a low threshold for pain when it comes to dealing with bad CS after years with a company still well-known for going above and beyond to fix s*** in need of being fixed.) :-))

We’re they able to transfer all your spending and info over? Or do you just have that email just for the purpose of receiving email (like you don’t actually spend money through that account) ? @Ispend2much6

@Maria88  I didn't transfer, it was just to get more emails.  Maybe that was it; I didn't order anything through that account so I didn't get any more emails.  Which stinks.

Not one, not two, but three new multipliers tonight! 😮Screenshot_20180601-000225.png

As of now, the hair gwp is still available even though it was marked one day only (and the $175 one as well lol).

@RGbrown  Thanks for posting.  I didn't get the Philosophy or Neutrogena multiplier, even though I have purchased both, and I did get the Dolce Gabbana one, and I never buy fragrance there.

@Ispend2much6

D&G should be fairly universal since it's the Fragrance Crush for the month (though one of my sisters didn't get a Fragrance Crush multiplier one month last year, so I guess it's not necessarily 100% guaranteed).

I think I bought a Neutrogena mascara once, but couldn't swear to it. Kinda thinking I picked that up at CVS though lol. I do know it's not a brand I buy often, and that won't change even with a multiplier.

I've bought some Philosophy fragrance and bath stuff, but not sure I've ever bought skincare from them...I wind up with so many samples that I don't need to, and it's not really on my radar anyways. Perhaps it's an invitation to branch out my spending in the brand? I dunno...I wish I knew the reasoning behind who gets what.

@RGbrown @greeneyedgirl107 I've wondered if our favorites and even carts we've built up play a role in how multipliers are distributed. It could be coincidence, but I've received a few multipliers for brands with products I'd recently added to favorites and/or my cart to think about because I had no incentive to buy without a discount or multiplier.

@NatureGirlSD That's an excellent idea!  I bet you are right!  Good thinking!

Image result for bright idea gif

@RGbrown Re your comment, "I wish I knew the reasoning behind who gets what."

Here's an explanation I got from an Ulta "Guest Services Advocate" when I asked repeatedly to please be given the 5x points multiplier on Living Proof:

"...offers such the Living Proof offer are marketed and targeted to guests based on previous purchases of this specific brand. For example if one typically purchases Too Faced items, that guest may receive a brand targeted offer for bonus points or a special sale simply because they have a history of purchasing that specific brand."

I know you told me this previously, but I think it's interesting that Ulta actually confirmed it.  

However, I don't know if they also give out promotions randomly to some people as part of other marketing strategies.  I'm curious to know all their little tricks and see what I've been missing out on!

Purchase history does indeed play a role, like Ulta confirmed to you, but it's not the only factor. They've got some sort of computer algorithm that takes multiple factors into account when deciding who gets what. Buying a brand is a big part of getting a multiplier for it, but it's not always the only one. Off the top of my head, there was a multiplier for Stila relatively recently that I didn't get, even though I've bought the brand at least a couple of times. So...there's still a bit of head scratching going on from time to time  🤔

@RGbrown How complex!...and a little disheartening considering you can have a history of buying a product and not get a multiplier!  

I don't find it disheartening...to me, it's all just part of the game. I enjoy their rewards program immensely; sometimes it's hard for me tell if I shop for the products or just for the fun of it 😛 

Just remember...there is *always* another deal. 😀

I'm thinking "purchasing" history for specific branded offers might extend to the brand if there are any free gwp that are included...so as long as it's on your order? It has be something like that because i know for a fact i've gotten multipliers in the past for brands i never buy lol

Interesting...I hadn't thought about that. Things like the Beauty Breaks are classed as whatever brand is featured in the set (I think, at least...I'll definitely be watching for the next one to double check lol), so yup, I think that would probably count as buying the brand. That could explain me getting multipliers like Pureology...I've never bought it directly, but have gotten a Beauty Break or two from them.

The mixed gwp's are usually branded "variety" or "online only", so I doubt those would count for anything.

@phantompenguinx

@RGbrown The details for the hair sampler now say through the 2nd, maybe they still had a lot left or something lol.

@ohheyitscindyk

I'm actually a bit surprised it's still around...most of the gwp's have sold out way early lately (edit: except that $175 bag 😅), and it's a pretty nice set, at least in my opinion. I even picked one up when I normally skip the hair stuff altogether lol.

I'm sorry for not posting a photo; I forgot to take one earlier and I want to get this post in tonight.  All sizes, except for the ABH Brow Wiz, which is tiny, are deluxe.  The photos show the full size.

My surprise gwp bag contains:

Fekkai The One dry shampoo

FREE One More Day Dry Shampoo w/any $25 The One By Frederic Fekkai purchase

Redken Pillow Proof hair primer

Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer Spray

Becca liquid perfector in Opal

Online Only Travel Size Shimmering Skin Perfector

Lipstick Queen Mornin' Sunshine lipstick

Mornin' Sunshine Lipstick

Clinique Moisture Surge

Clinique Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator_1

Smashbox X-rated mascara

Smashbox X-Rated Mascara_1

Tarte Highlighter in Exposed

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Highlighter Exposed (nude glow)

Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil in Taupe (a good color for me!)

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Pencil Taupe

@Ispend2much6 Yay, another good one, especially the taupe...

@Ispend2much6 Yay, another good one, especially the taupe instead of brown! Thanks for sharing what was in it. After seeing just two, I'll def bite next time since I'd be able to use at least a few items. (My skin, lungs, and now my scalp are total jerks and reject most samples except makeup.)

Re: @Ispend2much6 Yay, another good one, especially the taupe...

@NatureGirlSD  Definitely try next time, if there's items you need.  

You sound like me; I have to be careful for all of those reasons also.  I'm sorry you have to be so careful.

Re: @Ispend2much6 Yay, another good one, especially the taupe...

@Ispend2much6  The upside is the money saved by not spending a little more to get GWP sets featuring brands I've reacted to before. :-))

I do love how good Ulta has been with deluxe lippies from Nars, Anastasia, Lipstick Queen, Tarte, Too Faced, & Buxom. They've saved me a ton and now I think full sizes are too big. 

26,890 Replies
testing