Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

I totally remembered that as a previous perk - and realized I havent gotten any emails for the last couple weeks. I was worried, but now that I see that it (and the other 'perks') are nothing I want, I can breathe a sigh of relief and thank ulta for the time and money I saved...lol.

and now to be annoyed that I saved my money for perk day, then went over to sephora to get the fresh items I'd been wanting, (w/the money I'm not spending on perk day, lol.) ...only to realize that they were out of stock and off sale already. welp, thanks again ulta. 😒😑

I also have stopped getting the Ulta emails. I have tried so many things to fix it like adding the promotion email to my contacts, making sure they were not being forwarded to my spam folder, logging out of the app updating it and restarting my phone. Finally I googled what may be the issue and found a few articles of many people that have had this same problem. The fix... Go onto google chrome directly to the Ulta website and log in. Go to my account and update personal information. Under your email click the subscribe button. After I did this I got an email from them again. Hope this helps others not getting the emails because I also missed the free mascara code with my order. 

@treestar86 I haven't gotten their e-mails since June 20.  I e-mailed them, and they sd they fixed it.  Still nothing...but they sd it could take up to 14 days to get them.

@treestar86 @greeneyedgirl107 

Same here. Hadn't noticed, but no emails since end of June. 

This is my 3rd time in 3 years getting bumped off the email list mysteriously. If it's only 10-14 days I'll be thrilled. Better than the months it took in the past.

@greeneyedgirl107  @treestar86  I haven't gotten Ulta promo emails since mid-March this year. I emailed them on May 3; they "reset" my account to fix it and said it could take up to 14 days; I waited til June 5 to email them again because the problem still wasn't fixed. I also sent them screenshots (of the web experience via my laptop) of my account landing page which says I'm subscribed to receive emails, and my "My Rewards" page which has an alert stating "oops, we don't have your current email address!" 🤦‍♀️ Ulta replied "We have sent this issue for further review, so our teams can look into this for you, and better assist us in helping you" and that's the last I've heard. 

Check your account to see if you're still subscribed for email. Then check your rewards page for any "haha, nope" alerts. I should also mention I subscribed for email in the app, but that hasn't made a difference. 

I still can't believe Ulta can't resolve email subscription issues, yet they had no problem fixing a much bigger account-related problem for me 2 or 3 years ago. I know different systems handle different things (I once oversaw some of the work for similar systems at my former employer) but sheesh. As mediocre as this diamond perk day is, I guess I shouldn't be so annoyed. 

@WinglessOne That was a good idea to check my alerts.  I didn't find any, but it was worth looking into.  Thanks!  🙂

@WinglessOne Your experience doesn't seem promising 😞

I had this issue a couple times in the past, and it was resolved quickly enough.  But now I feel like maybe my luck has run out.

I totally agree that this seems like a very easy problem to fix, so I'm also frustrated with the situation.

Something else weird happened.  I went to check if I was still subscribed to their e-mails the other day, and it sd my password has expired.  I was too lazy to fix it, but I just reset it now.  I wonder if they're related.  Anyhow, I just checked, and it does say that I am subscribed...

@greeneyedgirl107  It's happened once or twice to me before, too. This time it's taking very long to fix. I wonder if they've switched to a new mail system for promos. (I do still get order confirmation and shipping notification emails, but I assume those are generated by different systems, or at least have different triggers, than the promo emails.) My password didn't expire in March, so I'm confident that's not a factor—not in my case, anyway. 🙂 

On your My Rewards page (via Ulta's site, not the app), scroll down and look below the Points History section. You should see an Alerts section. If you see an alert about Ulta not having your current email address, then you might have the same problem I have. 

Funny: I just checked my own rewards page again and now the alerts are empty. That means either 1) they fixed it (haha, won't hold my breath) or 2) there's some weird glitch happening where this "subscribed but not really subscribed" conflict appears and disappears from my account. Could also be a server load balance issue if it's just the display of that info disappearing from my rewards page (while the actual problem of not getting email persists). Sigh... Hopefully this gets resolved for everyone experiencing it. 

@WinglessOne oh also, I remember last time unchecking the 'subscribe to emails' thing (since mine still says I'm getting them), and then re-checking it worked...but I'm not sure if you need to wait a while in between...and since I just emailed them and they said they'd fix it, Idk if that would interfere, so I guess I'll just wait and see...

@greeneyedgirl107 @alexalicious @WinglessOne  yeah this is the 2nd time its happened...didnt notice/care at first, bc I was trying not to spend money lol...but I want my diamond perk emails, dammit!! 😠

yeah it is ridiculous that it keeps happening to so many ppl...its almost like they dont really want our money, or something... 🤔😒

and it also made me think, isnt the 10x pts. coming up soon?? (at least, when its supposed to be...is it August? I know it was late last year...) 🤔 thats also why I was worried, need the emails for that, lol. 😜

@treestar86 Yes - I really want to get my e-mails before the 10x point event.  Plus, I'm missing out on the targeted e-mails (not that I ever really got those anyway).  I totally hear you about wanting the Diamond codes.  That's a big perk of being Diamond, and I'd sure want if even if I wasn't buying anything.  Like you said in another post, at least you could have given it away.

@treestar86  Right? At this point, it's the principle of the matter. I'm a diamond member and I want my bleepin' diamond perks emails! So what if I'm trying not to spend much more money... I still want my diamond codes and random coupon codes and stuff. 

I've been a member of Ulta's rewards program since 2002, but I've shopped there since the 1990s when they were still called Ulta3. It's been fun to watch Ulta evolve, rebrand, and gain more "premium" makeup brands, but their customer service hasn't kept pace. I don't mean the folks who actually interact with customers. I mean the systems that handle customer accounts and the people who maintain/upgrade those systems. I suppose Ulta might still be suffering some pandemic-related issues. But a small thing like missing promo emails is no longer so small when it's happened multiple times in the past few years and makes customers miss out on discounts. I'm currently $900 away from reDiamonding and probably won't do it til later this year (if at all), since I don't want to buy anything when I know I should be getting promos to reduce my cost. I highly doubt I'm the only customer with this mindset. 😂🤦‍♀️ So... if Ulta's trying to push me toward their competitors, they're succeeding. 

@WinglessOne Exactly! and I would have given the code away, since I wasnt going to order, anyway...so someone could have enjoyed it.  but yeah its the principle...I/we are spending our money to get those perks, so we should get them, darn it!! (along w/the 'targeted' offers nonsense...they need to stop that, too. lol.)

yeah, I noticed I'm only $50 from rouge.  sephora has really stepped it up (some) and at least they listened to their customers (kinda) by offering extra points and stuff, which make me want to shop more.

without emails to be notified of beauty breaks and perk day, there isnt as much incentive to shop at ulta. ;/

@treestar86 @ Appreciation day (10x) is usually August. There is also usually a 10x palette day near the end of October.

In years past I want to say they also had a 10x day early in the year like Feb that had a bunch of drug store brands but haven't seen that happen in a couple of years. It's usually when I would stock up on treehut, sheamoisture, and earth therapeutics.

Ulta has been really tanking in the past year with they "perks" totally agree with all the above comments, but their customer service has become atrocious. I think the call bank people try and are mostly nice, but I can't believe the level of misinformation, over promising, totally not delivering at all I've dealt with. No "thank you for being a loyal customer" like they used to say. Definitely a lot of room for improvement.

@alexalicious agree, its really sad how most dont even seem to know anything, ESPECIALLY perk day!!! like, it happens every month...you'd think they would at least educate and train the ppl, since, you know, usually the most loyal customers are supposed to be taken care of the most. 

@treestar86  Indeed!

I had two different CS people promise up and down I was eligible for that 1000 bonus points offer and that they would be manually added later if they did not post, so spend I did (back in the beginning of this year) only to be told no points for you. =Strike 1

I had an order wipe out my 2000 points redemption while processing and charged me $125 on my cc unexpectedly. Of course there is no way to cancel an order or fix this, that's too high of a standard. So instead the CS argues and insists it's not possible to spend 2000 points in one online purchase, he told me I was just wrong and they don't have issues processing orders, despite the fact that I spend 2000 points on line regularly. How rude!!! = Strike 2

I have been a customer service agent, I'm consciously polite, respectful and gracious. I do empathize that it can be a difficult, thankless job. So I'm heavily appreciative when merited, but seriously what is going on there?!!

Ulta seems to have outsourced to a call center most likely outside the US and it shows. They don't know Ulta's customers or polices, and they don't have a clue what they are talking about. As nice as some of CS reps are, although I'm sure it's motivated in part by the survey, they are just making stuff up and that is NOT ok. 👎👎

Don't even get me started on them not including gwps in shipments or pulling the bait and switch. 

I'm so close to giving up on Ulta. Diamond has lost its sparkle, this was maybe the weakest perks day yet (did any of the gwps even go oos?) Nope. And those 3 $85 gwp bags are still available so that tells you something.

Thankfully Sephora has really stepped it up and it's been easier to make Rouge because if it. 👏They definitely have the better brands! (PMG 😱)

@alexalicious omg, yeah, I spent to try to get that 1,000 pt offer too...no one told me I'd get it, but I figured that it seemed like it was supposed to be for all members, so I should get it if I spent that much, right!?!? wrong. ;/

that and all the other 'targeted offers' and lack of bonus points this year have really been underwhelming...

if it wasnt for them getting more and more of the sephora brands, I dont think there'd be much reason to shop there...but sephora seems to be making a comeback. thanks to ulta dropping the ball lately.

yeah I was finally able to get some PMG lippies when they were on sale - those little mini trios for like $12 were adorable!!

I love the sephora favorites sets too.

@RGbrown A couple more, not positive about the buy-ins.

Free with $25 hair:

UltaAGHairPerk.jpg

Free with $15 NYX:

UltaNYXPerk.jpg

@ohheyitscindyk 

🎶You are my sunshine  🌞

ETA: buy-in confirmed!

The only other thing to add to this (so far) disappointing Perk Day is 10% cashback via Rakuten😕

@RGbrown and @ohheyitscindyk are superstar deal sleuths, as always! 🤩

@civ2ru 

Ooohhh, thanks! 10% is a nice little bonus!

Disappointing overall, yup, though I have been eyeing the Ulta lotions for a bit now...some of the scents look interesting this season!

26,885 Replies
testing