Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

My Exuviance Radiance Serum diamond code's up for grabs (please comment when used): EDIT - apparently someone used it but didn't comment to let others know. 

I like a couple other Exuviance products, but this one would be redundant in my skincare routine and I have no immediate plans to swap products. Plus, my reactive skin probably won't like the 4 fragrance components in this serum. 

But it's a decent (though pricey) option for folks who need vitamin C (in an oil soluble form), a hydration boost, and mild chemical exfoliation. Exuviance calls out vitamin A, but it's retinyl palmitate which hasn't been clinically shown to be nearly as effective as, say, retinol. Not sure it'd be good or bad to use retinyl palmitate alongside another vitamin A product you might have (tretinoin, retinaldehyde, retinol, granactive retinoid, adapalene, etc.). 🤷‍♀️ Also, beware that it's still possible to over-exfoliate with gentle mandelic acid and PHA; I don't recommend using this serum daily, and definitely not twice a day. A broken skin barrier is super unpleasant. 

Girl same, I can't use vitamin C on my face and I already have an amazing skin care routine. This serum wouldn't work with. Great gift for some people but I prefer makeup GWP's. 

In case someone hasn't given up their code, I could use it. And TIA. 🙂

@WinglessOne thanks for the review!! I was wondering if this would be as beneficial for a mid 30 something, or if I should sell it on eBay, cuz I could certainly use the money, and I already have some vitamin C serums, including the one that was a perk a few months ago... also I haven't used retinol, but I did start using Herbivores Bakuchiol serum and love it...so would it not be good to use this one during the day, if I use the Bakuchiol at night? (Or something else, like Good Genes) 🤔 Also, should everyone be using retinol for anti aging as they get older? Or is the Bakuchiol good enough? 

@treestar86  If both serums didn't contain PHA, I'd say you could use this Exuviance serum during the day and your Herbivore serum at night, or even layer the 2 serums if you wanted. But they do both contain PHA. It's a gentle exfoliant and some folks claim they can use it daily without irritation. I still recommend treating it like a gentle AHA (use just 1-3 times a week), but people can do whatever they want based on their own skin's tolerance level. 

For preventative anti-aging, sunscreen's more important than retinol or any other form of vitamin A. That's the main thing everyone should use whenever their skin's exposed to sunlight, all year long, even if they're wearing a wide brimmed had and sunglasses and/or sitting in a car with the windows up (unless the car windows are covered with UV blocking film; glass doesn't block UVA rays). 

But there's probably no harm in starting retinol if you want, as long as your skin tolerates it and you start off slowly (1-2 times a week for a few weeks, then ramp up to 2-3 times a week, and so on) to avoid irritating the heck out of your skin. There aren't enough clinical studies yet that show bakuchiol's as effective as retinol at boosting collagen production. So, you're kinda being a guinea pig when you use bakuchiol as a retinol alternative. (Just as I and many others were willing guinea pigs when we used granactive retinoid, aka HPR, a retinoid ester that also lacks enough study to back efficacy claims.) If you find it works well for you and causes no irritation, you might wanna stick with it. But if you decide to add a retinol, you can use it alongside bakuchiol: a study found that bakuchiol can help stabilize retinol, and the 2 ingredients shouldn't fight each other. Just be mindful of other ingredients in both products to make sure you're not overloading your skin with too much of something else. 🙂 

@WinglessOne Thank you!! 🤗

Ah, I wasn't familiar with PHA. Guess I need to look at ingredients more...I actually just have the mini bottles that were a freebie a few years ago...so I think it's the original version...Idk if that has the PHA? I wasn't sure if it would even still work, but I did notice an immediate improvement, so I guess it does!? And I love the feel of it...kinda slimy, but in a good way. Lol

Ive gotten better at wearing sunscreen...but I just found out that bakuchiol doesn't have the same issues as retinol and other actives, with the sun!! Which is a major plus!! 

I'll have to use this up before I see if I wanna try something else...I have a mini of Luna oil though...so I could use that on top of the Bakuchiol serum? 🤔

@treestar86  No problem! PHA = poly hydroxy acid. It's gentler than AHAs, so it's a good chemical exfoliant for folks with sensitive skin. Of the AHAs, mandelic acid's the gentlest exfoliant. Both of those are in the Exuviance serum. 

I think the Sunday Riley Luna oil contains not retinol but HPR, aka granactive retinoid. That's a derivative of vitamin A that's claimed to work as quickly as tretinoin (because HPR supposedly needs no skin cell conversion to an active retinoic acid form before our bodies can use it) with less irritation. I've used a few different HPR + retinol combo products before with good, but very gradual, results. I personally can't use that Luna oil because it also contains a ton of essential perfuming oils that'd burn my face off. But if your skin's not sensitive to essential oils, you might as well give it a shot. Just know that if it irritates your skin, the cause could be HPR or any one of those essential oils, or really any other ingredient in the product. 

Oh, and retinol/vitamin A doesn't really make skin sensitive to sunlight, if that's what you meant by retinol having issues with the sun. It also doesn't thin out skin. Vitamin A itself is sensitive to sunlight, much like vitamin C. But just as you can use ascorbic acid in the morning under sunscreen, you can use retinol in the morning if you want. AHAs like mandelic acid (and glycolic acid, and lactic acid) will make your skin sun-sensitive though, which is why the FDA wants brands to put warning statements on AHA products reminding folks to always apply sunscreen to protect against that sensitivity. 

It looks like someone used the code already.

@WinglessOne thank you for your super thoughtful and informed comment about the product and ingredients. A great reminder if not enlightening about being careful exfoliating.

I really appreciated your perspective!

Any encouragement or reminder to slow down and become a more thoughtful consumer is going to get my applause.👍👏

(even if the skincare items still hook me nearly everytime.)

@writtenonpaiges thank you so much! You made my day 😊

Hoping this will replace my discontinued PTR toner/serum. You rock!

Hey there, here’s mine! 5QM9Z4UM02

Hi everyone. Here is my Exuviance Radiance Serum code: 5QM9Z1MRK2

Please comment when used. 

Used your code. Thank you very much for sharing it! 

The way I jumped on this serum almost as soon as that email arrived! 🤣 If more Diamond freebies had been like this, I might have considered it for another year.

magda124_0-1659388546701.png

Emails are out! Last deal:

UltaSettingSprayPerk.png

Don't forget the afternoon perk! That Exuviance serum is very nicely rated. 😁

One afternoon deal:

UltaCeraVeAcnePerk.jpg

There's a new gwp up for the afternoon, item 2585386

"Select" purchase is defined as "GrandeHair purchase" in the details

Screenshot_20220801-143650.png

I had to contact customer service again because I haven’t received  emails for months. They reset me again for the fourth time. They gave me the Diamond code for Clinique and also gave me a code for Exuviance Radiance Serum that will be active later today with a $25 purchase.

@Imightneedthis okay well that serum is worth over $70 and has some fantastic reviews so I think I'm going to wait around for that one. Thanks for the tip!

I'm glad they gave you the codes as a way to try and makeup for that email hassle. Just out of curiosity, is the Elemis code they gave you just for Diamond members? (Drat if it is! I'm barely hanging on via Platinum!) TIA 🙂

@Harobedb  The Elemis is a gwp if you spend $20 on that brand. They gave me an Exuviance radiance serum code which they told me would activate later today. I’m not sure if it’s Diamond and platinum both since I’m Diamond . Sorry, I didn’t ask.

26,880 Replies
testing