Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

Olaplex will be expanding from just the salon to the retail shelves in January!

Screenshot_20211129-132114.png

SANTA BARBARA, Calif., Nov. 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Olaplex Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: OLPX) (“OLAPLEX” or the “Company”), an innovative, science-enabled, technology-driven beauty company focused on delivering patent-protected premium hair care products to professional hair salons, retailers, and everyday consumers, today announced the expansion of its distribution with Ulta Beauty. Building on OLAPLEX's success with its recent launch of professional hair products in Ulta Beauty salons, the Company’s retail products will be available at each of the leading beauty retailers’ more than 1,250 stores and on ulta.com beginning January 2022.

“We are thrilled to expand our successful salon partnership with the introduction of our innovative, bond-building prestige haircare retail product offering at Ulta Beauty,” said JuE Wong, OLAPLEX president and chief executive officer. “Guests visiting Ulta Beauty salons have experienced the benefits of OLAPLEX. And, as we launch in January, they will find our products for purchase at the front of the store allowing them to achieve their hair goals with each home use. This expansion compliments our current specialty retail presence, further advancing our positioning as a leader in haircare. We believe this represents another indication of the strong momentum we have as we enter 2022.”

"We are thrilled to extend our partnership and introduce even more guests to OLAPLEX with this exciting announcement," says Monica Arnaudo, chief merchandising officer, Ulta Beauty. "Staying close to our guest is paramount and we’ve heard their desire for more OLAPLEX products. The brand has already had a tremendously positive impact in our salon offerings, and we cannot wait to see that passion grow as we launch the products within our assortment in every Ulta Beauty store across the country and online.”

The Company noted that the expansion of its retail products into Ulta Beauty was already reflected in the previously disclosed fiscal 2021 guidance provided on November 10, 2021.

About OLAPLEX

OLAPLEX is an innovative, science-enabled, technology-driven beauty company with a mission to improve the hair health of its consumers. A revolutionary brand, OLAPLEX paved the way for a new category of hair care called “bond-building,” the process of protecting, strengthening and rebuilding broken bonds in the hair during and after hair services. The brand’s products have an active, patent-protected ingredient that works on a molecular level to protect and repair hair from damage. OLAPLEX’s award-winning products are sold through a global omni-channel platform serving the professional, specialty retail, and direct-to-consumer channels.

@RGbrown yes, so happy to hear this! I wonder if they will be excluded from prestige coupons, I feel like the often are on other websites. Glad to know I’ll be able to pick them up with points at least.

Here are all the afternoon CM sale additions!

23% off The Ordinary

30% off Lancôme all fragrance

20% off Pureology holiday kits

30% off Hempz holiday collection

50% off Bed Head styling & finishing

30% off Kylie Cosmetics

50% off Ulta Beauty Smarts

50% off Dermablend cover care concealer

30% off The Body Shop holiday collection

30% off Proactiv select skincare

40% off IROHA entire brand 

Déjà vu! Just like the same time last year, The Body Shop gift sets are suddenly showing as 30% off! Must be part of the afternoon CM additions.

C344BB87-DFE4-4313-95A0-BE76DA30405A.jpeg

CM has been up for several hours, but here are the gwps for reference

Screenshot_20211129-014233.png

Screenshot_20211129-014242.png

Screenshot_20211129-014254.png

Screenshot_20211129-014302.png

Screenshot_20211129-014312.png

Screenshot_20211129-014321.png

Screenshot_20211129-014331.png

Screenshot_20211129-014339.png

Holiday Beauty Blitz is up!

We'll have 4 weeks of deals, different items each week. This week there are 32 items; prices are still updating, but here are a couple that are featured on the front page of the app

Screenshot_20211128-000345.png

This week's Member Appreciation multiplier is for cardholders

Screenshot_20211128-000146.png

This week's coupon is 5off15

Screenshot_20211128-000217.png

The bonus eReward card deal is back

Screenshot_20211128-000404.png

Cyber Monday starts tonight at 7pm central! (and the page is up now for previews! ulta dot com/cybermonday)

Screenshot_20211128-000209.png

Hello everyone. My $10 off $40 including prestige code is 5P02Z2WHW01. Please comment when used. 😃

Hiya, here's another 10off40 code Ulta sent me this morning. Shop well! 5P02Z21JJPB

One more $10 off $40 code

Spoiler

Here's my $10off$40 coupon

Spoiler
5P02Z5PUVCG

Here is my 10 off 40 code up for grabs.

Spoiler

@RGbrown @ohheyitscindyk Do you happen to recall if Ulta Beauty Finds remain 50% off by Cyber Monday? I have a smallish cart with a few for gifts, but I’m not inspired to place order today if they could still be 50% off come CM. Might fill out a much more fun cart then.

@RGbrown @ohheyitscindyk Thank you for your 2 cents! I think I’ll hold off in the hopes of more excitement later.

@civ2ru I don't think they did last year, unfortunately 😞 The fragrance ones were on sale, but not 50% off, more like 35% off.

@civ2ru 

I really don't remember, sorry! Even if they do go back up though, I'd imagine it would be short-lived...the sole purpose of these seems to be "let's price it a bit high so we can pretend the half off sale is a steal" 😋

I'm anxious for CM too...I always find better deals on stuff I want...BF never catches my attention much.

@RGbrown  isnt that the same w/all pricing, though? lol 🤔😂

so perk day will not be on CM?

(I keep forgetting when the last perk day was, to see when the next one is...since it was always the 1st monday, but now they have them a week before or after, so its hard to tell...) 🤔

@treestar86 In the past, they've moved Perk Day to Wednesday so that it's not on the same day as CM. Also, you can always check the spreadsheet regarding Perk Day 🙂 @RGbrown went through & noted when each future Perk Day will most likely be, given that Ulta goes by week numbers & usually follows the same schedule.

@ohheyitscindyk ah ok, thanks. 🙂

I was dumb and thought the 12% at rakuten would last all weekend, but since it's now back to 3%, and the gwp I wanted is now out of stock, I dont think I will be making a purchase, so here is my coupon:

Spoiler

oh, guess I have 2:

Spoiler
5P02Z16Y9N6

10off40, please post if used

5P02ZQADXYA

My $10 off $40 code is up for grabs (expires tonight): 

Spoiler
5P02ZUSMSAP

Please comment if you used it, so other folks won't also try to use it. 

And hey, I'm finally getting Ulta promo emails again: 

Spoiler
After monthly rounds of "gee thanks Customer Service, but your attempt to 'reset' my account clearly hasn't worked since May so you know, maybe forward this issue to a team that can actually resolve it," my problem finally got escalated to Ulta's tech/dev team in September. I was told they'd need to tweak some system settings to figure out what was happening. Looks like they solved it: I started getting promo email sometime last month. 

In my last email (before the dev team got involved), I got politely salty about Ulta's frequent and recurring system glitches compared to Sephora and Target's lack of glitches (for me, anyway), and how Ulta's glitches have pushed me to spend more money at Sephora this year despite Ulta having the better rewards program. I might've also told them there's no way I'd ever apply for their credit card, because who knows what kinds of system issues I'd have there. I definitely mentioned I'm not the only customer who's ever had this no-email problem, so hopefully they didn't treat this as a one-off issue and will look into other impacted accounts—though I suppose they'll need folks to complain before they'll know which accounts are affected. 

So if you or someone you know has also been mysteriously kicked off the promo email list, and Ulta said they'd reset your account, and 14-30 days later you still didn't receive promo email, then hound the hell out of Ulta. Take a look at your online account settings in the app and on the website. If you notice anything weird, particularly with your email subscription settings (on the web version, remember to check your rewards landing page to see if you have any "we don't have your email address" alerts even though a different account page and the app say you're subscribed; that's the bug I noticed with my account), take screenshots and send them to Ulta. I did this once a month from May to September. 

Now I'm getting AAAALLLL the promo emails. A dam broke somewhere in Ulta's email system and now my inbox is frequently flooded with promos. Reminds me of the time I ordered 3 glass-jarred candles and one of them broke during shipment (y'all know how poorly Ulta pads their packages), and I complained to Ulta for literally sending me a box of very slippery glass shards, and they sent me a replacement candle that was padded in 5-10 layers of bubblewrap. 🤣 Sometimes it pays to be That Customer, as long as you're reasonably polite about it. 

I probably won't re-Diamond this year and I'm okay with that. I never spend just to reach Diamond anyway. But as I told Ulta, all the promos and personalized offers/coupons I've missed out on this year have negatively impacted the amount of money I spend there. 🤷‍♀️ Eh, Platinum is fine, and I still have a large amount of points to use up, so whatever. 

@WinglessOne @RGbrown I started receiving ulta emails again months ago, shortly after I notified them.  Sorry yours took so long!! ☹️ It def. sucks missing out on all those deals, which like you said, those 'targeted' offers, and the ones I missed out on, definitely did cause me to shop and spend less there, compared to Sephora, where I rouged much earlier!! I'm starting to prefer Sephora much more now, esp. their favorites sets, since now the perfume ones can be redeemed online, so I was finally able to try those as well, and w/the 20% off, it ends up being a pretty good deal...those gwp's which Ulta was famous for, as evidenced here, often arent as advertised, which causes a lot of frustration, and one to be much less inclined to place an order, when they were a main reason to shop there, instead of sephora...along w/the targeted offers, and bonus pts., which often dont even include everything they're supposed to...I can see why ppl prefer Sephora as the classier, more straightforward retailer.

But about those candles...lol. 😏 I do try to get them in store, when available (and lugging them home can be just as treacherous, esp. on bike...lol), but have ordered several online, and never had any damaged...the 4 I just ordered were all individually bubble wrapped. Maybe theyve improved their candle handling practices? 

@treestar86  In previous years, Ulta’s “account reset” did fix my recurring no-email problem. But it didn’t this time. I think I’ve said it before in this thread but: I’m surprised promo email is such a common and hard problem for Ulta to permafix, especially considering how quick and easy it was for them to fix my bigger problem (a few years ago) of 2 account numbers/IDs for the same email address. Anyway, I’m glad you’ve been getting emails again! 

And yeah, I don’t chase Ulta’s big GWP bags anymore. Most aren't worth the buy-in. If I notice a bag allegedly contains a couple samples I’m interested in, and I know my order will meet or exceed the buy-in anyway, then I’ll add it to cart and just give away or donate all the samples I don’t care about. That’s usually 50-75% of the bag contents, and sometimes the bag itself. 😄 

@RGbrown  I've given up on Ulta's candle brand unless I can buy candles at a local store. Nearly each time I ordered candles from Ulta, the shipping box had a single sheet of bubble wrap lining just the bottom of the box—because you know, mail carriers never flip, set, stack, or drop boxes upside down or on their sides instead of right-side up—and the only other paddings were air pillows (air-filled plastic bags). Those air pillows can shift around in transit, and any sharp edge in the box like, oh, 1-100 glass shards, will deflate them. The only time I’ve received an Ulta candle individually wrapped in bubblewrap or other good padding (excluding other brands’ candles that had their own brand-made protective packaging) was then they sent me a replacement. Oh, and all my Ulta candles had taped lids. 🤣 It's hard enough to safely remove candles from a box full of slippery wax and glass shards, without also having to peel tape off the lids of survivors. 

@ohheyitscindyk  I’m sure packaging quality depends on which warehouse fulfills orders. I’ve said that about Sephora, too. I keep forgetting to check which warehouse sends me things in padded envelopes instead of boxes… note to self. It’d be great if packaging practices were consistent among all Ulta’s (and Sephora’s) warehouses. You’d think common sense would prompt folks to individually wrap large glass items like jarred candles in bubble wrap, even without a consistent “how to pad boxes” manual. But here we are. 
6 Replies
testing