Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

@WinglessOne  totally, and they tested a broad sampling of popular sunscreens but not all and they may not have data for sunscreen you purchased last year or so ago.

I think having the information out there is good, empowering your choices.

If I were putting it on my baby or my mom whos had cancer I'd be more careful, but less concerned for myself as an example of how personal acceptance of risk tolerance might vary person to person.

If you smoke, sit in traffic with your windows down, pump gas, etc you probably inhale benzene.

One could argue there are lots of chemicals in the products we use everyday, but maybe the awareness will push companies to improve quality, manufacturing practices and be more careful in sourcing ingredients. Hopefully.

EWGdotorg is a fantastic resource for seeing what risks are associated with ingredients and how safe products are overall.

Some sunscreens also contain ingredients with hormone disruptors that can impact thyroid and fertility too, so if those things are of concern to you it's worth looking into.

Thankfully there are plenty of "clean" ingredient options to choose from so there is something for everyone.

@alexalicious  Oh, I wasn’t disagreeing that the info should be out there for folks to find. I was simply clarifying that this is a batch contamination issue, not a brand-specific or product-line-specific issue. 

I’m sure there are brands (beauty industry and beyond) that could use manufacturing and sourcing improvements. But the general presence of chemicals in products is not a bad thing at all. Everything—including the human body—is made of chemicals, so there’s no argument about whether or not everyday products contain lots of chemicals. 🙂 They absolutely do. So do all the foods we eat. Honey is loaded with chemicals. I like to think of honey bees as tiny chemists. 

The EWG… and "dangerous" chemical sunscreen ingredients... well 
Spoiler
I have no confidence in the EWG. I’m not convinced they truly base things on science, beyond reading the abstracts of cherry-picked studies, some of which are problematic. Also, their rating system is whacky and I gave up trying to figure it out last year. They seem to have a bias toward certain brands (who I’m guessing have contributed in some way to the EWG), such that a “dangerous” ingredient might get a pass and even a less dangerous rating when included in certain brands’ products. Last time I checked, they rated petrolatum as "dangerous" as a 4 on their 1 (safest) to 10 (worst) scale, but mineral oil got a 1—which is funny because mineral oil is distilled from petrolatum, and both ingredients are safe and highly beneficial. Granted, I haven't checked in a year or 2 so maybe they've changed that, I dunno. But good grief. 

And I wish the EWG (and various clean beauty brands/groups) would stop fear-mongering about chemical sunscreens. The FDA has not said chemical sunscreen ingredients are dangerous. They’ve asked for more data on them so they can decide if those ingredients are GRASE (Generally Recognized As Safe and Effective), like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. It’s worth noting that there are 2 sunscreen ingredients the FDA does consider non-GRASE… one is PABA and I forget the other one, but both are illegal in the US. 

If the FDA could beat snails in a 50 yard dash, maybe Americans could have nice things like the newer chemical sunscreen ingredients found in Japanese products. But for now: as long as I’m not skin-sensitive to the ingredients in my chemical sunscreens (be they American or Japanese), I have no plans to stop using them unless they’re definitively proven dangerous. 
Of course, everyone is free to use whichever effective sunscreen they want. The important thing is that everyone use one on any skin that's exposed to UV rays. 👍 

[EDIT: corrected autocorrect’s “shouldn’t” to “should” in first paragraph.]

Second Friday in a row where we’re seeing a beauty break! I wonder if it’s a beginning of a new trend?

@civ2ru 

It's "Summer Fri-YAY" time! I'd wager there'll be some sort of deal or gwp every Friday for the next few weeks 😁

Screenshot_20210611-120319.png

This is the current choice of Diamond member gifts for reaching that level, in case anyone is close and needs a push. 🙂 The Urban Decay All Nighter Primer and the IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream are travel size, the Kenra is the 3.4 oz smaller size, and my email doesn't state that the Clinique foundations are full size so I assume they are.

Screenshot_2021-06-11 Cosmetics, Fragrance, Skincare and Beauty Gifts Ulta Beauty.png

@Ispend2much6 @I don’t like any of them 😞

Ditto. @SportyGirly125  

I just picked the most expensive one to knock down the spend on the gwp bag with a massive buy-in. I think I got that $175 gwp bag for $18 after the diamond gift coupon, points, and buy more save more items.

I would have rather had a $30 coupon to spend on anything. (2.5 cents per $1 spent on $1200 seems fair but not generous on beauty purchases)

Better yet, if they improved the free diamond perk: only offer prestige brands and preferably new releases or best sellers. And if they really wanted to be extra, bonus points or a % off discount on the featured diamond perk brand.

Not likely, but a girl can dream.

@SportyGirly125   I'm sorry!  They wouldn't be my first choice to purchase either, but I will say I have the Tarteist Double Take Eyeliner in Black and I really like it.  It holds up well plus if I mess up with the liquid end (which I do,) I can cover it with the solid end.  The Clinique Even Better foundation is pretty nice too for a light foundation.  That surprised me, a lot.

@Ispend2much6 @I mean if I had to pick one because it’s free for qualifying I would get the Tarte eyeliner but I wish you could just pick your own gift in a certain price range. You are spending $1200 to become a Diamond member. Give us one of the Diamond spend $125 bags or something for free. 

@SportyGirly125. I like that idea. Let us choose something within a certain price range.

New app exclusive deal

Screenshot_20210611-000951.png

And a couple of other deals, perhaps not super exciting, but maybe noteworthy to some

Screenshot_20210611-001033.png

Ah, hello disappointment, my old friend. I thought I had managed to avoid you this time, but no, Ulta managed to sneak you in even after doing a pretty nice job with the $160 bag. 😐

Frank Body 3pc set🙄 Hopefully y'all's will be complete!

IMG_20210610_133935490.jpg

The hair set was mostly right though, subbing an Alterna CC Cream for the Alterna mist

IMG_20210610_134059164.jpg

@RGbrown  oh nooo. 😕  I still think its a good gwp though, w/the full size lip tint and sizeable scrub...I mainly wanted it for the lip tint (and im not sure how a coffee scalp srub would work, anyway... 🤔), so we'll see how mine shapes up when it arrives...

sorry yours was dissapointing, though...could be another opportunity for a $15 gc? 😏

@treestar86 

Nah, I never raise a ruckus over missing items from a gwp. I've learned over the years that they are prone to inconsistencies, and I just temper my expectations going into an order. Ulta has lost a decent amount of my money over it, as I rarely rush to grab a gwp when it's only got one or two things I want anymore, since I assume there's a good chance they'll be missing before ordering. Now I try to judge the gwp based on the stuff I don't care about and decide if the hassle of destashing the rest is worth the risk. 

I couldn't even remember what item was missing, so apparently I didn't want it all that badly to begin with 🤣 Scalp scrub, you say? Yeah, I wouldn't have used it, so I'm not terribly upset. 

The Skinfatuation gwp is up!

Item number 2584972

Screenshot_20210610-000433.png

Screenshot_20210610-000440.png

Wow for quick shipping...got my $160 bag today! All in all, I have to say I'm pleased. It's missing two items from the list, but we all know Ulta rarely gets it right, and the two that are missing? I didn't care about them anyways. I got the items I wanted, and since that almost never happens, I'm perfectly content with what I did get!

Screenshot_20210607-064706.png

IMG_20210609_210607995.jpg

Missing items:

KVD eyeliner (I don't wear black liquid liners anyways)

St Tropez Purity Face Tan stuff (I don't use self tanner either)

I only got one sub, but it's a fantastic item that I'm happy to have: this works deep sleep pillow spray 💕

Missing bondi beach and micellar water in mine. Eh. Meh. 

Would have been nice to get a couple of subs, but not today. Ulta has been bad about that this year.

The Buxom plumpshot, Nars bronzer, and Mr. big mascara are always nice to have. Super mini Mac fixed plus always tickles me.

Haircare and face cleanser heavy gwp, but a couple of items I haven't seen in a gwp bag: mega babe thigh rescue and kopari body mask.

Bag feels cheap like shower curtain material, but it's thick and sturdy and should hold your sunscreens and aloe perfectly if you want to toss it in your beach bag.

@alexalicious 

The MAC threw me for a loop...I'd never seen one that size before and hadn't paid attention to the size in the listing. It's better than the perfume sample size ones they gave out last year or the year before though!

I'm kinda appalled at the 5ml cleanser from P&L...I expect that size from a sample serum, but for a cleanser? It may as well be a packet...that's 2 or 3 uses. I was excited to try it, but I'm borderline annoyed with how tiny it is now.

Shower curtain, yes! I was trying to think of what it reminded me of, and all I could come up with was windbreaker, but that wasn't quite right 😋 

@RGbrown @alexalicious  exactly...these tinier and tinier samples really annoy me...I try to avoid them at all costs lol.  (which is funny cuz I usually like small things, lol...and love collecting perfume mini's.)  but yeah, for certain things, its just annoying...like the 0.5 oz BODY wash sample in the recent kopari BB.  I just laughed and was like ugh, WHAT!?!? no thanks...I have a face wash from them thats like half the size...ended up on the floor buried somewhere, after using it and trying to take off the tiny cap in the shower without it flying somewhere or going down the drain...lol.  its also annoying that its usually the higher priced companies that are so stingy w/their samples. 😒

@RGbrown yes those fix+ samples were indeed Barbie sized. 

Hilarious that Ulta would send barbie makeup. I think that should've won some sort of ridiculous award. Lmfao

Who are those for?! Fairy folk?

I don't understand, why make plastic waste if the samples are going to be so small. 

@RGbrown  SO amazed your order got to you so quickly! I live near Ulta’s HQ, and my bag is shipping from California so it’ll be awhile…I’m anxiously awaiting to see if my GWP bags are complete!

1 Reply
testing