Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

Congratulations! I'm a first time mom due in May so if you feel like sharing any wisdom (or must registry items) I'm all ears!

@mwg1The biggest piece of advice I have is that the first two weeks post partum are the worst weeks of your life.  You can't imagine the physical and psychological stress.  I was literally running around trying to get stuff done: laundry, diapers, bottles, and taking care of myself -- like going to the bathroom, brushing my teeth, washing my face, that was all a luxury to me.  I was very hormonal and freaking out over every little thing.  I didn't have time to eat or drink water, either.  Everyone told me the lack of sleep was bad, but to me the sleep deprivation was secondary to the psychological stress of: am I going to kill this baby?!

I talked to one of my friends who has a baby afterwards about it and she said she cried every day for the first two weeks post partum.  I think I was just about the same.  I found a tick on my dog and started bawling hysterically.  I was overwhelmed by all the administrative stuff I had to do -- booking the pediatrician's appointment, and then I also had to book a pediatric cardiologist appointment per the hospital's recommendation, but the pediatric cardiologist who saw him at the hospital didn't have a business card and I couldn't remember his name.  So I was calling all over the hospital to try and figure out what doctor's office I was supposed to go to.  My hospital really dropped that ball on that.  I spent hours on the phone, got transferred several times, waited days for call backs, etc.  It was all very stressful.  On top of that, you need to get the baby added to your health insurance, so that's another hour of your life spent talking to your HR to lock in your short term disability and update the health insurance.

The next piece of advice is to study up on breastfeeding before you have the baby because it's not something that comes naturally to everyone.  Now that I've read more about breastfeeding, I'm like oh, this lactation consultant at the hospital gave me terrible advice.  I also see how people were trying to help me but everyone was offering the wrong kind of help.

When people offer help, everyone means that they'll watch the baby for you, and that's the glamor work.  What you actually need help with is someone to wash bottles/dishes, make you food, help with laundry, help cleaning up around the house, etc. 

I regret letting people watch the baby because all the info I've read/seen on breastfeeding states that you need to be in physical contact with your baby to release certain hormones which will help you breastfeed.  Now that I am struggling with breastfeeding I wonder if things would be better had I not accepted that kind of help. 

I think people mean well, but you have to hold your ground and trust your instincts to do what you think is best. 

For things you should have on your registry: all the breast feeding accessories.  Breast pump, hands-free pumping bra, manual pump, breast heating pads, Dr. Brown's bottles which are supposed to mimic breast feeding, a bottle warmer.  And make sure you get lots of bottles.  At least 8 4oz bottles to start, and you should have two sets of pump parts so you can have one being cleaned and one ready to go at all times. 

For clothes, I'd suggest you look for outfits that have the mittens built in to the sleeves.  Individual mittens can come off and the baby could choke on them.  In our first month, I don't know how, but I've managed to spend $1000+ at amazon buying back up of things and things I didn't know I needed -- like the breast feeding supplements - Motherlove More Milk Special Blend (60 ct.) Herbal Galactagogue Breastfeeding Supplement w/Goat’s Ru...and Go-Lacta Premium Malunggay (Moringa oleifera Lam.) Breastfeeding Supplement Clinically Proven to Sup...

Even though we have a nursery, we ended up redecorating the living room to include a changing table.  Depending on how you feel, you may want to have little stashes of baby stuff in different parts of the house.  My new coffee table, for example, has a drawer full of swaddles and bibs.

I tend to try to be a minimalist -- but for the baby we ended up buying like 20 swaddles, even though I originally thought 3 was adequate. 

I hope this didnt scare you too much!

@itscarin as a future mom in 2m or whenever baby girl wants to pop out. this advice is all very useful!! thank you 🙂

@wwTraveler @Congratulations and good luck!  

@itscarin Totally saved this for the (very far) future haha thanks for the advice!

Congratulations @itscarin  it takes a while to get the mom thing esp with the first one. Sometimes I still question if I have got it down yet and my kids are tween/teen 😆😆

but key is we all mother differently and not worry too much about things plus don’t forget to take care of yourself. 

@itscarin, Congratulations and take care!

@itscarin, Congratulations and take care!

@itscarin Oh congratulations!!! What a joy. Definitely explains your absence. Mine is 5 now, but I still remember those sleepless nights... Your stash of undereye concealers will come in handy. Try to rest up whenever you can!

@civ2ru Everyone has said the sleep deprivation is the worst, but for me it was the stress of “am I killing him?!”  🤣. Now that I’m fairly confident he’ll live to see another day, everything else rolls off my back. 

@itscarin I remember being scared out of my mind at the time. They look so fragile, but they are actually heftier than we think... And sleep deprivation makes all worries worse, of course. Remember to take care of yourself. You've got this. 

Ulta GWPs

Here you go @RGbrown

New gwp

Pimprod2011305 (adds to cart automatically)

I can't seem to upload a pic 🙄

It's a 5pc devacurl set with $40 hair purchase

Out of stock already! 😞

Upgrade alert!

For any of you who got a 6-piece foundation sampler with $25 makeup purchase last week, you can probably expect to receive a 9-piece GWP. Here is what I got (option Fair), compared to the promo:

B251B812-8545-458D-9CD1-12779CC3EC86.jpeg

DE463A0F-FC7D-46D4-8192-69A44EFE18BF.jpeg

So, in addition to what was listed: an extra Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue SPF 25 stick in shade Opal 01 (1 g / 0.035 oz.), Stila Hide & Chic Fluid Foundation (8 dots) and a small foil packet of W3ll People tinted moisturizer SPF 30.

Remains to be seen if the colors will be a match, maybe undereye at least – but I’m excited to receive the extra goodies. 

Hope your GWP has extras too!

@civ2ru  That was a nice deal. I wish I would have gotten it how. I really like Ulta sponges. 

Ulta GWPs

GWP $30 Purchase

@Luvstravel 

Got a productID for it, or where did you see it? I can't find a link from any of the usual suspects 🤪

@RGbrown, I'm glad that helped. I'm a lazy browser, so I...

@RGbrown, I'm glad that helped. I'm a lazy browser, so I type in beauty, then new, then search palette and then new on Ulta and Sephora apps.

@RGbrown, I just usually type beauty in the search field...

@RGbrown, I just usually type beauty in the search field on my phone's ULTA app every day and sort by new and this popped up. Sorry I don't have anything else except the item number in my pic which is the only number that appeared on my confirmation email.

Re: @RGbrown, I just usually type beauty in the search field...

@Luvstravel 

Hot damn, that's a new trick! It's not on the gwp page (weird), and looking back, it's a repeat from Nov (I thought it looked familiar), so it's not on the new arrivals page either. Cuckoo!

pimprod2012041 for anyone looking, and I'll add it to the spreadsheet in a sec!

The NYX Sabrina palette is in stock for whomever may be interested 😊

Screenshot_20200123-000638.png

1 Reply
testing