Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

I did get this multiplier!  Trying the Kiehls Calendula cleanser and Made for All body wash for the first time. Nars lipsticks in Damage, Shrinagar, and Instant Crush, stocked up on Shea Moisture Mint body wash for my kids, The Body Shop Ginger shampoo and conditioner (very healing and the conditioner was a great surprise- leaves my hair very soft,) Essence Princess mascara, FAB pads, Cerave cream with salicylic acid and lactic acid for keratosis pilaris, and some ABH products.

@Ispend2much6 I have combination skin and have found the Kiehls cleanser to be too drying. Lmk what you think of it!  

@itscarin   Oh snap.  I was looking for a cleanser that would make me feel clean but not dry, and wasn't creamy.  DE's Beste Jelly does the job but is a little drying.  I'll report back.

@Ispend2much6 I barely understand my own skin anymore.  When I was in HS/20s my skin was always oily.  Then I moved out to San Francisco which is super dry and I assumed my dry skin was just coming from the arid climate.  Now I'm back on the east coast, in a literal swamp (DC) and I still have dry skin.  So I can't blame it on the weather anymore!

My skin has been so dry lately I have cut back to washing it once a day (at night).  Unfortunately, I'm still getting zits so I'm trying to balance the situation out.

@itscarin   I totally get what you're saying.  I read somewhere that every ten years your skin changes.  I always had oily skin until my 30's, when it was normal/starting to be dry.  I also am on the East Coast (90% humidity and dewpoint in the 80's right now- ugh) and my cheeks are always dry.  But, now my forehead decided to get oily again.

What is even stranger is the tone of my skin changing.  I've always had cool toned skin, but when I was in my 20's it was more olive and cool.  Now, I am cool.  And pale. lol  I wear completely different shades of makeup than I did ten years ago.  Maybe I just got smarter.

Your skin (and a lot of other things) will be surprising you a lot these next several months. 🙂  How exciting!!

@itscarin maybe your skin is dehydrated instead of dry? What skincare are you using? 

@makeitup305 I drink a fair bit of water. For skin care I’m using a little bit of everything. Fresh soy face wash and the strawberry scrub; Sunday Riley ceo moisturizer; some dermalogica moisturizer; ptr hydra cloud moisturizer; Kate Somerville goat milk cream cleanser; bliss oxygen face wash... I think that’s it. I’m pregnant atm so I’m trying to keep the skincare simple. I also just got the omirocovza queen of Hungary mist and some moisturizer; and then I have the glo recipe watermelon face mist which does absolutely nothing for me. 

I dont have set routine — I’m just constantly trying to balance things. 

@itscarin have you thought about adding an essence, hydrating toner, or serum to your skin care? There's a few K-beauty options that I can think of that are low in actives but high in hydration. Ever since I added toners and essences I feel like my skin stays more balanced and gets irritated less easily. Congrats on the baby btw! 

@makeitup305 that’s  where I’m just lost. I have the mushroom juice serum and I sometimes use micellar water to clean off makeup from my face. Do you have toner recommendations that are carried by ulta or Sephora?  I also don’t know how to layer things. Sometimes when I do things end up getting chunky— like product will pile up on my face and become white gobs which is why I avoid layering. 

@itscarin I have dry/combo sensitive skin and you know I’m pregnant too and this is my skincare routine and haven’t had issues with dryness 

Origins frothy face wash and I add the Origins Ginzeng scrub 3 times a week, Fresh Rose Hydration Toner, SK II/Tatcha Essence, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Leanne Grace Beauty oil for day and The ordinary Rose Hip Oil at night, Kiehls daily concentrate for day and midnight recovery concentrate at night, Drunk Elephant Vitamin C serum for day, J.One Firming serum, Tatcha overnight concentrate at night, Tatcha eye cream , Tatcha renewal cream at night and Fresh Rose Deep Hydration cream for day (I like to mix Coola SPF drops into the moisturizer for extra sun protection) or Coola mineral cream with spf. To seal in everything and to add more hydration I like adding Youth To the People Glow Oil.  I have had a lot of trial and error with my skin and all these products have helped my skin.

@itscarin Ideally, you would double clease -> toner -> essence -> serum -> moisturizer. The idea is to go from the least dense to the most dense product. Sometimes the steps might change in order depending on the density of the product or whether you're adding a mask or an oil. A micellar water would be part of your cleansing step. You might experience pilling if, for example, your serum has silicone in it but your moisturizer is water or gel based. When looking for a toner or essence, I avoid anything with denatured alcohol. A good toner is basically a way to get your skin prepped for all the actives in your essence, serum and moisturizer. I've gotten most of my toners from Kbeauty websites but I know Fresh and Laneige both have some good options. First Aid Beauty also just came out with a hydrating toner with some really nice ingredients. From Ulta, I've used the Klairs Supple Skin Preparation Toner (though the unscented version from a different website) and really liked it, most likely will repurchase. Ulta also carries the CosRX Galacomyces 95 Tone Balancing Essence which is supposed to be a dupe for the much pricier SKII Essence. 

@Ispend2much6 Niiiice!

@CookieGirl1   I loved Nars' Shrinagar and Damage when they first came out; I hope I love the new versions also.  Did you get anything?

871DCCA5-8E2F-4EDD-81FA-7CBCF5CBD4B3.jpeg

834C4300-6AA7-476C-A8BA-E7121ECB1466.jpeg

Ulta 10x platinum appreciation day haul (so far!) These are the two orders I placed so far, totaling 955 earned points. I’m debating placing a third order later today. I usually strive to earn 1000 points during this event so I can get the most return for my money upfront. Excited to try the Wella smoothing oil!

Im a bit bummed there’s no GWP bag for Platinum members, but I really don’t need more sample sized products. 

D4093D03-E6CE-4DDC-88CB-1AEC177A7B1E.jpeg

okay, I think I’m done for today! Earned around 1190 points total.  Not too shabby, and I’m all stocked up for at least six months!

@Danzie89   You did really well!

@Ispend2much6 thank you! I used my $40 Rakuten cash back and a $35 gift card for completing consumer panel tests. I spent about $55 out of pocket for everything. 

What's everyone getting?  I picked up some shampoo and conditioner even though I don't need it.  I broke the pumps on two of my jumbos and can't replace them because they're brand specific.  I'll probably end up tearing through those jumbos because without a pump it's very difficult to pour out the right amount.

I just got the sunday riley ceo moisturizer a few weeks ago to help with my crazy dry skin.  It's been doing an amazing job!  

I'm very happy with all the brands they've included.  This is definitely bigger than last year's 10x selection.  The GWP is pretty nice, too.  Of course, I need more freebies like I need another hole in the head.

I got 2 Sheamoisture, Milani eye primer, a perfume to get...

I got 2 Sheamoisture, Milani eye primer, a perfume to get the free bag and the new Lorac palette. I paid using my Ebates refund and got it all back in points. 😊

I was going to get a bunch of body shop stuff but missed out cuz apparently I don't have any money. 😞  lol.  boo, so mad and sad.  oh well, hopefully they'll have more points sometime soon, but I'm annoyed since all the stuff I wanted was on sale.  it would be nice if they would give a heads up when they have these big 1-day deals, especially when they have so many brands that it's overwhelming, so people could prepare what they want to get and broke a** people could try to scrounge up some money lol...and also if you could use more than 1 gift card, like you can here, then I would have been able to order something. 😞

The one day August 10x appreciation sale has been an annu...

The one day August 10x appreciation sale has been an annual thing but I've never seen the list of sale and eligible items advertised before they go live, which might be why there really isn't much out there about it ahead of time. There is also a smaller 10x sale in March and November in recent years, generally more focused on non-prestige. I have mentioned these sales on here a few times because I was curious if it was something others knew anything about and would comment on, especially if they had more details. These types of forums and blogs are really the best way to find out details before sales, but even then some of these sales are mysterious until they happen. I tend to google sale names/words when I know it's coming to see which blogs and communities are talking about them. Hopefully that is a bit helpful, although I totally hear you @treestar86 and agree it would be nice to see sale previews released so spending could be planned around it.
4 Replies
testing