Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

Thanks for posting...I was wondering why my cash back balance on Ebates kept lowering when I hadn’t returned anything. I went and checked my history and all my Ulta orders from April had disappeared. I remember at least one order that I didn't use any coupons or points (I just ordered 1 prestige item). That order disappeared as well. So annoying!! I’m not going to go back through all my orders from April to argue with Ebates. However, I’m going to start looking for another cash back service. I’ve been having increasing issues with purchases not showing up on Ebates in the past year. 😔

@CAcay 

Unfortunately, this particular issue isn't limited to ebates; this seems to be Ulta suddenly deciding to clamp down on their cash back expenditures with all rebate sites. I lost all of my April transactions through Mr Rebates in addition to ebates.  

@RGbrown I wonder why they just don’t stop offering cash back then? It’d be better than this false hope that you’re going to get it. Nordstrom stopped offering cash back (at least through Ebates) a while ago.

@CAcay 

Perhaps they will just shut it off at some point. Frankly, it would be a better PR move at this point instead of angering thousands of customers by clawing back old transactions after they've posted. 

I completely agree.  They would be wise to either back out completely, or at least make the rules more clear, and honor ‘legitimate’ transactions, because it seems like they are denying many of those as well.  I’ve seen soooo many complaints, and you would think that these companies would say something to Ulta, or stop dealing with them altogether because not only is Ulta making themself look bad in this, they are essentially making it appear that it’s the cash back companies fault.   I’m growing more doubtful of that the more I research.  I can’t begin to imagine how many people this is affecting that DON’T notice.  I didn’t, until I saw other people complaining about it months ago, and I started paying closer attention.  I now see it about every single month.  It’s like they’re saying, “Here’s your cash back, this is sooooo awesome!!!  Little do you realize it’s only smoke and mirrors, and as soon as you’re not looking, we’re going to yank it back without telling you anything about that part.”

Thanks for mentioning this. Several of my Ulta orders thru Mr. Rebates were "voided".  I contacted Ulta and they said "We're sorry to hear that you haven't been receiving your cashback on recent orders with us. We recommend reaching out to Mr. Rebates' customer service so they can look into this issue further for you."  I contacted Mr. Rebates and they provided a "canned" response, so I requested that they do a further investigation.  I'd be surprised if I get the cash back.  It may be time for me to cash in my points and move on....

I really feel like they’re placing the blame on each other.  Ulta is like, hey it’s not us, it’s THEM!  Then you ask “them”, and they claim that it’s Ulta doing all the voiding.  I wish I knew something to do about it, but I have no idea outside of reporting to the Better Business Bureau, and what’s that actually going to accomplish with a huge company like that.  🤷‍♀️😕  I’ve never used Mr. Rebates, but Ebates is pretty good about saying they will honor cash back as a “courtesy” to their “valued customers.” 🙄🙄🙄  Problem is, this seems to be becoming the rule, more than the exception to the rule.  It will keep happening.  At least that’s my experience over the past several months. 😖

@amylynnez   Thanks for posting.  If not for this, I would not have noticed that not only are several of my Ulta orders missing from the past two months, but also some Sephora orders were not credited.

I just had the same thing with Ebates and now a sudden re...

I just had the same thing with Ebates and now a sudden reverse of an Ulta ibotta credit from April that removed a $3 and $5 bonus along with it. I'm disgusted. Not acceptable.

I checked mine and I also had several that were reversed😡

@amylynnez  I just checked my Coupon Cabin and all my Ulta cash backs were reversed as well! I didn’t even use coupons with some of the purchases! I wouldn’t have double checked if not for this post. I am done with Ulta until there’s another 20% off and I can cash out my points 😡🤬

I’m so sorry to hear that.  At this point, I feel like it’s looking like it’s on Ulta’s end, since several of these types of companies are all reversing Ulta purchases.  😕

This is making me want to go look back at my orders. Is t...

This is making me want to go look back at my orders. Is this a problem that has been happening for a while or since Ebates switched to Rakuten?

RE: This is making me want to go look back at my orders. Is t...

That’s a good point worth considering. Like I don’t know anything about this Rakuten and was already signed up for ebates when it switched over with no heads up. Never thought I’d say this but thankfully there’s been no complaints by anyone using ebates with Sephora. Only Ulta seems to be using questionable tactics. Plus Sephora allows in store purchases through ebates whereas ulta doesn’t. Admittedly I do get some awesome unbelievable deals with ulta like their 21 days programs that you can’t get anywhere else. I don’t know how I feel at this point. If I see more people complaining about Ulta then I might be like, ok I had it. I’m worried and fearful about ulta but it’s not completely crossed the line for me YET but it’s getting there bit by bit I suppose. I mean there’s already a surprising increasing number of complaints against ulta on this thread but maybe because this is a Sephora site so of course Sephora focused. Therefore complaints against Sephora are still more common.

Re: RE: This is making me want to go look back at my orders. Is t...

@yuline  @grayreb  Rakuten bought Ebates in 2014, so this isn’t really a new change. 🙂 Rakuten just waited til 2019 to rebrand Ebates. 

I do wonder what’s causing the Ulta cashback reversals. The recent rebrand should have no effect since the Rakuten/Ebates acquisition happened 5 years ago—though knowing Ulta, I guess I wouldn’t be surprised if their purchasing system’s throwing fits over something as benign as a rebrand. I haven’t checked my cashback history yet, but I will soon. 

Thank you for sharing your wisdom and knowledge on this matter!💡🧐

Thanks for letting me know!

Re: This is making me want to go look back at my orders. Is t...

This has been happening to me, as well as many others that I’m aware of, for several months now, so before they merged. 

Re: This is making me want to go look back at my orders. Is t...

Nov 2018 is the first time they did it to me

@amylynnez   Definitely shady. 

RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

I had this happen to me as well. The other thing that they do is if you return one item or even even exchange they cancel the cash back.
4 Replies
testing