Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

I had this happen to me as well. The other thing that they do is if you return one item or even even exchange they cancel the cash back.

Re: RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

@sarahshter I have a stupid but valid question - Do you know how to go through your Ebates transactions to verify which ones were "charged back?" 

@maxima,

Although I am not sarashter, I saw your question and thought I would respond. You wouldn’t be able to see the missing transactions on Ebates, because they delete the cash back transaction entirely, so there’s nothing to see in your view. If you think transactions are missing, you could check your emails from Rakuten Member Services. They generally send notification when cash back has been rewarded. You could compare those dates to what you now see in your cash back view and note if they’re missing that way. If you think you placed an order using Rakuten and don't have a confirmation email from Rakuten, you can also check the dates and times from your order confirmations and look on Rakuten’s site under Shopping Trips to see if you did go through Rakuten for that order. I personally screen print my cash back view when I receive notification that Rakuten has posted cash back. That way it’s easy to go back later and see if a transaction is missing.

@anabelle Thank you so much for that information. I should've clarified in my initial post of whether there was an easy way to confirm charge backs on orders. I'm terrible at tracking cash back on my purchases. So I've been going through orders over the past six months from Ulta, Macy's, Sephora, etc., and confirming whether I received cash back from either Ratuken or Retail Me Not. It's a long process that I was hoping could be simplified. I used to go through Upromise, which provided cash back on purchases which was sent to your Sallie Mae student loan account. Upromise was notorious for unjustified charge backs on purchases. Their business practices were beyond unethical.  

I found that out the hard way, too.  I’d exchanged an item months ago that they went back and cancelled the whole order. 

Re: Ulta GWPs

Ulta was offering 8% cash back on the day I placed my latest order, but I only received 4% cash back. Looks like they are up to nefarious shenanigans.

Oh yikes, I placed an order from Ulta today because of the 8% cash back and partially because I was a little mad at Sephora after I saw that another round of 20% off codes were emailed out last week (that I didn't receive and have never received in the past), but this cash back thing sounds really shady. 

Yeah, I agree.  I’m sorry you’re having issues w them as well. 

@amylynnez This just happened to me only it was iBotta. The money was in my earnings account from an April order then it was removed along with a $5 bonus. Ibotta emailed me saying I successfully cancelled my order. It must be Ulta reversing these. 

I had my Ibotta $5 ulta credit reversed too. I figured it was for a return I made in store that was $10. However, I believe I still satisfied the “terms” of credit. You had to spend at least $40, I think, through the app and I spent $70. The return would still have me at a $60 total spend. Sent an email to Ibotta 4 days ago and still haven’t heard back.

I’m sorry. That really sucks. 😣  I’m finding that if you use a coupon while placing an order, Ulta will go back and revoke any rebate, also if you exchange or return anything at all, the entire order rebate is refused. 

The same thing happened to me @savvy4. I emailed Ibotta about it, but I still haven't heard anything back from them about it. 

@sephoraaddict918  I called Ulta about the rebates fiasco and they insisted they have nothing to do with 3rd party cash back sites. I spoke to a manager who kept telling me to take it up with iBotta (in my case). 

I didn’t use a coupon or return anything from the order. I’ll be surprised if iBotta re-award me the earnings as Ulta say the order was cancelled. 

However, I resubmitted my order confirmation. 😕

I finally got a response from Ibotta @savvy4, and I'm resubmitting mine too, but I don't think I'm getting any cashback either.

Good luck.  I don’t know how iBotta works, but Ebates has returned missing amounts in the past as a “courtesy”, so maybe they will as well. 

The same thing happened to me. Every Ulta order I placed in April was disqualified, even orders where I didn't use coupons. I didn't return anything from these orders or make any other kind of modifications.  I submitted "Where's my cash" requests for each of the transactions. Ebates has changed their website to explicitly state no cash back will be given for orders where rewards points are used (I don't recall seeing that in the past). I used to get cash back on the portion I paid in cash for those transactions. I didn't receive any cash back for a rewards order I placed last week, not even for the cash portion. I used to like Ebates for their reliability, but I agree it's ridiculous for cash back to be taken away two months after being posted with no explanation as to why.

I also had this happen to all of my Ulta orders in April (6 of them). I received the same response you did, with an added link to report “where’s my cash back” through their site if I thought it was in error. I went through and did this for each order, and they added the cash back in again. I’m kind of worried this will happen next month with my May orders - not sure what is happening but they did say that Ulta disqualified the cash back, just like in your response. I did not even use a coupon on two of my orders. I saw on Reddit yesterday that this happened to several people with April orders, it prompted me to check and I noticed that my balance was way down. There was no notification about it. I agree, very shady.

Sorry this happened to you. I don’t ever use 3rd party coupons for any Cashback. I use the coupons on the ULTA site only. This happened to me from Mr Rebates for the same reason. 

Thank you. 💜  It’s been a stressful month, so maybe that’s making me more irritated than I should be, but this has become a pattern with ULTA/Ebates.  I only ever use the coupons that ULTA offers, never 3rd party coupons. 

Sorry your having such a stressful time, I hope it gets better for you. I was irritated also when mine was pulled back. They should be more transparent in these things.

Thank you. 💕 

6 Replies
testing