Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

exactly! They block the entire account and every order keeps getting cancelled (no matter if you use paypal or cc). Did you try to email them too? Did they tell you the reasons? They are not supposed to tell, but the CS today hinted its because of my "incident rate" basically how much I call them (not returns, cause I only had like 3-4 in 4 years, but incidents - missing points, missing gwp etc)

Wow, have never heard of that! for life?! have you ordered a lot of the same thing in multiple orders or returned? There are a lot of people who resale or use/return in bad faith so they probably try to limit that. Regardless, I'd try to speak with a supervisor... if that doesn't work, have you tried to just open another account? good luck!

yes I can try to reopen but I will lose diamond status of course. No I only had 2-3 returns in 3-4 years with like 300-400 items bought and kept

Definitely worth reviewing with supervisors, hopefully it's a mistake!! I'd ask for proof of the issues, too... why would they risk losing such a good customer?! What a pain, though - Ulta definitely had a spike in customers in recent years and they've had quite a few growing pains. Not a fan of their "segmented" marketing, either. Everyone should be offered the same deals at the same time, especially at Diamond and Platinum status.

@rbkh I'm not accusing anyone of gaming the system, but I imagine Ulta might put together a threshold for "incidents" and then after decide that doing business with a customer is a liability.  It's very possible there's people out there gaming the system.  Think of the restaurant customer who complains that there's a hair in their food after they finished 90% of the plate.  Ulta is probably trying to find and eliminate customers who always have issues with their orders because they're assuming that the odds of having that many legitimate "incidents" is so low that certain people must be lying.  Again, I'm not accusing anyone here of doing that. 

They probably need to revisit what they consider an "incident".  Someone cancelling an order doesn't cost them any money.  What does cost them money is having to reship items.  It's their fault if they forgot to include an item, or if an item got broken, but they've probably come up with some formula as to what is acceptable loss for them and anything over that becomes too much of a risk for them.  However, their risk calculations aren't perfect and they probably will lose a few good customers in their effort to stop dishonest ones.

I agree with you. But I only had like 3-4 returns in the span of 4 years and I kept like hundreds of products:( so its not the returns. It the fact that two times I didnt get GWP, one time I didnt get points properly... minor things like that. And honestly I see its happening to all customers across boards. But now Ulta clearly discourages us to follow up about missing anything, since it counts against you 😞

@Alexmaryaexactly, it's like we're being treated like the thieves or the "problem", when THEY'RE the ones who failed to deliver what THEY advertised and promised. 😞

@itscarin I agree with everything you said.

However, it really bothers me that Ulta's placing all the blame squarely on the customers and not addressing their role in all of this. 

Ulta has few to no policies about product returns and returning gwp's.

Customers report that there's broken/missing items in their orders, yet they don't follow up with their distribution center to ensure that orders are being properly packaged. Every beauty retailers is aware that cosmetic purchases are often impulse buys, yet Ulta doesn't have the ability to cancel orders. Customers are casually and quickly advised to RETURN the order or REFUSE its delivery, yet are penalized when they do so. 

Customers report that credit card points aren't tracking, yet there is no follow up with Comenity Bank over the matter. Customers complain that they're not getting some orders, yet Ulta continues to use carriers like LaserShip who have the worst service reviews in the industry. And their outsourced CS is an absolute disaster.

I suppose that rather than address their own incompetence, they'll just determine that consistent problems are consistent with fraud. 

I haven't returned anything, and haven't been getting their emails for 1.5 months.  I'm diamond also, so would also lose the 'perks' (the few that I do get, anyway) if I tried to start another account. 😞

and I haven't really had any issues with orders either (so not much reason to contact them).

@Alexmarya   I'm incriminating myself here, but that's not bad at all!  I wonder if Ulta has hired that same credit /financial company that Sephora has that has caused people problems unexpectedly. 

I think we just need to boycott and expose them.  I'm not a "social media" person, but I think people should be posting about this there, to warn others what can happen if you "shop too much", and also so they'll see it and want to do something about it to avoid the bad publicity.

yes agree!

@Alexmarya 

I don't have super specific advice since I've never dealt with the situation personally, but if you're still talking to plain old CS via the 800 number, you definitely need to see about escalating to corporate instead of dealing with an outsourced CS Dept. 

Mdillon@ulta.com is the ceo's email address, though it'll likely be read by an assistant and routed elsewhere (hopefully not back to CS!). 630-410-4676 is her direct number. Good luck!

Thanks will try!!I sent email to loss prevention today (corporate), will see

Not advice just coming to say that's crazy! Did they come out and say you were no longer allowed to shop or what?

correct, ill copy the email:

Hello Alexandra,

You recently reached out about Order 
K**********
As set forth in Ulta Beauty’s Online Terms and Conditions, Ulta Beauty reserves the right to revoke someone’s ability to make purchases online if (s)he fails to follow the program’s terms and conditions.  There are several reasons that we may need to revoke someone’s ability to make purchases online, including where Ulta Beauty suspects potential abuse of online purchasing.  Specifically, as stated in our Terms and Conditions, “Ulta Beauty reserves the right, without prior notification, to limit the order quantity on any item and/or to refuse service to any Customer for any reason, including … problems identified as potential fraud”.

There is an 8pc Mystery Bag with $60 coming up. Looking at last year's schedule, should go live on Monday, the 27th.

And coming soon:

UltaNewFeelingBeautiful.png

Skinfatuation + step up gwps are live

Pimprod2006641 and 2006773

Screenshot_20190516-000341.png

Screenshot_20190516-000336.png

New multiplier

Screenshot_20190516-000252.png

And MAC Aladdin is up as well!

It says 5/16 - 5/17 while quantities last. I was just won...

It says 5/16 - 5/17 while quantities last. I was just wondering though what the chances are that the 28pc bags (choice of 4) with $70 purchase that @ohheyitscindyk posted will launch on 5/17 and possibly stack???? I'm so tempted to wait 🤔

Re: It says 5/16 - 5/17 while quantities last. I was just won...

@alexalicious 

All of the predictions I've seen are for the choice of four bags to go live on the 18th. Anything is possible, but frankly, Ulta keeping this bag in stock for two days isn't a strong possibility to begin with based on their recent track record 🙄

The Maybelline Dream Cover SPF 50 was available last night but it's gone now. I've been dying to try this since it's supposed to be close to the ITCosmetics CC cream. I hope it comes back soon!

testing