Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

@sephoraaddict918 Yeah, it sucks. But your Florida Evans gif is everything! 

Maybe this is why they’ve stopped my emails. From memory: 

In like Spring 2016 or 2017, i had a $250 package misdelivered with written confirmation from the Post Office that it was misdelivered and irretrievable. They gave me a GC. 

In like Spring 2017, I returned an unopened item (maybe $40 value)

In July 2018, I complained about an blatantly inaccurate description of a GWP. They gave me a (admittedly ridiculously large) GC for the complaint. Said they had many complaints too.

In July 2018, I ordered a hair gel (Jack Black) which exploded all over my items. I posted a video to their twitter and they reshipped it to me. I also hit Diamond around this time.

Is that excessive? 

September 1, 2018 - my email stopped completely.

I think the email thing in September 2018 was common. It...

I think the email thing in September 2018 was common. It happened to me too and several customer service reps said with changes happening in IT there were issues. Coincidentally, it was when I started using the app. I also had some issues around the time I went diamond in April/May which got fixed quickly. I have had a few exploded products, the worst being a heavy box of loose oily salt scrubs. The shipping since has improved greatly because more products arrived sealed, bagged or well packed. So it does seem like they saw the issue happening and addressed it. I've been fortunate to have mostly great customer service but the email issue definitely took persistence.

Re: I think the email thing in September 2018 was common. It...

I've been doing a combination of emails, calls & tweets since mid-September 2018. That is 8 months of TRYING to get promos to give them money! On one of my previous calls they apologized that it's taken over 30 emails to resolve the issue and then I got the standard apology and assurance that they would fix it. Nope. My last call to get my diamond code was flipping HORRENDOUS. Some supervisor named Lisa (literally the WOSRT person I've ever, EVER spoken to at Ulta GS) insisted that there was NO WAY to send me a code for a variety of reasons and then proceeded to blame me for not getting emails. Literally seconds after we hung up and I said I'd be contacting someone at a corporate level that was not GS, I had a diamond code in my email. I am absolutely LIVID with Ulta GS. I think I've spent less than $150 there this year. This experience with Ulta has actually soured my towards all beauty purchases and having to call each time & sometimes fight for my codes has taken much of the fun out it TBH. Ulta never acknowledges that it is a widespread issue to me. I tell them it is every time and they can simply google the issue and see how much comes up.

Currently, I deactived my emails. I intend to reactive them again in two weeks. I that does not work, I will ridiculously have to make a brand new email address just for ulta (which include an ode as to how much I hate their GS). 

@KMart919 I am diamond and stopped getting emails after a single $10 return. It took six months to get them again.  

@Indy701 wtf?  I ordered some things in-store a few times recently, and that's when they seemed to stop.  I wonder if they can just mark that they don't like you...lol.

They seem to have some wires crossed or some type of glitch in their system.  I’ve had emails stop suddenly, and it took a while to get them back.  Apparently, they had two emails for my account, and they said it’s a common thing that happens, and all they had to do was go in and make sure the correct email was the only option. Fixed it right up after that.  I think I remember them saying something about it happens often if you exchange in store or something like that.  Not sure on the specifics but contact customer service and ask them to verify your information, or re enter it. 

This is what I found in my email from last May when the issue was going on......

"A lot of members are having problems. Are you still receiving ultas emails? People randomly stopped getting emails or offers and their offers page in the app looks like that"

"Interesting, I emailed them about my issues and I got a different response. Basically they had to reset my promotional settings and I should start seeing them again in 48 hours."

"I messaged them on Facebook and they reset everything. They also told me to let them know if nothing happened by the end of the week."

So yeah, I’d ask them to reset your promotional settings, and verify all information. 

@amylynnez At one point, I stopped getting postal mail randomly. Checked account, which was ok, then emailed. Via email they asked to verify info, well they entered the state wrong..so the fix, me deleting/adding it all over again, now mail is normal. So don't expect verifying to help lol

@treestar86 That is so weird.  Either they have major system issues or they can just stop giving you stuff like that.  I wish I lived near their HQ. I’d get a job there so I could dig into this. Lol  My auditor brain needs to find the root cause. 

@Indy701yeah, it's weird.  I thought maybe they checked the email thing, and since I was already getting them that made them stop...but idk.  after trying to return something a while ago and they said they'd only be able to give me the lowest price in the last 90 days, which was half of what I paid for...which it didn't say anywhere, but they just kept saying sorry, that's our policy...I looked it up on their site and it didn't say anything there either (although it does now, of course), so that's when I finally left a loooong review on yelp about their many issues, like how they kept sending coupons for a free sample, but when you go in they don't have them half the time...even if you have like 2 or 3 different coupons, they claimed not to have any of them...so I just got so sick of it, and after leaving that review, I stopped getting the coupons...lol.  but I kept getting emails, until now, so...idk. ???

LOL, that's just what I was thinking! someone should go undercover...lol.

@KMart919   No, that's not excessive at all, trust me!  I've heard of some Diamond members who had their emails stopped and they didn't even make any or many returns.

yeah its weird since I've never returned anything...I even got someone else's order and sent it back.  pretty sick that they start ignoring or treating what are supposedly their "best" customers, the worst. 😞

RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

I think I need to cut down my shopping at Sephora and Ulta

Re: RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

@yulinegood idea. 😉 lol

RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

I’m shocked they referenced a transaction from 2015. That’s something retail equation would do. I wonder if they’ve started utilizing retail equation. The letter doesn’t state you’re banned from online shopping (maybe it’s a warning that you can shop online but you will be banned if you return anything?) and they haven’t permanently closed your account with no warning. Their approach is different from Sephora still. They’ve personally reached out to you with specifics whereas Sephora just sends a mass group very strongly worded message that says not negotiable, here’s our decision, goodbye/good riddance. I’m sorry you’re going through this. I know what it feels like. I still think Ulta has left the door open for you but it’s a hard road ahead where you probably can’t return anything for a long time and there are other competitors you can give your business to if you feel wronged and don’t think you need to go Ulta’s way. Thanks for sharing. I definitely am going to be walking on egg shells with Ulta from now on. i hate ordering online because you can’t readily see or have enough control. Like I just got a hair masque from ulta and every product from this product line comes with a seal and yet this one didn’t strangely and makes me wonder if I got sent a used one so I was thinking of returning it because I think it’s been tampered with. Sometimes stuff happens and you do need to return stuff but yet no one tells you what exactly is the return limit. First Sephora and now Ulta, whose next? When Sephora got strict with their return policy, I noticed another company (I’d like to keep their name anonymous because I don’t want to unnecessarily drag them into the mud because they’re a very good company that treats customers really well) also followed suit by changing their return policy and told me because all the other competitors changed policy so they felt compelled to follow is what o was told. Anyway I’m sad that companies are doing this. I don’t think I enjoy shopping so much anymore and feel a lot more pressure not to make the wrong decision buying which is stressful.

@yuline It's hard to determine exactly what's going on in this situation because they've provided no specifics, cited no violation of policies, and have not stated emphatically what I can or cannot do. I called my local store and they confirmed that my account wasn't flagged. So I just don't know. Maybe this came from an over-zealous CS supervisor who decided to mine through my entire order history, and after she established a pattern of various issues, alerted someone in corp.

Or did they review every account that placed an order from that major glitch back in December? You're right! They have a handful of policies in place, yet seek to penalize customers for some phantom infractions. Why not just be forthright about things? Wouldn't that be beneficial to all parties involved? 

I'm not going to worry to much about it. In 2018, I reached Diamond by early April.

This year, I started on a low buy and haven't even made it to Platinum.   

I posted that email so people know that Ulta may seem as though they're very accommodating meanwhile, they're "keeping score." So, be mindful of that.    

yep, it's all a scam.  they inundate you with deals and coupons and points, to entice you...and then once you start shopping and spending a lot and are one of their best customers, then it's "sorry, you've shopped too much.  goodbye."  a little messed up, no? 😞

That is so crazy. I'm sorry to hear it as someone who put...

That is so crazy. I'm sorry to hear it as someone who puts in a ton of orders and have had half a dozen arrive leaking, damaged or missing items in the past few years. A friend had boxes stolen from her doorstep during the holidays. I personally photo document everything now, but geez how can you be held be responsible for shipping issues? I know the return bar is fairly low and not proportionate to how much you spend quarterly. I've hit the bar just swapping unopened products for other colors because online shopping isn't always accurate to actual appearances. So sorry, it's a total bummer. I get that there company is watching out for itself, but screw ups and accidents do happen and that's not the customers fault.

Re: That is so crazy. I'm sorry to hear it as someone who put...

@alexalicious Thank you. Yup, it's a big mess and an even bigger turn off. I'm not inclined to shopping in-store because it's even more of a hassle. I called my local store on 4/29, two days before the Urban Decay x Game of Thrones collection was to launch in stores. I spoke to a manager who had to actually put me on hold to inquire about when it was coming out and she had no idea about the vault. I'm not dealing with that. Meanwhile, back on the 12th Macy's confirmed what they'd be getting and asked if I wanted to do the 15% F&F presale. But I held out for Ulta and luckily I got the collection online.       

@maxima   Aren't you the least bit tempted to make another online order for something small and you know you would use, just to see what would happen?  I'm sorry this happened; you're right, there are no absolutes and Ulta can call all the shots.

testing