Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

That was FAST shipping! I placed an order at 1:30am and it hasn’t shipped. However, Ulta is typically notorious for fast shipping times for me (I live near corporate headquarters). I hope this means you’re off the ban list! 

@Danzie89 So do I. Maybe the email was more of a thinly veiled warning, rather than an outright ban. But I'm in the dark about all this, until something more definitive occurs. I'll keep a low profile and my purchases to a nice, quiet $0.00.   

Wow! So sorry this has happened to you. They certainly should not be factoring in purchases made four years ago. I’m surprised I haven’t been flagged— I have had several orders arrive damaged (leaking, specifically), and Ulta has always happily replaced them and compensated with a gift card for my troubles. After reading this I am more cautious about my emailed complaints. 

RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

Right on! Can’t believe they went so far back.

@Danzie89 Thanks. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong either. But obviously they think differently and just decided to let things get to this extent. They could've easily contacted me and provided some kind of "warning." Even still they would've been in the wrong because there are no policies that restricts returns, addresses missing/damaged items, replacement of products or orders, etc. Kinda' can't make things up as you go along.... But hopefully, my situation can serve as a sort of cautionary tale. 

Right!! Well, I hope Ulta makes it right for you. 😢 

Holy smokes! I've called a few times about damaged products (I can remember 3 nothing above $20) and have done 1 return in the last 2+ years. If they're basing this off of something from 2015 that's nuts.

RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

Yeah like who goes back that far? I don’t remember what I bought or did in 2015.

@niki172 The problem is that they're basing their decision on skewered factors. It's no secret that Ulta's CS is terrible. I know for certain that they don't always accurately notate the reason for our calls. So if I call about missing samples and they only add the notation "customer called about item missing from order," the issue gets taken out of context. Or if I call and tell them that I just got my order. However, Lasership just left it on my doorstep and I hope they don't use them as a carrier again. Well, the entire situation comes across as something entirely different if some idiotic CS agent notates the call as, "customer had problems receiving package." That's the nonsense I'm dealing with here. 

@maxima ah I see now. That makes total sense as I've had Ulta CS outright lie to me before about being able to cancel an order and that they would "get back with me" in a hour. I should have known better when I called back about an hour and a half latter the CS rep I spoke with said that what that rep said was absolutely false. That CS rep stated that they send an email to the warehouse to see if they can stop the order and then I'll get an email (hopefully) in a few hours to let me know if they were able to stop the order. No one from CS calls you directly about package cancellation plus the prior rep never even emailed the warehouse. SMDH

@niki172OMG, I had that very same thing happen to me twice. It was way back in  2014 that I was told by CS that they have a "window" of about an hour where they're able to send an email to their warehouse and have an order cancelled. It made sense considering that Macy's has the capability to do this. Sephora is able to have orders  returned back to them even after it ships. So each time, CS did return my call and were actually able to get it cancelled the first time. But the second time around, they couldn't catch it in time. I never attempted to do it again and they never offered it as a solution. Their quick to indicate that you can just refuse the package. I won't do that either because there was an issue with that too. 

Honestly, not shocked. If you call often about missing items, it looks bad.

I was black-listed in 2017 for no reason (I have never called about missing items I bought online or returned anything in-store) and I contacted their CEO. They restored me right away. I threw a fit because I am not about to drive an hour to the nearest ULTA to buy anything...

@ArmyChick84   If you don't mind me asking, how did you find the CEO's contact info?  The only phone number I found routed me back to the regular customer service line.  Thanks!

@ArmyChick84 I responded to their email and spoke to a supervisor. I asked her to tell me specifically what they're referring so that I could address it. She brought up an order from June 2015. I'm not kidding. 

Here’s my Clinique code 4EOXZ47KGV

Please comment when used. Thanks!

Used it for my sister!

Thank you!

Ulta GWPs

Someone save me from myself and take my Diamond code. 😂 I keep building a cart then clearing it. The only gwp that was really tempting me was the Nudestix and it's OOS. Anyway, here is my code. CODE REDEEMED

Is anyone else having problems uploading photos?? Anyways I made out like a bandit today - I picked up the Lancome Visionnaire Crescendo and the Kopari beauty set and got the tote, Clinique foundation, Patchology set, the mystery gift, the Lancome GWP, and the Redken gift for free. Hopefully this all ships and I'm pretty pleased with myself. Thank you to @RGbrown and @ohheyitscindyk for the updates :).

For the first time since I made Diamond I decided to get this one. Mostly because of the ebates deal, plus I had my ebates refund Ulta gift card, plus one of the items I wanted was fragrance, so I got 5x points. They didn't have my ideal color for the foundation, but I just went to the store by my office to do some swatching and got a decent match.

Looks like Zoella might be exiting Ulta? Everything is reduced, $2.75-8.97, if anyone needs cheap cart fillers or to stock up 😁

Zoella had announced she was no longer doing a beauty bra...

Zoella had announced she was no longer doing a beauty brand a while back. There was a fruity summer collection and that is going to be it. Ulta usually gets the new collections in later, but I am not sure if they will actually get that one.
testing