Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

@itscarin You can try contacting their CS or messaging them on Twitter and include your rewards number!

@itscarin   I had to call, but I got one.

@Ispend2much6I've had to call so much cs lines lately.  DC tax dept still owes me money and I haven't gotten around to asking them what happened yet.  Too many things on the to-do list sometimes!  I wish I could hire someone to do all the boring administrative things for me.  Why hasn't someone made an app for this yet?  I need someone to stand in line for me at the DMV.  I need someone to scan a bunch of paperwork for me and send it to a bank.  I need someone else to figure out the marriage license situation for me.  The list goes on.  I know it's called "being an adult" but I really wish I could pay someone else to do it for me!  LOL

I'm glad that DC tax dept owes you instead of the other way around; then you wouldn't have to call them, they'd be contacting you. lol

You do  have a lot on your plate. Business aren't set up to be conducive to help working people get their stuff done.

I can't image what the DC DMV is like.  I know that DC is it's own little entity, but could you possibly go to one a little farther out in the VA or MD suburbs?  Even with the drive, I wonder if it would still be quicker!  We do that in our little corner of VA.

Here's your chance to become an entrepreneur! 😉

I'm a little concerned about the marriage license situation you mentioned...

@Ispend2much6 DC DMV is not bad at all if you catch it at the right time.  I like the one on Rhode Island because there's a Dunkin Donuts and a Smoothie shop near by, so you can go get your ticket, walk around an amuse yourself outside while you kill time before you have to actually wait.  

I think I like the DC DMV's better than the VA ones.  Even the other one in Georgetown is next to a bunch of shops so you can go poke around if the wait is long.  I've had pretty good experiences with the DC DMVs.  No complaints here about them.   The other states don't handle DC DMV things though.  DC is its own state...without representation.  😄

But yeah, lots of things on my to-do list.  SMH.

That's nice that DC has good DMV's.

I was in Rhode Island once.  We were at CT and drove over the border to a famous sub shop. 🙂

I get it about life's details; there are so many to deal with, it gets frustrating.

Not sure if it was posted already but did anyone else notice they seem to be discontinuing Laura Geller from all stores and online? I'm not super surprised, though, it's not a very hyped brand.

Both brands have been showing up at TJMaxx and Marshalls,...

Both brands have been showing up at TJMaxx and Marshalls, especially Laura Geller which I've seen a full spectrum of LG products in the $3.99 -$11.99 range. I picked up the midday make over set for $7.99 and it contained full sized blush, mascara, and highlight 🤯

Laura Geller is owned by the same company that purchased Julep a few years ago (Glansaol, they also own Clark's Botanical). They filed for bankruptcy in December 2018, which has resulted in a lot of changes with the company. 

In addition to ending Julep's subscription box, I've seen a lot of their brands on clearance. I would imagine they are hemorrhaging inventory to pay back what they owe. Personally, if there was something I loved from any of those brands I would buy it now, before you can't find it any longer.  

Julep and LG were owned by Glanasol, but after Glanasol filed bankruptcy, another company purchased both brands (I can't remember the name, but the new owner is the one that axed the Julep subscription box IIRC). Since someone dumped money into both companies, I assume they'll stick around in some form or another, but lord only knows what direction the new owner will take them.

On a related note, Glanasol sold Clark's Botanicals back to the original owner. 

Ooh thanks for sharing, I didn't know that. I wonder then why they are discounting so much of their stock then. 

Not with LG, but Dior mascara is gone from in store, hasn't been online ever though. They're changing things again. 

@TrysBeautyItems I wonder what brand they're going to add to the display instead. Ulta seems to add a new brand every week.

Has anyone received their Diamond requalification gift for 2019? My email said I would receive the $25 beauty services card plus a surprise gift in 4-6 weeks by mail. 

@writtenonpaiges I just happened to be in Ulta a few days...

@writtenonpaiges I just happened to be in Ulta a few days after re-qualifying so I asked them at check out and they gave me a box. nothing to write home about. I thought we got bonus points or something with it but I could be mistaken since all that was in there was the "gift" and the $25 off future service card.

RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

You’ll receive a post card via mail with the $25 off and a coupon that will let you choose one of three items. It should come 4-6 weeks after you hit diamond level! That gives you time to insure your mailing address is correct. Hope that was helpful! 😊

Re: RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

@danyellpitts That's nice you get to choose your gift now, thanks!

I got the same e-mail mid-March and am still waiting on this surprise gift. Will post if it ever comes...

Hmm, interesting to see they are changing the distribution method (and I'm pleased to see it...I never liked it being a coupon code that made you choose between a discount or your gift). I hope this transition goes smoothly! 

UPDATE: I just sent out my code.

I won't be using my 20% prestige coupon, so if anyone wants it please let me know and I will PM it you.

RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

Wonder what’s going on with Ulta? Since when did they do 15% prestige coupons in place of 20%? Ulta emails can be glitchy and you can call up customer service who are quick to email you 20% coupon if you didn’t get it. It’s something they have no problem doing.
testing