Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: RE: @RGbrown Yay, I got that multiplier! I'm already looking...

@RGbrownThanks! Keeping in on my list.

Re: Ulta GWPs

I wish I’d gotten this! It’s my bday month so I would have gotten double points too!

Upcoming Beauty Break!

- Looking at last year's calendar, I think this will be Wednesday's Beauty Break.

Product ID: 18171111

UltaBBLipSampler.jpgUltaBBLipSamplerDetails.jpgUltaBBLipSamplerDetails2.jpg

Upcoming GWP!

- Thursday, June 7th

Product ID: 18171113

UltaD&G.jpgUltaD&GDetails.jpgUltaD&GDetails2.jpg

@ohheyitscindyk you might be psychic. can I get a reading?

@ohheyitscindyk you might be psychic. can I get a reading?

Aaarrgghh, must stop thinking about those lippies!

Ouch on the $85, but I am a sucker for lippies 😛

Detailed analysis reveals a discrepancy in the list vs the pic...the list says Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Lip Shine in Bright Poppy, but the pic shows Ulta Shiny Sheer lip gloss in a very pale shade (shade Bare maybe? Hard to tell). I'd prefer the Neutrogena shade, but who am I kidding...either way, this is tempting 😛

@RGbrown I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has noticed problems with the pics Ulta uses.  I recently spotted two pics of products that have been re-packaged.  Tsk-tsk!

@ohheyitscindyk  Thank you!  That lippie gwp is incredible!

Really?! I think an $85 threshold is ridiculously high for mostly drug store brands. 

@maxima I'm with you!  $85 buy in for a bunch of drugstore brands is way too high.  Even if they are full sized.  I think I could buy all those and pay less than $85.  I also don't see anything new and exciting in the bag.  Everyone has backtalk already, and a lot of us have the peach gloss already. 

@itscarin I did the math and it came very close to breaking even. If you take into consideration that these brands are usually bought on sale and with a coupon, then you've exceeded $85! Don't get me wrong, it's a nice freebie if you've already planned to make a purchase, but not as an outright incentive. I'll wait for that $125 Platinum Perk in June. 

I agree $85 is perhaps high...last year the big lip sampler was $75, but only had 14 pieces. Slowly but surely buy-in at Ulta is creeping up, but at least they tossed in a couple more items this time.

But I also think $25 for one DS is a bit much, and $100 (using points) for one is even worse. For those craving variety, and wanting or needing to make a purchase anyways, this is a nice value. 

Sorry for the long post, spoilers weren't working for me 😕

New multiplier!Screenshot_20180521-000231.png

And a new brand! 😍Screenshot_20180521-000306.png

@RGbrown I'm so tempted by the Tarte & Too Faced, but kee...

@RGbrown I'm so tempted by the Tarte & Too Faced, but keep telling myself to wait for a 20% off all items coupon! And thanks for the heads up on the new brand. I'm glad Ulta now carries jade rollers, though I did a double take when I saw the gua sha tool for the FACE since I'd only known about use on the body and the terrifying blood red marks it leaves behind for a few days. (I worked in an office where more than a few coworkers loved to compare their war wounds.) I never tried it, but I have to admit being fascinated by how the marks no longer appear after regular treatments. Maybe/hopefully there isn't as much 'bruising' on the face because the skin is so much thinner? 😮 😛

Re: @RGbrown I'm so tempted by the Tarte & Too Faced, but kee...

@NatureGirlSD

Upcoming coupon predictions:

Last year we got a 15off50 on Sunday June 4, so I'd guess we'll see one Sunday June 3 this year.

The next 20% was Thursday June 22 last year, so Thursday June 21 is my guess for this year.

The amethyst roller went on my loves list immediately 😀

@RGbrown Oooooh, nice call on the amethyst roller. They're so pretty! And thank you for looking up the dates. I only need a $19 product from Ulta, so it'd be smarter to wait for the deeper discounts. Now to be brave & pull the trigger on my first Maven box before I have the chance to cave and fill my cart with multipliers for the lippie GWP @ohheyitscindyk posted instead. LOL

@NatureGirlSD

Oooohhhhh, I really like Julep! I signed up last year just to get a free 12pc polish set as a gwp (killer deal...definitely keep an eye on what offers they have available before pulling the trigger!). I adore the fact that you can fully customize your box each month, and their offers are stellar. I dropped the box because I didn't need a continual flood of stuff coming in each month, but everything I've tried from them has been simply lovely, and I think they are an underrated gem for both makeup and skincare 👍

@RGbrown You are a genius- it didn't occur to me to look for deals instead of just going with the box. (I def need to revisit the Julep page on Deals Too Good To Pass Up by @notcreative for how to get the most out of Maven.)

I've wanted their $30 nail caddy forever since it's the only all-in-one I've found that I'd consider for my OCD organizing needs, but it's been hard to justify the price. Now it's $14.40 with the 20% off and KICKSTART promo. 🙂

That massive polish set is what first drew me in, but I'm splitting a subscription, so I went with the free box to stock up on Night Shift and my mom's trying a gel eyeliner I've been raving about and an eye gel.

Since we're new to Julep, would you mind pointing us toward your favorites? We'd appreciate any help narrowing down what to try. Nail treatments/tools, makeup brushes, makeup, skincare, hand/foot creams, you name it. 🙂

FWIW, just knowing I have deep discounts on full-size Julep products, along with a BoxyCharm sub have been like magic in helping me resist most of the big buy-in GWP's I normally jump on and I already have a few holiday gifts going since Boxy's great that way.

The nail polish remover pads are surprisingly atrocious.

I really like all their lip products. 

It's Balm is my favorite. Literally feels like a pigmented balm.

The mousse is really nice, too. It stays a lot longer than a regular lipstick. It never fully dries down so it is not as rough on the lips as a liquid lisptick. 

Their lipsticks and glosses are nice. I would not go out of my way to purchase them separately but if I get them in a box or kit, I am usually happy.

The cleansing oil is okay. It never removes all of my makeup so I would not repurchase.

I love all of their polishes but the oxygen base and top coats are killer. 

I have a caddy. I like it. You can usually get 3 free polishes with the caddy if you wait until the right time. There is usually a 50% off code around Black Friday. In 2017, it did not combine with the Maven discount as it had every other year.

Night Shift is nice. It is really rich and does not break me out. It makes me shiny, which is not something that happens often from a cream alone (dry skin).

All powders from eyeshadows, ace, to blush, to bronzer, to highlighters are okay. I would never pay full price for them or even close but you can always throw them in a Maven box if you want to try them.

The eyeshadow sticks are crease city. I can only use them as a base.

The highlighter and blush sticks look nice at first, but neither last a long time on my skin.

I like the concealer. It does not dry out my undereyes or crease too much. It also does not have a ton of coverage (so it looks pretty natural).

I have never tried their mascaras.

There is a learning curve on the brow stuff. Don't Leave Your Brows at home. I had a couple of Groucho Marx days, but it can look nice.

Their eyeliners are incredible. As glide friendly as Marc Jacobs with almost as much staying power.

I love all their Konjac sponges.

I like their shower oil. Smells nice. Lathers well. Not as good as L'Occitane but worth it to pick one up in a box. (Never buy it or a lot of other items full price). Not worth it.

I like the scrubs, cuticle treatments, and other things. I cannot think of everything right now. Other than mascara, I think I've tried most items. Let me know if I forgot something you want to know about. Tag me again, because I am only logging in for PMs and tags (for now).

@notcreative@RGbrownThank you both for taking the time to share what you like and what to avoid. I'm glad their lip products are solid and the konjac sponges are worth it.

The Balm crayon sounds like my dream if it it's not prone to melting, since I'm in desperate need of a lippie for intense summer outdoor stuff with the public that's moisturizing, fairly natural, & opaque enough to cover zinc lip balm. If it's melt-y, it still sounds good for everyday.  

Thank you both, again. You've been a big help. Wheee!

4 Replies
testing