Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

RE: Ulta GWPs

I got the motherload GWP plus all my holiday want list. Thanks everyone

wow, great haul!

wow, great haul!

Re: Ulta GWPs

Has anyone been to an Ulta grand opening before? Might swing by one tomorrow & check it out ๐Ÿ™‚

@RGbrown @faziix3 I ended up going to the grand opening on Sunday ๐Ÿ™‚ My mom & I didn't get there until close to a half hour after they had opened, but it didn't matter because I guess most people had gone the previous day. There were about 15 people at most there, besides us. We each got $5 coupons, which I was expecting, but I think my mom was disappointed haha.

Spoiler
That same day, I got an email from DSW about their "Fall Preview Party", & I also went with my mom to that. The email said that the first 50 people would get a free gift, which turned out to be a packaged cookie. My mom & I laughed all the way to dinner.  

Hahahahaha!! I love this @ohheyitscindyk! Fantastic tale!

I've been to one this year hoping to score some great deal, coupon or freebie but all that was given out were coupons. The coupons were randomly given out and supposedly had different $ off amounts. The most frequent being $5 off, which of course, I got. ๐Ÿ˜‚ guess it was better than nothing ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

@faziix3 Whoops forgot to ask, how early did you get there?

@faziix3 Thank you, this is one of two opening near me, so maybe I'll get lucky at one of them haha! But I'm going to go thinking the same thing, "$5 is better than nothing" ๐Ÿ™‚

@ohheyitscindyk

I have! (well, day 2 of a grand opening weekend...day one didn't quite work out for me). The store will have a special flyer with a few deals, though nothing was particularly spectacular that I recall. They hand out "free gifts" to the first xx people, but I heard it was really a coupon...$5 off any purchase IIRC? It was cool to walk around a nice new store, and it's the only one in the area with Clinique, Lancome and Estee Lauder so it's a nice addition here...but they were crowded as all get out, so I wound up leaving pretty quickly and empty handed as personal space is more important to me than standing in line for eternity lol. The best part was barely-used testers hahaha!

I also recall a small clearance section...I guess they trucked some of that over from other stores or had extras from the warehouse? I dunno, but I was surprised to see it.

@Harobedb HAHAHA that's the perfect way of putting it- have you ever seen when people don't clean their hands on a tissue or something after testing, & instead, SWIPE their dirty fingers all across the display? And then there are streaks & fingerprints all over *sigh*

Re: RE: Re: Ulta GWPs

@ohheyitscindykI was testing KVD lippies on the back of my hand one day at Sephora, and in breezes this woman right by me. She grabs a bullet lipstick, goes to the end cap, right in my line of sight, and starts slathering it on her lips. Without wiping it off. I swear to God, I must've had this look of utter horror on my face, cause she looked at me as if to say, "What? What's wrong?" Then I started using a tissue to wipe off lipstick before I put in on my hand for a swatch! I do NOT want to see what these people's houses look like! Can you imagine the crap that must be growing in their refrigerators? @

@Harobedb I've been with people who do that & I never know how to react! I don't want to lecture them, but I also am grossed out lol.

@Harobedb  I'm with you.  I had a rep from some company who was at our Ulta dip a dirty facial brush into some foundation and started spreading it onto my face without asking me.  I was so stunned I let her do it for a few seconds before I requested she use something clean, like one of the thousands of makeup sponges sitting on the counter. I still can't get over that.

@Ispend2much6  Oh bleeccchhhh! That is utterly disgusting!

@RGbrownI love the part about 'barely used testers'! Esp. at Ulta...what DOES that look like, anyway? My store always looks like they let a pack of pre-schoolers in for fingerpainting class.

Anonymous Insider

I have seen women go into stores and actually ALLOW their kids to have a free for all at the testers.  They think it's cute.  I don't know if the kids have more germs or the testers, gross!

@RGbrown Ahh thanks for the info! Tomorrow is the last day, Day 3, so I figured it might be the best day to go, plus the store opens at 11, as it's Sunday. Although other people might be thinking the same thing & all show up tomorrow lol. I think my mom wants to go more than I do, which is surprising since she normally hates waiting in line haha! So true about the barely used testers, they give me such joy ๐Ÿ˜‚

itscarin wrote:

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

4/15/17:  Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Since a lot of information is being removed from this thread, try to help each other out and add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can search for items on ulta.  

*****Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta.  It's not a search, but a direct link to the page.*****

Ulta 21 days page is down. Anyone else the same?

@RIslander

It's not loading for me either right now; in the mean time, if you need today's deals, here they are:

Becca under eye brightening corrector, $15 (reg $30)

Philosophy time in a bottle serum $38 (reg $76)

Platinum perk: ud razor sharp eyeliner $11 (reg $22)

I think that was it, though I almost feel like I forgot one...

Several new sets up today: Stila, PUR, Tarte, Julep, Butter, Too Faced (no Unicorn Tears latex though ๐Ÿ˜ฅ), Lorac (including Mega Pro 4). 

I can't believe the holidays are just around the corner!

Thanks .. also do you know anything about ulta removing products without a notice? I've been trying to get the banana powder and glow stick from kandee collection but they removed those from the site. Don't know why...
testing