Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

thank you @shimmerbait

you are the bomb!!  I wonder if they'll do it on August 20th or 27th this year?  I'm assuming they'll stick with a Saturday again?  I would think more likely the 20th.  thanks again, y'all that hang on to your emails are amazing!! 🙂

@CaityLaine it was a Monday, and I am wondering a lot if they will do it on 8/21, because of the total solar eclipse that day, it might be kind of distracting. 

Or not, it won't affect me because I will be shopping at 10pm PST on the night before 😉

@gingerleigh

Oh, it totally was a Monday.  when I checked the calendar the first time I thought it was a Saturday my bad lol.

I agree it'll be interesting to see if they switch it because of that.  I kind of feel like they may as well.  hahaha yes me too! 🙂

@itscarin excellent info on upcoming promos! Thanks!

I can 100% confirm that you can redeem $250 in points at a time though. 😛

@CaityLaine 10x points day occurs in August and is on for certain brands. They also have other deals available 🙂

thank you @wwTraveler  🙂

I had thought that it was.  I'm so excited now haha 🙂

@CaityLaine

You can use 4000pts/$250 at a time. I've never found an upper limit on the number of points you can have (have had upwards of 9k before).

No clue on the 10x question though...I apparently missed that completely last year 😢

thank you @RGbrown  🙂

I also didn't participate in it last year 😞  Not that I didn't know about it, but I had other priorities to focus on at that time.  This year though 😉

good to know, the most that I've ever redeemed is 125.00 worth at a time.  I may try to get to 250.00 worth of points with the 10x day and then use the 20% off coupon at the end of the month to redeem my points then.  I'm glad @itscarin mentioned that! 🙂

I love BT everyone here is so helpful lol!!  thanks again 🙂

@RGbrownThey had a 10x point event last year but it was stingy compared to 2015.  I think in 2015 it was 10x on anything, but in 2016 it was more heavily restricted.

Bump 

bump!

bump

Ulta Consumer Files Class Action Against Ulta Over "Free Gift" Charge.

According to some other posts, it seems not-uncommon Ulta charges purchasers $0.01 for some GWP.

Spoiler

A Cleveland-area consumer recently filed a class action lawsuit against bath & body product company Ulta, claiming that the national retailer charges its customers for “free gifts” in violation of Ohio law. According to the lawsuit, consumers who buy enough products to qualify for a “free gift” are charged for that free gift, making it not free, at all.

The class action seeks a refund for people who paid for a “free gift” from any Ohio Ulta location. Under Ohio consumer protection laws, it also seeks a court-ordered injunction to either prohibit Ulta from using the word “free” in its advertisement and promotions, or to force Ulta to change its system so that it no longer charges for its free gifts.

The lawsuit, filed by consumer protection attorney Dan Myers of Myers Law, LLC is captioned, Zachary van Brakle v. Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc., Case No. CV17882631. It was filed in the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas in Cleveland, Ohio, and is pending before Judge David Matia.

In the lawsuit, the consumer alleges that he went to an Ulta location in Strongsville, Ohio to purchase sunscreen, and was informed the purchase qualified for a “free gift.” According to the Complaint, Ulta advertises free gifts both in-store and on its website if customers buy certain products or spend a certain amount. Van Brakle alleges that when he received the item Ulta said would be a free, Ulta charged him for it.

Under the Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act (“CSPA”), Ohio Revised Code 1345.01 et seq., it is “a deceptive act or practice” for a business to use the word “free” or “gift” to describe something to a consumer that is not actually free. Ohio consumer laws regulate when and how a company can use the word “free” or words “free gift.”  These regulations prevent companies from deceiving consumers in their advertisements or during the sales process.

For example, a company is not allowed to offer a “free gift” with the purchase of another item if the cost to the consumer is more than the purchased-item’s regular price. This lawsuit alleges that Ulta’s use of the word “free” is deceptive because Ulta is doing just that, charging more for the purchased-item and free gift combined than the purchased-item’s regular price.  According to the Complaint, “Ulta is engaged in a pattern and practice of systematically deceiving its customers, breaching its sale agreements, and violating Ohio consumers’ right to [know] the truth about the transactions they enter into with Ulta.”

The lawsuit not only requests refunds for the consumers charged for free items, but also a court order permanently prohibiting Ulta from using the word “free” or “free gift” in its advertising unless the offered items are actually free. The lawsuit also requests a court order to force Ulta to correct its sale software to prevent these charges from occurring again. The Complaint states that these court orders are needed to protect the “right of consumers to not be deceived or treated unfairly by a company when buying goods or services.”

According to comments on one website, others have claimed or implied that Ulta has been charging its customers for free items as long ago as Fall 2016, if not earlier.

I've seen them charge $0.01 if the item is expired.  For example, the coupon expires on the 1st and you go to redeem it on the 2nd, then they will charge you a penny for it -- but not all associates will do that.

Seems to be a huge waste of everyone's time to file a suit for a penny. 

Wow, that's literally the Ulta I shop at. Ohio represent, I guess...

Has this happened to anyone here? I've never been charged for a free gift...wondering how commonplace this is? 

It's happen to me in my local store in California a couple of times in 2016. I noticed it, but it didn't bother me. I figured it was for inventory control. 

What I have noticed is that they always ring up as $0.01 in store, but then they scan the coupon and take off the charge.

There have actually been a few times when my coupon turned out to be expired and I asked if I could just pay the once cent and they told me "no."

However, I have heard of some stores actually selling a bunch of leftover promos at one cent each and people walking out with like 10 nice gwps for ten cents - that has never happened to me, but I would not be complaining if it did!

@CAcay @Tamara76 thanks ladies!

The article doesn't say how much this particular customer was charged, but if someone is seriously filing a lawsuit over one cent...well, bless his heart is about the nicest thing I can say. And if it was more than a penny, did he even attempt to fix it with Ulta before filing a suit? Snafus happen...surely they would have corrected it.

And I would adore it if I came across an ulta selling old gwp's for a penny! I would take them all!!! 😂

Wow

@shimmerbait This is pretty scummy. The software for many companies often reduce another item by $0.01 to make up for it, as these products are often scanned to keep count of inventory (I used to be in retail management). Otherwise, employees where I've managed, would be told to manually discount an item. A big lawsuit could affect our future perks at Ulta drastically.  ️ This may make Ulta tighten their purse strings, and be far more stringent with employees and gwp's.

testing