Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

How often does ulta do 20% off coupons? Trying to decide whether to stock up on some things I don't need right this minute.

@galaapple 

In 2016, I received four different 20% off coupons from June - the end of the year (I'm platinum). The dates I got them through the dates when they expired were: 

1) Thursday June 23rd - July 2nd
2) Thursday July 28th - July 30th
3) Monday August 29th - September 3rd

4) Saturday October 29th - One day only

The first two were specified as platinum perks in the emails, but the rest were not 

I feel like they do one every 3 months ish?

@galaapple

Thank you. That's helpful!

Got my Ulta order in today, a day early! Yay! I didn't get the Tarte Tarteist Glossy Lip Paint in Obvi but it got subbed for a Too faced melted matte long wear lipstick. Very happy overall! Thanks to everyone that keeps this thread updated and reminds me to constantly check my email!

I just checked my bag against the picture my soap and glory eyeliner got subbed for vita liberata 10 minute tan. I would've preferred the eyeliner but I'm still super happy with everything. 

Oh that sucks! Not sure what the initial list was but I ended up with both of those in mine.

My Ulta package was clearly messed up and so beat up by the time it arrived to my door. I was waiting for the package, so I even met the UPS man when he arrived. He told me that he would note that the box was damaged.

I have two things missing from my box (Foreo 😞 that I finally pushed myself to purchase) and the promo of Benefit Boe-ing concealer. I really wish that it was my body sponge or dry shampoo that was missing instead... 😞

Additionally, both of my gift bags arrived with spillages. The Skin Food Black Sugar Mask in the $125 gift bag did not even have a lid on (I emptied the entire bag and it's no where to be found!). Of course, the disgusting paste got on over half of the items. It has been very hot so it didn't help the mask from staying in the pot.

In the men's bag, the CREW tea tree shampoo/body wash was literally open. It was not taped, which is so disappointing. I knew something was wrong when I could smell a scent before opening the box! So, that got everywhere in the bag. I will have to get down to wiping and see what items I can salvage and give to my man.

I sent Ulta a Facebook message, and all I can do is pray they will send me a replacement Foreo as I know they're probably OOS of the promos. It's an unfortunate day, but thankfully, the weekend is here.

Photos: (Warning, very graphic! just kidding)

Spoiler
IMG_2277.JPG
IMG_2281.JPG
IMG_2286.JPG
IMG_2283.JPG

@KatieJiang Just like @ElleElleG said, I had a box arrive like this not long ago. It was after I purchased some Lorac POTC stuff and a few UD Vice lipsticks. The check palette was totally smashed and I had a GWP Vice bullet that was broken. I called CS and the very quickly reissued the palette (it arrived a few days later heavily packaged!) and since the GWP was OOS, they gave a gift card. $15 if I remember correctly, definitely worth more than the value of the GWP. Hopefully you get it sorted out!

Yikes, so sorry this happened to you @KatieJiang!  A couple months back I had an order arrive with a box that looked like it took the ride from hell and there was a obvious gap in the box.  Whether they tried to put too much into the box or it was pried into before it arrived I will never know but 2 products were missing.  I immediately called and the CS rep re-issued the missing items with no problem.  I know you mentioned sending a message via Facebook but I would highly recommend calling as well.

Oh man @KatieJiang I'm so sorry that this has happened to you 😞 This isn't how your shopping experience should end up. We get so excited waiting for the platnum GWP events and it is supposed to be a really fun thing and not end up a giant bummer. 

I don't know what happenes to Ulta boxes in shipment but many of mine show up all dented and mangled as opposed to my Sephora boxes that are always in perfect shape. One thing that I noticed is that Ulta's boxes are made of much softer cardboard then Sephora's. So that accounts for their easily smashed boxes but clearly Ulta had no quality control inspection at all on your order. Their customer service should give you 3 gift cards one for each damaged GWP bag and one for the concealer. I sure hope they make this right for you. So sorry it turned out like this.

@PaletteAddict99  Thank you! You are too sweet and totally right about Ulta's boxes being softer. Also, they tend to stuff as much as they can in a box. I do prefer Sephora's method of paper rather than Ulta's large air packets as cushions. You can even tell that UPS retaped it with the clear tape on the busted side since ulta uses the brown tape.

I doubt they'll provide me with three gift cards though haha. I will be more than happy to get a replacement of my missing FOREO. Once again, thank you for your kind words. Heart

You're right that Ulta stuffs more into one box and then throws in one sheet of bubble wrap and a couple of those air bag things. Sephora totally has superior packaging techniques! 

I do think the regular CS rep will at least give you one $15 gift card for sure and maybe you can get two out of them. A supervisor can give $20 gift cards if you can get through to them but it's really hard usually you have to wait for a rerun call from a supervisor. I heard the Facebook customer service team is much more responsive.

I'm sad.

I am missing NINE items from my platinum bag!! I thought that when I went through it, there was stuff I saw in the listing but not in my bag.  I just went through and all of the below is missing 😞 Most of these items are ones I actually wanted to try the most!! I'm so upset.  I ordered it the same day it was released (early in the day on that note) so there shouldn't be any excuses of them running out of product :(.

-Dermablend Loose Setting Powder (0.18 oz)
-Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in Fawn (0.07 oz)
-Philosophy Renewed Hope In A Jar (0.25 oz)
-Lorac Behind The Scene Eye Primer (0.19 oz)
-Clinique For Men Face Scrub (0.5 oz)
-Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask (2 ct)
-Skyn Iceland Plumping Lip Gel (1 ct)
-Belli Clearly Coconut Oil (1.9 oz)
-ULTA Beauty Tropical Flavor Lip Balm (0.14 oz)

Oh no!! 😞

I didn't even bother to go through the list until you posted...I got most everything, but discovered I am missing the dermablend powder and ulta lip balm myself. 

I love ulta, but their track record on these is definitely starting to falter. They used to be good about substituting something, anything, but more and more, stuff is just flat out missing. 🙁

@sabrinas@RGbrownHey ladies! So I think the Dermablend and the Ulta lip balm were typos, because they aren't even in the image of the GWP. I was paranoid also since I just got my bag delivered an hour ago and I started rummaging through it and checking if anything was missing. Instead of the Ulta lip balm they sent out a lotion (which is actually shown in the image of the GWP). I still haven't figured out what is the item that is in the picture and not on the list in relation to the dermablend. That really sucks though, that SO MANY other items were missing.

@natalyf Good call on checking the pic vs the list! How on earth do they accidentally add two items lol. The ulta lotion is actually on the list though, so it's not really a substitute for the lip balm. 

@sabrinas so glad ulta could hook you up...at least they are super quick with resolutions!

Yeah I didn't plan on doing the list thing either but I was like hey, my ABH contour and my dermablend powder I was expecting are gone! So then I looked through the list and was like woah, a LOT is gone.

I called Ulta and they were super sweet on the phone and sent me a $15 gift card to my email which I should be receiving soon.  That was nice of them! 

Kind of bummed that the platinum bag and the 20% off couldn't coincide, like they used to.

At the very least, we should have a Beauty Break next Wednesday. But I agree stacking gifts and q's has become much more difficult lately...they seem to be spacing them out more 😞

They seem to be getting stingier with freebie offers during sales.

testing