Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

That's awful! This is why I don't like them using phone numbers! @makeupobesessed

Anonymous Insider

Did you ask Ulta what they will do in the future to prevent this?  

Have you reported this to the Better Business Bureau?

@Anonymous

I did ask Ulta what they do to prevent this, and the answer was nothing.  They still use my phone number, and its my only phone number so I cant switch it out.  The purchase was made in store so it has to be the way they used my points.  I did tell them that the fact that points equals money should make them increase the security on the system, but the rep didnt have an answer.  I escalated it so maybe Ill get something from a manager, but I doubt it.  

Havent tried to irder online , I dont really want anything at the moment but Im hoping to try it out once the dust settles.  

Ulta ended up getting my points up to 2100, when I only (only?!) lost 1650, so I was happy about that part.  

I will try BBB, didnt think of that.

Anonymous Insider

So sorry this happened to you, @makeupobesessed.

I'm glad they were able to help you out somewhat.  I think that you should insist with the manager for them to get your information manually inputted for your annual points to date.  It is _not_ impossible.  

Reporting it to the BBB makes a third party record that this is a repeated and apparently known issue, thus the representative who gives no answer.  It also helps to escalate your problem for faster and hopefully, better service.

After my second time of getting over 2,000 of my points stolen, ulta erased my phone number from my account and put a random number that isn't tied to any ulta account . Also, next to my name they put (PHOTO ID REQUIRED) so this will be present to the cashier when my account is pulled up. You can go into your account and add that in. Also, I recommend taking your phone number out. 

And lucky you got extra points, I went through this twice and didn't get any extra. 

So, I spoke to Ulta and they credited me back...also opened up a new account.  Problem is, while I have my Platinum status, I lost my anniversary dates and years, and also my year to date spent towards platinum.  On the plus side...maybe this will solve my issue about not being able to order, I havent tried yet.  I also got some bonus points for the trouble.  I plan to try to place an order later.  I have no bonus offers or money spent yet but at least my points are back...

Thanks for all ur support in this !!!

that is horrible, I'm so sorry that happened to you! I hope Ulta makes it right! They should ask for more than a phone number when someone redeems points, since it is equivalent to cash!

@makeupobesessedthe same thing happened to me.  My points were redeemed out of state as well.  I agree with some that it may be an inside job.  I can understand someone maybe mistyping the phone number but somehow it is always for an account with large number of points that they target.  I don't use a phone number in store anymore because I'm paranoid that it will happen again.

I could see it being more "innocent" -- for example they ask for a phone number, you give them one, and then they tell you you have 1650 points to use towards your purchase.  I know they will ask your name to confirm it's your account but a lot of times I'm not even listening to what they say and I just nod my head and say "yes".  (I use fake names for loyalty accounts.  It makes it easier to spot the spam)

I'm so sorry this happened to you.  Since this seems to be happening more and more maybe Ulta should start asking for ID's before letting people redeem points in person =(.

Boooooo 😞 I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you, makeupobsessed!!! 

I hope whoever it is that stole your points and spent them will break out like crazy from whatever they purchased with that stolen money!!!

This happened to me twice within two weeks! Both times someone from two different stores in Illinois stole over $200 worth of my points. They seemed to have it planned because they bought expensive items - and multiples. I contacted ulta through Facebook messenger and they made me make new accounts. This time though, they removed my phone #. 

I feel like this is an inside job though, because I'm in New York. How the heck someone from Illinois would know & steal my information & points, not once but twice. Seems fishy

That sucks! I hope they refund them to you. Do people just go and try out random phone numbers or something? That's awful.

I saw someone post about that in a Facebook group I'm in. I'm so sorry @makeupobesessed what a nightmare. You're not the only one, it seems to be a problem. I was thinking how actually easy it would be to do that, all you would need is someones phone number at check out in store. Keep us posted-will they hopefully reimburse them to you?

What!!! How could that have happened?? Hopefully it's just an error and you can get it all sorted out!

Does anyone know how ulta decides who get which coupons?  I've been platinum for a few years but I seem to miss out on a lot of the product coupons, like the gimme brow, stila lipstick, etc.  no big deal but just wondering....

Oh - I remember a while back, folks here were saying to fill out your interests /profile and I have done that but it didn't seem to help.

Me too.  I wonder if it's regional..

You'd think that by being platinum you'd get more of the promos but maybe theirs using them to lure in those who don't spend as much.  

If anyone is not planning to use their gimme brow gel, please share your code - I would love to try this!

If anyone isn't going to use their brow gel code, I'd really love to try it out. TIA!!

testing