Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

I messaged Ulta on Facebook and got the same response as you.  Frustrating that they are being so inconsistent!  I went ahead and made my purchase.  

If anyone can please pm link to sona gwp I've tried to search with item and product no. But nothing is popping up.  Thanks!

I had luck with ULTA Facebook PM. They told me to place the order and I'll get refunded once it ships. 

@Maria88 do you think I should place an order? My phone rep said she can't guarantee a refund and they dunno anything about anything, but she gave me a reference number for a refund anyways and made notes on my account 

@pinyo If you really want the GWP I would go ahead and do it, especially since the rep notated that you are do a refund. If push comes to shove and for some odd reason they don't honor it, return the GWP? But before you do that contact CS via Facebook: I find they are much nicer there. I think you should be good 😃

Thanks Maria! I think I'll start contacting the FB ulta people from now on. I hate dealing with the phone reps. They're absolutely awful and I literally don't have the voice to deal with them. 

Story time!

@pinyo  A few years ago, I bought a discounted multi piece set from their website and one item was damaged. So I called to see about getting a replacement of just that one item. It wasn't like each piece was special made for the set, the exact same items are sold individually, and I didn't expect this to be a problematic request.  But nope, phone CS said there was nothing they could do and I'd need to return the set in full if I wanted any sort of fix. I would have been fine doing a 100% exchange but the set was sold out at this point.  So next I went to their twitter and posted the same inquiry.  Much better resolution: they wouldn't replace the damaged item but did offer to refund the individual retail value so I could repurchase.  Perfect!

For a few companies now, I stick to social media because the solutions seem to be better than I've come to receive from first-tier phone and email CSRs. 

Good to know. I was always under the impression phone would be better, but now I get to save myself calls and holds 

I did it by calling cs.  Hope we do end up getting both bags..

Same! 

So do we think the Sona bag will be fixed? I hesitate to call CS, as I am a grump today, and I know I will lose my temper if I have a rep argue with me!

Ulta is driving me nuts. I'm so sick and barely have a voice but I decided to call anyways since everyone else seems to have a smooth and easy time with getting an eventual refund. I've been on the call for 20 mins now and the woman keeps arguing with me that I'm not eligible for the bag because I may have coupons. I told her I don't. Then she said oh it's because you have other gifts in there. I said no that's not why, deleted them all and showed her that even with no other gifts, it still won't mark as free. She keeps arguing that she's not sure if I'm eligible. How can I not be eligible if I'm spending the minimum requirement listed AND am platinum (even though no status is required). 

I really dont understand why she's giving me such a hard time and it's unbelievably frustrating. 

Ugggghhh, similar experience. I have an $82 Estée Lauder face cream in my cart, the SG bag, and the skincare bag, plus two deluxe Estée Lauder samples that come with the face cream purchase- and my cart total is $227. I called, and the representative said that GWPs are NOT stackable - that my deluxe EL freebies were causing me to be charged for the 2 bags. I told the rep that was untrue; that I have been stacking GWPs at ulta for YEARS - and just to humor her, I deleted the EL freebies, and tried the bags one at a time, per the "one gwp per order" rule she made up on the spot, and of course the charge still showed for each bag. 

She kept touting that one GWP per order nonsense, and when I said that was patently untrue, that I have always stacked GWPs at ulta (and encouraged her to look at my voluminous order history as evidence), she told me that I must have been able to do that in my previous orders "because of a glitch." 😐😬 

After 15 minutes of this back-and-forth I just said I would try again later. I try my best to be polite to CS reps (and most people), but this particular exchange was so frustrating, and I could feel myself rapidly reaching the end of my rope. 

I just experienced the same.....I called them about the SG is not showing up free. But the lady just could not locate this bag and kept telling me they don't have this at all! “meh emoji”的图片搜索结果

After 3-4 mins I realized that I have no luck with this CS member. So I decided to call later.......

@pinyoBTW, did you get the refund eventually?? Hope you could get well soon!

Does anyone have a Mr. Rebates referral? Seems like that's the highest rebate for Ulta today at 8%

I keep removing and readding the Sona bag like a nut ah!

PMed you!

Anonymous Insider

if anyone would like to pm me a referral link i could use one too!

PMed you!

Ok I just called CS about another issue and asked about the SG bag - they said they hoped to have it fixed within a hour. I hope that's true so just FYI 🙂

I went ahead and ordered, and I'm thinking we will get the 8% MrREbates on the $75 🙂 because the refund will get processed as a separate transaction...

I called and they told me it will be fixed within 3hrs, lol. CS give me a reference # and I placed my order. I am traveling tomorrow so didn't want to risk missing out

testing