cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Tons of points at Ulta what to buy?

Hey guys,

I am torn between getting a bunch of MAC makeup from their snowball with my points or more items with other brands. I have about 150.00 that I can spend with my points.  Advice? #firstworldpromblems

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm going to go with tying s...

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm going to go with tying some things that I'm interested in. that NARS palette looked awesome. I think I'll also try laura gellar diamond swirl and lipstick queen. Thanks so much. And yes I got a new 20% off coupon again so I'm super happy..

Re: Tons of points at Ulta what to buy?

Check your email before your massive point redemption because you may have a 20% off code. I got one this morning, now through Saturday. That will help stretch your points too. Usually when I want to use up my points, I get a fragrance or skincare. If you want to load up on MAC, there's nothing wrong with that either!

I just cashed in my points to buy the Drybar 3 Day Bender curling iron.  I don't think I ever would have been able to justify the price tag if I was paying out of pocket, but by using points I don't feel guilty getting it.  So that's my suggestion - splurge on something you want but probably wouldn't buy for yourself.

It depends on what you are into, what makeup lines are you interested in trying out? Do you want to try a serum or buy a fluffy brush that seems extravagant? I would shoot for something luxurious or an item you don't need that you are curious about.  Recently I picked up the ABH Subculture and the TF I Want Kandee palettes with my points as well as the Hemp Pumpkin Chai lotion I didn't need another palette or lotion, but they were luxuries for me. You may be able to redeem your points for services as well (if you live close to one). A facial may be a nice treat, or a protein treatment for your hair. Good luck with your selection!

@Sage1983 - The Tarte Blush Palette, the Lorac Mega Pro 4, and ABH Contour Kits are on sale right now. Not on sale, but the Too Faced Unicorn Survival Kit or Stila Magnificent Metals seems very holiday appropriate. 

Also a big fan of Korean/Asian skincare. COSRX is great especially the BHA and AHA liquids. Skinfood has some great masks.

That Too Faced unicorn kit is getting lots of bad reviews...

That Too Faced unicorn kit is getting lots of bad reviews......maybe check it out in store before purchasing if its available. I was interested in it to purchase for my daughter but I think i might pass on it.

@Sage1983. I love my Nars palette!

@Sage1983. I love my Nars palette!

Re: @Sage1983. I love my Nars palette!

That is a beautiful palette @Luvstravel thanks for posting it! Going to look at it now LOL

If they have them, get the new Real Techniques Powder Blu...

If they have them, get the new Real Techniques Powder Blue brushes. Made specifically for powder products only. Very beautiful, soft and luxurious. Slightly pricier the the regular RT Brushes, but softer and better handles then the original.

I've spent a lot of my points this year on Nars! I recently redeemed points for the Nars Man Ray face palette, and I also used points on the Nars Lip Glide set earlier this year.

MAC is also always a good idea...

LOL @Sage1983 I have the same problems.

I usually use my Ulta points to buy things that I want but don’t need like more palettes so I don’t feel guilty. I’ve gotten all the ABH, UD, TooFaced and Lorac palettes free that way. 

Sometimes I use points for buying gift sets for presents. Now and then I use the points for a practical item such as skincare. 

I bought the big Mac lipstick set on the Mac site before I knew it was going to be at Ulta grrrrr.

The rest of the Mac stuff isn’t calling me except of course I’m dying for the eyeshadow singles since they are sold out everywhere on the entire planet 

Anyway good luck with your choice.

oh I should add that every time after I spend my points I always wonder if I should have used them for something different Hahaha 

@PaletteAddict99, stalk Macy's website for the Mac Snow b...

@PaletteAddict99, stalk Macy's website for the Mac Snow ball eyeshadows. I hit the jackpot yesterday and caught Stylishly Merry eyeshadow, that is definitely sold out everwhere. Received my email this morning that it has shipped!

Re: @PaletteAddict99, stalk Macy's website for the Mac Snow b...

Oh wow @Luvstravel thank you so much! I’ll definitely do that! I’m so happy for you that your order shipped 🙂 YEY!

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 27 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
testing