Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

You know the feeling... you're meandering through the mall with a coffee in hand and you stumble upon it, the discount department store! It's a treasure hunt and you're on the hunt for luxury skincare, makeup, and a bunch of other things you don't need 😉

From sheet masks to lipsticks and candles to makeup storage, leave your discount department store finds below! 

2018-07-11 13_51_45-TJ Maxx Cashier Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For_' Me Unloading Full.png

Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

Thanks @RebeccaBT ! Once I try it, I’ll be posting a picture! 💅🏼

Great finds @keana1!  I'm an Algenist fan for sure!  Have you tried the Algenist Splash before?  I'd love to know your thoughts on it.  🙂

Thanks @mrsmouse ! This is the first Algenist Splash product that I’ve purchased. I tried it yesterday , I love the light texture and how well it hydrates and moisturizes. This is a keeper! What have you tried or use regularly from Algenist? I use the Hydrating Essence Toner but I added 1/2 bottle of The Ordinary Buffet to have more peptides ( my HG toner was the PTR FirmX but I believe it’s discontinued ) and added 1/2 bottle of TO Marine Hyaluronics to increase its hydrating effect. I’ve tried the Alive Probiotic Balancing Mask only once ( DS ) and once it’s finished I’ll purchase the full size ( my skin loves it ! ) ❤️❤️❤️ I’m becoming a fan too ! 

@keana1 , I never thought to add to an essence or toner.  That's freaking genius!  My Algenist loves and repeat purchases are Algenist GENIUS Ultimate Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mLAlgenist Advanced Anti-Aging Repairing Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL and ALGENIST - Complete Eye Renewal Balm.  I also recently tried Algenist SUBLIME DEFENSE Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50 1 oz / 29.5 mL & really love that too so will become a repurchase as well.  I found the ALGENIST - Hydrating Essence Tonerat Marshalls a few weeks ago, but haven't tried it yet.  I'm working through my Yadah Cactus Toner first, but am really excited to get to it since it's one you like.  Also, I think I'll grab that Splash the next time I see it as well.  Thanks for the recommendations & advice on adding other products in!!  🙂

@mrsmouse I’ve tried the Eye balm ( foils ) and I’ve enjoyed using it but I haven’t decided whether to purchase it or not. I haven’t tried the other 3 that you mentioned. The UV Defense fluid isn’t available at Sephora Canada ( all sunscreens/sunblocks have to be approved by Health Canada first ). I usually use the Hylamide High Efficiency Face Cleanser ( oil based ) and the Balance Me Radiance Face Oil which was a gift from the lovely @itsfi ( its an oil blend ❤️ ). I’m glad that you were able to find the toner at Marshalls! Are you going to improve the toner? If you do, the top is a bit difficult to remove, I had to use a box cutter ( not the sharp area but the other side ). 💕

I just might try adding in TO Buffet @keana1.  I've heard a lot of good things about it, but have never tried it.  Thanks again for recommending that!  I haven't tried the Hylamide High Efficiency Face Cleanser or the Balance Me Radiance Face Oil, so I can't compare those to Algenist.  So far I've been able to find all of the Algenist products I use at TJM & Marshall's lately so at least I can get them for a good price.  🙂

I was only able to find 1 Algenist product at Winners @mrsmouse , compared to a few months ago the store has more interesting items and it’s nice and well organized. Almost everything ( makeup + skincare ) are in see through locked boxes, before it was a complete mess. I’ll have to take a peak at the closest Marshalls soon ! 🧐  It’s great that you were able to find all of the Algenist products that you use at a reasonable price! 😃 

For the most part, unless it's in a clear locked container, the wire wrap, or is sealed, I skip it at TJM/Marshall's.  It's just not worth the potential risk to me.  Far too often I see people opening things up.  I'm glad your Winners store has moved to that & become more organized @keana1!  It makes is a LOT more fun to shop.  I really hope you are able to find some good stuff at Marshall's when you go!

I hope so @mrsmouse ! Thanks! ❤️

RE: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

All of these Kevyn Aucoin brushes are listed on TJMaxx online. The prices are insane. The Foundation Brush (with the yellow bristles) is listed incorrectly as a contour brush for $16.99. It retails for $82! These are great quality

Re: RE: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

@ArmyChick84 These are all such amazing brushes! I am shocked at the price! GREAT deal!

Best,
Rebecca

@ArmyChick84 I'm curious if you've tried these vs the Mar...

@ArmyChick84 I'm curious if you've tried these vs the Marc Jacobs brushes and how you think they compare if you have. I bought the MJ bronzer and smudger and RT Bleu 03 complexion but haven't tried them yet. I've just been debating if I should hold onto those or go for the KA ones.

RE: @ArmyChick84 I'm curious if you've tried these vs the Mar...

I like all of them...I do love KA's brushes though. Great quality. MJ's are almost as awesome.

Re: @ArmyChick84 I'm curious if you've tried these vs the Mar...

@alexalicious I have the MJ one and I rarely use it as it feels slightly rough to me (I believe it is goat hair?). Haven't tried the KA ones yet, though, so I can't compare the two.

Re: RE: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

Love your new brushes @ArmyChick84 ! 😉 You have a great assortment of different brushes! ❤️

I did pretty good keeping my purchases this weekend reasonable...and then I went into a Sephora (which is a tale for another post), but here were my Marshall's & TJM finds this weekend.  Clearance were Esfolio Foot Peel $3.50, Holika Holika Hibiscus (either $6 or $8 - I can't remember), and Dr. Jart Shake Shot mask $1 (it doesn't have the shaker, but I have 4 so I'm good).  The cat headband was $3.99, Erno Laszlo masks $12.99 & TCS masks were $3.99 each.

20190922_085730.jpg

@mrsmouse Oooh, so many good ones! I haven't seen that ABC Creme Shop Mask before - I'll definitely have to watch out for them! 

Aha @Shosh85!  I'm taking notes.  😉

Great masks @mrsmouse ! The cat eye mask is the cutest mask that I’ve ever seen ! Enjoy! 😻

Thanks @keana1 !  They ALWAYS get me with those animal face masks!  I just can't seem to resist the cuteness of it all.  😉

Same here @mrsmouse ! 😉

5,267 Replies
testing