Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

You know the feeling... you're meandering through the mall with a coffee in hand and you stumble upon it, the discount department store! It's a treasure hunt and you're on the hunt for luxury skincare, makeup, and a bunch of other things you don't need 😉

From sheet masks to lipsticks and candles to makeup storage, leave your discount department store finds below! 

2018-07-11 13_51_45-TJ Maxx Cashier Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For_' Me Unloading Full.png

Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

@missjeanie  you always have the best finds for masks. Love your haul. Enjoy and can't wait to hear about them 😄

@GalPalVal17I have so many that I'm itching to try out!

A bit jealous of all those mask sets @missjeanie. I need to check out my stores to see if there's anything worth buying. Can't wait to see them all in the masking challenge!

I've got to say my winners has been pretty good for such a small store the last few months @ShortErica ... My TJ's however has been on a downward slide since Christmas:(

Well that stinks @missjeanie. Hope your TJ Maxx turns it around.

I hate to say it... but I'm actually kind of okay with them not being so amazing right now... saves me money @ShortErica !  It seems like they're stocking nothing but Global Beauty something or other and Spa Life lately?

That's a great way to think about it @missjeanie. I'll need to visit mine to see the selection, I haven't walked over there from work in a while. Another excuse to browse. 🙂

If you walk... it's basically just saving you a gym membership so you could use the money saved on fun things you find. lol In all seriousness I've found some great products that I wouldn't grab at full price, but I'm willing to try at a discount.  This years goal is to not buy anything at full price, and Winners/TJ's is helping me with that @ShortErica 

Yes, discounts are the way to go @missjeanie! I'm trying to think..beauty related maybe CeraVe and some holiday kits (which are a deal anyway) would be my only full price purchases. My coworker walks every day but I always feel guilty since I'm usually the one who answers the phones so I try not to leave my desk.

A lot of the women I work with take walks on their lunches and then eat their lunches at their desks while they work.  I tend to work though my lunch most days, but I watch the phones for the women who works at our front desk when she's on her breaks/lunches, we all do really.  I'm sure that your co-workers don't mind if you take off for a bit of time!  Teamwork right?

Holiday sets have always been my weakness @ShortErica !  I'll bet you could get the CeraVe on sale at a drug store? or 20% off at Ulta?  I agree that holiday sets are already a deal in and of themselves.  I feel like I'm going to spend a bit at Sephora's April sale, then might do a no/low buy for the summer or until their November sale? I feel like I probably have enough masks now to last me three years lol

I'm sure no one in my department would mind and it's in my head to feel the burden. I guess sometimes I need to put myself first.

@missjeanie I probably could do a coupon but usually "full price" at Walmart or Target is less than Ulta with a coupon on most of the CeraVe items I use. Maybe the combo of buy one get one 50% plus a coupon would make it a better deal. I'll have to figure that out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Have you shared a picture of your mask stash? I feel like we should have that as a prompt vs. a survey for one of the weeks. We figure out some awesome ideas for the masking thread together! 😍

@ShortErica @I was just thinking about photos of mask collections this morning! I tried to do a quick morning mask, and was bouncing from the five spots I have masks at the moment and thought it would be nice to get everything all together and see everything together. I’d love to see everyone’s storage/organization. I’m also pretty curious about how many masks most keep on hand. I think @heartsmyface posted one a few months ago and it was cool to see how separated her collection among mask types.

You raise a good point about ulta pricing being higher. I’ll have to keep that in mind for drugstore products from there! 

@missjeanie I wanted to say THANK YOU! I try to be a smart shopper but this discussion made me into an even better bargain shopper. CVS is usually my drugstore of choice and sometimes I get 30-40% off a single item coupons. Although their prices are higher than Walmart/Target I thought it would be a good time to analyze.

So I do backups (usually 1 backup) of skincare products since I know approximately how long they will last me and wanted to get the Vichy Mineral 89. It's $29.50 at both Ulta and CVS. Sometimes it is buy one get one 50% off. Anyhow, CVS sent me a $5 off $22 skincare coupon plus I had 32% off a single item. So I got it for $17.45!

Now I need to wait for more coupons and apply the same principal to CeraVe since CVS promotions can provide a better price than Walmart/Target. Thanks again!

It's always good to keep things like that in mind @ShortErica .  Let me know how you end up liking the Vichy.  I've picked it up a few times only to put it back down again.  Do drug stores do price matching?  I know some grocery stores and high end department stores do it.  My problem of late is getting tempted by everything at winners/tjmaxx.  I can control my online self so easily by thinking I'll grab it during the next sale if I really still want it, but seeing stuff in real life that may not be there tomorrow at half off or more... I have fomo lol! 

The Vichy is my favorite and a repurchase though I haven't had it in my stash for maybe 6 months. I appreciate the limited ingredients in it. I've tried the Hada Labo and though good and probably has a better ingredient profile - squalene and other good things besides hyaluronic acid, the jar packaging is a bit of a pain to me. I was hoping maybe the CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly 4.2 oz/ 125 mL might be a cheaper alternative since it is 4.2 oz for about the same price as the Vichy and has a pump. Using it for just a few days, it's a bit more runny and the smell (which I only get when I pump it out) reminds me of paint like artist supplies odor. Sometimes I've seen the Vichy advertised as a moisturizer and other times as a serum. I don't think it could serve as a stand alone moisturizer and I use it as a serum before my CeraVe lotion. I think the combination of the two work well for my face.

I don't know if drug stores do price matching. That's something to check out. Yep, my Marshall's trips have really tested me recently. That's why I post in the Masking Challenge to delay the purchase for at least a few hours if something is good but then I don't miss out. Also seeing fragrance halfway in the ingredient list has stopped/saved me a few times. I don't mind fragrance but know it can be a skin irritant and don't want to drown my face in it. Bottom of the list for a mask, I'll let it slide but middle of the road is a no. I think lots of the masks I've seen also had a high amount of alcohol. But I can relate to the in-store temptation @missjeanie.

Wonderful haul, shopping is the best therapy lol @missjeanie !! I hope you'll love these candles as much as I do. Mango tangerine sounds delicious!

I'm burning the tropical citrus one right now @ellem24  and the throw is fantastic! 

@missjeanie WOW! Such amazing finds! Love this haul 🙂

Best,

Rebecca 

Thanks @RebeccaBT I'm going to be busy masking and organizing masks this weekend lol!

Great finds @missjeanie!

Thanks @faeriegirl ! I’ll have a busy face trying everything out this week!

5,265 Replies
testing