Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

You know the feeling... you're meandering through the mall with a coffee in hand and you stumble upon it, the discount department store! It's a treasure hunt and you're on the hunt for luxury skincare, makeup, and a bunch of other things you don't need 😉

From sheet masks to lipsticks and candles to makeup storage, leave your discount department store finds below! 

2018-07-11 13_51_45-TJ Maxx Cashier Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For_' Me Unloading Full.png

Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

@JoSometimes, I liked the No Poreblem primer for my T-zone when my skin is more combo-oily. 

@itsfi I’ve used if a few times with my very dry skin. With proper skincare prep, it’s not so bad. I use First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL for one final bit of hydration before anything matte and it usually works for me. 

IMG_5174.jpeg

I took my girls to Marshall’s near the house today after they requested to go out after school. They got some cute earmuffs for winter time and I saw this cute little palette. It’s got some deeper blues, purples, and metallics. I don’t have anything similar and it didn’t even crack $10, so I grabbed it. And I’m out of a retinol product right now. I didn’t want to make the trek out to my favourite Asian beauty shop for a replacement, so I grabbed this little bottle. My skin has tolerated every retinol product I’ve ever tried, so I thought it’s a cheap enough experiment.

IMG_4754.jpeg

Unlike other trips to Winners/Marshall’s, I was actually hoping I would come across LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL. I tried a sample of it and loooved it, then remembered that it sometimes pops up at W/M. The polishes were just cherries on top.

@JoSometimes  that's a great mask, very hydrating and soothing! I also have seen it fairly regularly at TJM. Glad you were able to find what you were looking for! 

Thanks @caitbird! Things rotate so often at those stores, there’s never any guarantee something will be there when you need it. I’m glad it was there during that trip. 

IMG_4595.jpeg

I didn’t buy anything today but I did come across this. It’s nice to see and hopefully it gets used quite a bit! 🌎

@JoSometimes happy to see this 

@greeneyedgirl107 Me too! I have a finished brow pencil that could use some recycling. 

@JoSometimes It’s wonderful to see that Winners is also taking back beauty empties! I always get conflicted about bringing my eyebrow pencil empties bc I keep thinking the spoolie “might” get some use and come in handy in the future 🤣

I felt you on that @Guessgal. I’ve been keeping nail polish bottles just in case. I dropped one and it cracked. I thought I could transfer it to one of my empties but it completely fell apart before I could. 

@JoSometimes does this pact have exclusions?  When I looked into the pact program at Sephora, there were a ton.

@greeneyedgirl107 Seems like they might have some. There’s a questionnaire to help figure out what can and can’t go in their bins. I just searched for “Winners x Pact”

oh my goodness 🙌 thank you for sharing that  🌠 @JoSometimes 

@ionianblue Hopefully it’s in all stores and not just a select few. 

Went to a Winners that was beside a Hone Depot because I needed supplies for a job. I walked away from a few Anastasia Beverly Hills palettes (trying to tag the thread, but I can’t seem to find it). I have a highlighter that I haven’t tried yet from my Top Box subscription, so I’m ok skipping that one. 

IMG_3791.jpeg

These ended up coming home with me though. I’ve been wanting to see what the grass is like on the other side when it comes to nail length. I usually keep mine short for work and life in general but I wanted to try something longer for fun once I’m done this project. I thought this would be a quick way to do try and see. The thing that annoys me about these press-on nail sets is that they’re not designed with AMAB hands in mind. If anyone knows of a set that has a 17 or 18 mm thumb, please let me know!

I’ve heard many good thing about the Cosrx cleanser and it was a steal of a deal, so why not?

And the last one was a cute little lip tint from Etude House. I couldn’t say no to this like k-beauty cutie!

@JoSometimes Ooo please tag me if/when you wear the Etude House lip tint (which shade is it?! 😁) I always wanted to try this line but also have a multitude of lippies to get through haha

@Guessgal I’ll try to remember for next time! I’m not sure which shade this one is. I can’t find a name or number on it anywhere. 

I love the CosRX cleanser @JoSometimes. I actually LOOOOOVE their essence and the sunscreen. Been using it for like a decade and I don't try anything else LOL WHAT A HAUL. WTHECK ETUDE HOUSE??!?! I have this tint but paid pull price 🥲

@jaaayp I’m enjoying the cleanser so far. It’s gentle, even if I’ve got patches of active eczema flare ups and the scent is pretty invigorating. I’ve been using their sunscreen for almost a month. I also have their lip mask, but I switched to Laneige because mango. Which essence are you using? 

And yes, Etude House!!! It looked neglected and alone, so I decided it should come join my backlog of other products I haven’t tried yet. 😅

@JoSometimes  Great nails!  I hope they work out!

5,265 Replies
testing