Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

You know the feeling... you're meandering through the mall with a coffee in hand and you stumble upon it, the discount department store! It's a treasure hunt and you're on the hunt for luxury skincare, makeup, and a bunch of other things you don't need 😉

From sheet masks to lipsticks and candles to makeup storage, leave your discount department store finds below! 

2018-07-11 13_51_45-TJ Maxx Cashier Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For_' Me Unloading Full.png

Re: TJ Maxx / Marshalls / Winners Hauls & Finds!

Well, my hair for the past decade at least has had volume for days.  And I used to have frizz, but I've sorted a lot of the frizz out. But there can still be frizz where the baby hairs that are starting to grow stick up (probably where the volume comes from).  Anyways. I've used this banana shampoo and conditioner a couple of times now and I have found I can't use them twice in a row because my hair (roots) gets oilier faster while using them.  Instead of going, say, 4ish days between washes using Olaplex 3/4/5 or AMIKA - Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo, Briogio don't despair repair! Mask, or Christophe Robin prickly pear mask (all with help of dry shampoo on day 3 or 4), the Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo for Dry Hair

I find makes my hair greasier at the roots so I have to wash again in 2-3 days, 2 if using it back-to-back.   It is in my rotation, but maybe I have to not use the conditioner on my roots?  

I have the don't despair repair line to try as well, and hopefully it is nicer for my roots.  

That being said, I wouldn't recommend the banana conditioner if you have greasier roots to begin with, I feel it would weigh the roots down more. @keana1 

@l8totheparty Thanks for letting me know about the Briogeo Banana & Coconut Shampoo & Conditioner , I don’t think that it’s the right combination for me. I should try The Olaplex 3 and 4 but I’m afraid that the number 5 might weigh my fine hair down! I have to see if a smaller size is available for me to try it first. I use the AMIKA - 3D Volume and Thickening Shampoo for now but once I’m finished, I’ll reuse the Bumble and bumble Thickening Volume Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL which gives my wimpy hair more volume ! 

Well, no5 does not grease my hair or roots up, which is an incredible win in my books.  I recommend Olaplex Mini No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 3.3 oz/ 100 mL the mini to try.  Or see if your store can give a sample of it?  Sometimes trying it once or twice is enough to know if you like the conditioner or not.  @keana1 Not all conditioners are made for all people. 

Thanks for your input about the Olaplex no 5 @l8totheparty ! I’ll have to see if I can get a sample! 🥰

@keana1 ,

What brand or product name do you use?  Not weighing the hair down sounds really good!

Hi @tsavorite ! I use the Verb Leave-In Mist ( I tried to tag it but something went wrong ), I don’t mist it directly in my hair but into one of my hands, rub both hands together and then go through my hair ( if I mist it directly into my hair then it weighs my hair down ). I follow with the DEVACURL - WAVE MAKER™ Touchable Texture Whip ( I have wavy hair on a good hair day! ) I only use a nickel size. Afterwards I use the BUMBLE AND BUMBLE - Thickening Go Big Volumizing Treatment because I have fine hair and I finish with the Bumble and bumble Thickening Spray 8 oz/ 250 mL and let my hair air dry so that I don’t damage it. I know that I use many different products but it works out great for my fine hair and I get the volume I need. If I use a rinse-off conditioner, it’s a bad hair day waiting to happen! 🙄

@keana1 , Thank you!

HOLY HAUL Batman!  OMG @CookieGirl1 , please tell me you grabbed ALL of those Dr. Jart Ceramindin masks!  It's my absolute favorite & I definitely grab them all when I see them since they've been reformulated and the new formula is not as good.  Also, I've never seen Briogeo at TJM before, that's so awesome!  Truly amazing finds & I hope you enjoy everything you brought home!  🙂

@mrsmouse I hate to tell you this but I literally only purchased the Briogeo conditioner since I'd never tried it before and I feel like a lot of people love it  (and it definitely smells AMAZING).  I may have to go back for the masks since I've never tried those, either, if they're that good!

My skin loves ceramidin, so those were a huge discovery for me @CookieGirl1!  It was others on here who alerted me to the fact that the formula has been changed & to grab those ones when I saw them.  My skin is combo normal/dry if that helps you make a decision as to whether or not to pick them up.  I have no idea how you were able to show so much restraint while you were there, but I 100% applaud your efforts!  At minimum I think I would have walked out with the ceramidin masks, the conditioner, and a couple of the brushes.  😉

Definitely be on the lookout for them at your store, @mrsmouse.  I hope you can find them too!

I think you gave me super juju @CookieGirl1 because I found 8 this weekend and grabbed them all!  Thanks girl!  🙂

@mrsmouse I'll try to find more soon and pass on a little more good juju then 🙂

Thanks @CookieGirl1🙂

@CookieGirl1 That is my favorite deodorant! 

Best,
Rebecca

I decided to go to Winners on a whim and I found these : The Essie nail polish is a duochrome ( dark blue with green ) and the Algenist Splash emulsion will keep my very dry skin quite moisturized for Fall/Winter/Early Spring!The Essie nail polish is a duochrome ( dark blue with green ) and the Algenist Splash emulsion will keep my very dry skin quite moisturized for Fall/Winter/Early Spring!

👍 @keana1 ❤️ love that nail polish shade 

Thanks @2manyperfumes ! I haven’t tried it yet but it looks promising! 😉

@keana1 I love that nail polish! SO pretty!

Best,
Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT ! Once I try it, I’ll be posting a picture! 💅🏼

Great finds @keana1!  I'm an Algenist fan for sure!  Have you tried the Algenist Splash before?  I'd love to know your thoughts on it.  🙂

5,265 Replies
testing